Anyone Over 21 Can Buy Marijuana Today
(12-02-2015, 10:24 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(12-02-2015, 04:54 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-02-2015, 03:11 PM)tornado Wrote:
(12-02-2015, 12:04 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-02-2015, 12:01 PM)tornado Wrote: Scientists push for pot-pesticide testing before new Oregon rules
http://www.mailtribune.com/article/20151.../151209950
I always use lady bugs, diatomaceous earth, and praying mantids.  Man made pesticides not needed.

Where do you get theses bugs?

Location, location, location Big Grin
Evidently the plant life in my yard attracts insects, which attracts predator insects. In addition to our native ladybug beetles, I have asian ladybugs; they are those will multiple spots. One winter they made their way into the house, huddled in a triangular mass in the ceiling corner of my tub/shower. One day when it was time to leave, they were gone without my noticing their exit. To this day I wonder where they entered the house.

OH, I just wondered if you bought them. But really if you get an infestation of spider mites good luck with praying  mantises or lady bugs saving your plant. Smiling

Do they still make Shell no pest strips.?
I used to hang those in my grow room, when I was a teenager.

Those strips are disgusting and only good for flys, gnats and the like. 

Monterey Garden Spray with Spinosad works good for spider mites, but the spider mites can and do develope a resistance to the spray. Look up Spinosad; it is interesting how they discovered this product 
(12-03-2015, 08:05 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(12-02-2015, 12:04 PM)tvguy Wrote: Where do you get theses bugs?

Evidently the plant life in my yard attracts insects, which attracts predator insects. In addition to our native ladybug beetles, I have asian ladybugs; they are those will multiple spots. One winter they made their way into the house, huddled in a triangular mass in the ceiling corner of my tub/shower. One day when it was time to leave, they were gone without my noticing their exit. To this day I wonder where they entered the house.

OH, I just wondered if you bought them. But really if you get an infestation of spider mites good luck with praying  mantises or lady bugs saving your plant. Smiling

Monterey Garden Spray with Spinosad works good for spider mites, but the spider mites can and do develope a resistance to the spray. Look up Spinosad; it is interesting how they discovered this product 

Your thinking those sticky strips. No these were clean little boxes that released nerve gas. (like a flea collar).  killed all the insects in the room.
Quote:Dichlorvos-impregnated strips (2,2-dichlorovinyl dimethyl phosphate, or DDVP pest strips) were first registered in 1954 under the trade name Vapona by Shell Chemical Company. These pest strips have been used by entomologists, museums, and other conservators for museum fumigation for decades.

DDVP is highly volatile, so does an excellent job of diffusing through an enclosed space. I’ll repeat — Highly Volatile. A block of DDVP emits vapors that repel and kill insects within 1,200 cubic feet for up to 4 months. It’s a strong smell that makes me nostalgic. It’s the smell of museum specimens and unopened cabinets of curiosities. It’s the smell of old insect collections.
It’s the smell of death and beautiful dead things.

http://www.wired.com/2014/01/cdc-warning...st-strips/

I think you can still buy them out of Mexico.
(12-03-2015, 08:05 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(12-02-2015, 12:04 PM)tvguy Wrote: Where do you get theses bugs?

My neighbor who's plants were only about 150 feet from mine, were infested with spider mites.  I didn't have any.
His plants didn't get as much sun or as much wind. His were against a fence. Mine right in the open. The wind almost every evening really rips across my property.
He also watered EVERY day. Me? Once every three days. There ya have it, a scientifical study Smiling
(12-02-2015, 12:01 PM)tornado Wrote: Scientists push for pot-pesticide testing before new Oregon rules
I always use lady bugs, diatomaceous earth, and praying mantids.  Man made pesticides not needed.

Finally found this picture I took of praying mantes emerging from the egg case. I was kneeling in the garden beneath an old car wheel I use for a hose reel when I noticed something eerie falling from above. One of my most incredible moments.[Image: Image018_zpsqmmwjyai.jpg]" />
(12-10-2015, 06:11 PM)tornado Wrote:

Finally found this picture I took of praying mantes emerging from the egg case. I was kneeling in the garden beneath an old car wheel I use for a hose reel when I noticed something eerie falling from above. One of my most incredible moments.[Image: Image018_zpsqmmwjyai.jpg]" />

Pretty cool. When I was a kid I brought a caccoon... Chrysalis whatsamajig in to my room and I ended up with those little guys all over the place
Just don't let them grow too big.

[Image: 3_Mantis_3D_glasses.jpg]