Anyone Over 21 Can Buy Marijuana Today
The prohibitionists have lost. Let freedom ring. And for those of you that are anti pot, don't smoke it. The rest of you can enjoy some of Oregon's finest.

Oregon becomes third U.S. state to allow recreational marijuana sales

[Image: d0c3eb8ca18907492a4b337b5cec5193.jpeg] 
By Courtney Sherwood 3 hours ago

[/url][img=300x0]http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/Os3q9ESRrD_6RSbo8WTnhw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3NfbGVnbztmaT1maWxsO2g9MjAwO3E9NzU7dz0zMDA-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Reuters/2015-10-01T152718Z_1_LYNXNPEB9028B_RTROPTP_2_USA-MARIJUANA-OREGON.JPG[/img]
View gallery
Juliano Hamana ® and Jayme Jennings (L) browse samples at Shango Cannabis shop on first day of legal …

By Courtney Sherwood

PORTLAND, Ore. (Reuters) - The sale of marijuana for recreational use began in Oregon on Thursday as it joined Washington state and Colorado in allowing the sale of a drug that remains illegal under U.S. federal law.

Oregon residents 21 years and older can buy up to a quarter-ounce (seven grams) of dried flowers at roughly 200 existing medical-use marijuana dispensaries as a new law took effect that backers hope will help curb a flourishing black market

"You can get all the best strains from Oregon, which can make this into a top tourist spot," said Sue Vorenberg, a former cannabis industry worker and editor of the Cannabis Daily Record.

Voters in Oregon and Alaska last year approved marijuana use and possession in state-regulated frameworks. Retail pot shops, like those already operating in Washington state and Colorado, are expected to start in 2016. The District of Columbia has also legalized marijuana possession.

While marijuana use remains illegal for any reason under federal law, 23 states allow cannabis use for medical purposes. Legalization measures will be on the ballot in Ohio in November and in other states in 2016.
[url=http://news.yahoo.com/photos/shane-klum-smells-sample-shango-cannabis-shop-first-photo-152718767.html]
View gallery
In Oregon, possessing and growing pot became legal in July. Come January, the state expects to start accepting applications for retail businesses. Through 2015, recreational-use pot sales will be untaxed, though that will likely change next year.

Legalization measures have drawn opposition from anti-marijuana groups who say they heighten drug use and access by children.
Roughly 30 municipalities in Oregon have enacted bans, while others have sharply limited the nascent industry.

In Portland, the state's largest city, lawmakers on Wednesday were considering limits on the number of stores allowed in each neighborhood and operating hours.

"We've lost the war on marijuana," Klamath County Commissioner Jim Bellet said last month as he voted to support the county's cannabis ban.

Vorenberg said people have been traveling from Oregon to neighboring Washington state to buy marijuana and could continue to do so in search of lower prices.
(Reporting by Courtney Sherwood; Editing by Eric M. Johnson and Mohammad Zargham)
Where in Grasnts Pass?
(10-01-2015, 09:29 AM)chuck white Wrote: Where in Grasnts Pass?

https://www.leafly.com/dispensary-info/antheia
Used to smoke it.....took my last puff somewhere around 15 years ago, it was really as simple as one day I just decided I had enough and I didn't want to do it any more and since then I have had no desire to resume.* For those that do, enjoy your day.

*if I ever find myself with some health affliction wherein which it may be of some benefit, you can bet I will give it a shot.
(10-01-2015, 09:49 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

https://www.leafly.com/dispensary-info/antheia

I see they are registered as an LLC. Cool.  Wink

soudns liek you alreaydy haev some Razz
Grass Pants dispensary has a boatload of it.
(10-01-2015, 01:45 PM)tornado Wrote: Grass Pants dispensary has a boatload of it.

Weed from China, this country is going to pot.
Wow! What a fucking achievement! Now we can expect to see graduation rates to hit the top 1% and welfare rates to be in the bottom 1%. 
(10-02-2015, 05:01 PM)orygunluvr Wrote: Wow! What a fucking achievement! Now we can expect to see graduation rates to hit the top 1% and welfare rates to be in the bottom 1%. 

Laughing Tell that to Steve Jobs. Nevermind he is dead. Here Einstein:

http://coed.com/2011/02/02/the-10-smarte...-admit-it/
(10-02-2015, 07:50 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(10-02-2015, 05:01 PM)orygunluvr Wrote: Wow! What a fucking achievement! Now we can expect to see graduation rates to hit the top 1% and welfare rates to be in the bottom 1%. 

And that relates to Oregon how? I don't think I would have to tell Steve Jobs that 30 years of liberal heirarchy in Oregon has resulted in being the worst state in the country for students. He already knew that.
(10-02-2015, 07:52 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:

And that relates to Oregon how? I don't think I would have to tell Steve Jobs that 30 years of liberal heirarchy in Oregon has resulted in being the worst state in the country for students. He already knew that.

