Everything I don't know about guns
(10-12-2015, 07:26 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(10-11-2015, 09:27 PM)Scrapper Wrote: [Image: shootin-guns.gif]

Everyone must be armed. It's our only hope.  Wink

Oh yeah! That should work.  Sad

"When things got out of hand, a city government was organized. Laws were drawn up banning livestock on the sidewalks; horses above the ground floor; public drunkenness and disorderly conduct; the carrying of guns within the town limits (all who entered had to place their weapons on pegs provided in most public places), and the discharge of firearms within the city limits except on such holidays as the Fourth of July and New Year's Day."

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/09/02/opinio...37490.html
(10-12-2015, 08:14 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

"When things got out of hand, a city government was organized. Laws were drawn up banning livestock on the sidewalks; horses above the ground floor; public drunkenness and disorderly conduct; the carrying of guns within the town limits (all who entered had to place their weapons on pegs provided in most public places), and the discharge of firearms within the city limits except on such holidays as the Fourth of July and New Year's Day."

You have been reading my posts for a long time, so I assume you grasp sarcasm when it comes from me. Right?

Also, the link doesn't work. 
(10-12-2015, 08:19 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

You have been reading my posts for a long time, so I assume you grasp sarcasm when it comes from me. Right?

Say what? Of course I understood your point. And I agree, and posted the thing about "gun control in dodge city" to support your point. 

(I suspect the NYT links only work if one subscribes. Or, maybe I somehow screwed it up. Whatever, folks can Google (or otherwise search) Dodge city + guns and find it) 
(10-12-2015, 08:43 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: N
(10-12-2015, 08:19 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

Say what? Of course I understood your point. And I agree, and posted the thing about "gun control in dodge city" to support your point. 

(I suspect the NYT links only work if one subscribes. Or, maybe I somehow screwed it up. Whatever, folks can Google (or otherwise search) Dodge city + guns and find it) 

That's kind of sad. Some of them were hurt and it's because some IDIOT let them fire a weapon that was way to big for them.
(10-12-2015, 10:56 AM)tvguy Wrote:

That's kind of sad. Some of them were hurt and it's because some IDIOT let them fire a weapon that was way to big for them.

Boy Howdy! (As Clone used to say) 
Another thing not often talked about in discussions about guns. For people who grow up in hunting families, usually there is an adult who gives instructions to the young ones when it's time. 
As these videos suggest, there are people out there who don't know how to respect the power of guns and of course can't provide good instructions of those they invite to go shooting. 
On the other hand, we have those who have been trained all too well and hit most of the marks they shoot at. 
Respect all things. but especially guns. 
(10-12-2015, 10:56 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Agreed!  There's all kinds of them out there!
The folks that put the guns into their hands are no better than the parent's that put guns in the hands of their mentally unstable, sick and twisted, children's hands.