Oh, only Oregonians get stupid when they smoke weed. Got it. Besides, high school kids have been able to get weed for 40 years. The new law did not do that, nor did it make it easier for minors to get weed.
(10-02-2015, 08:20 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

Oh, only Oregonians get stupid when they smoke weed. Got it. Besides, high school kids have been able to get weed for 40 years. The new law did not do that, nor did it make it easier for minors to get weed.
I didn't think your stupid drug and alcohol addled brain would get it. There is more value placed on legalizing fucking weed than getting our students more interested in academics and getting people off of welfare and working. Yes teenagers smoking weed do get dumber, so why not promote it huh? 30 years of democratic majority rule and all you guys can pray for is legal weed. Oh yeah, and electing child molesters. 
(10-02-2015, 09:45 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:
(10-02-2015, 08:20 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

I didn't think your stupid drug and alcohol addled brain would get it. There is more value placed on legalizing fucking weed than getting our students more interested in academics and getting people off of welfare and working. Yes teenagers smoking weed do get dumber, so why not promote it huh? 30 years of democratic majority rule and all you guys can pray for is legal weed. Oh yeah, and electing child molesters. 

There is more value placed on legalizing fucking weed than getting our students more interested in academics and getting people off of welfare and working.

That's just an apples to oranges comment. Legalizing MJ doesn't mean anyone thought that was more important than whatever problems you can come up with. Blink And it sure as hell doesn't mean ANYONE is "promoting that school kids should smoke weed.

It doesn't mean kids will now smoke just because it's legal for adults. Cigarettes and alcohol are legal for adults . Should we make them illegal so gets won't get drunk or smoke tobacco? It's no different, kids who want alcohol tobacco OR MJ could get it before just like they can now.
Colorado school tax hit's a new record thanks to pot.
Put your Crack pipe down for a minute.
Lobby Salem to do the same.....use these taxes for schools, at least in part..
(10-04-2015, 09:34 AM)Willie Krash Wrote: Colorado school tax hit's a new record thanks to pot.
Put your Crack pipe down for a minute.
Lobby Salem to do the same.....use these taxes for schools, at least in part..
Or use the money to increase state wages
Pot control doesn't work Grants Pass. Everybody has it anyway. Kinda like gun control in Chicago, a liberal dream hits headlong into a conservative dream.
Oregon sells $10.8 million worth of pot in the first 6 days
[Image: 151009152150-oregon-record-pot-sales-780x439.jpg]

By Ahiza Garcia  @ahiza_garcia

It's a big pot payday.

Dispensaries in Oregon sold $10.8 million worth of recreational pot in the first six days it was legal, said the Oregon Retailers of Cannabis Association.

Recreational sales 
became legal in Oregon on October 1, and the association has only tallied revenue through October 6.

Based on the first week of sales, a spokesperson for the retail group projected that actual sales will "wildly surpass" the state's projections.

Oregon joined Colorado and Washington to become the third state to sell pot for non-medicinal purposes.

Customers can buy one-quarter ounce per day, but seed sales are unlimited. Growing and using marijuana for recreational purposes was legalized on July 1.

Related: Colorado made pot tax-free for a day

The retailers association is the only group that can track recreational marijuana sales made through December 31. That's because it's being sold tax-free in the state until the end of the year.

Eventually the 
Oregon Liquor Control Commission will track these sales, but that won't happen until the commission begins issuing its own licenses sometime next year.

That agency 
estimates that Oregon will bring in $10.7 million in tax revenue by 2017.
(10-12-2015, 09:23 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Oregon sells $10.8 million worth of pot in the first 6 days

It's a big pot payday.

Dispensaries in Oregon sold $10.8 million worth of recreational pot in the first six days it was legal, said the Oregon Retailers of Cannabis Association.

Recreational sales 
became legal in Oregon on October 1, and the association has only tallied revenue through October 6.

Based on the first week of sales, a spokesperson for the retail group projected that actual sales will "wildly surpass" the state's projections.

Oregon joined Colorado and Washington to become the third state to sell pot for non-medicinal purposes.

Customers can buy one-quarter ounce per day, but seed sales are unlimited. Growing and using marijuana for recreational purposes was legalized on July 1.

The retailers association is the only group that can track recreational marijuana sales made through December 31. That's because it's being sold tax-free in the state until the end of the year.

Eventually the 
Oregon Liquor Control Commission will track these sales, but that won't happen until the commission begins issuing its own licenses sometime next year.

That agency 

Lets see how long these prices stay where they are. After all very Tom Dick and Harry will be growing their four legal plants. and then some shhhh. And the more dispensaries the more the competition. I would imagine a lot of people might grow their legal huge plants for the sole purpose of selling it all or most of it.

(10-12-2015, 11:02 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-12-2015, 09:23 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Oregon sells $10.8 million worth of pot in the first 6 days

It's a big pot payday.

Recreational sales 

Eventually the 

That agency 

Lets see how long these prices stay where they are. After all very Tom Dick and Harry will be growing their four legal plants. and then some shhhh. And the more dispensaries the more the competition. I would imagine a lot of people might grow their legal huge plants for the sole purpose of selling it all or most of it.

Ya think?  Unsure Laughing