So, There Is Water On Mars.
"They" tell us that not only is there water on Mars, but there is flowing water on Mars. 

I guess that's news. It might even be good news. I admire and support science, because real knowledge of the reality of all things is so vitally important to our understanding of reality and continued evolution. 

But really? With all the problems we have here on Mother Earth, wouldn't it seem prudent to spend our money here on the blue planet until we solve at least some of the problems that plague societies around the globe? 

Mars can wait. 
(09-29-2015, 07:46 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: "They" tell us that not only is there water on Mars, but there is flowing water on Mars. 

I guess that's news. It might even be good news. I admire and support science, because real knowledge of the reality of all things is so vitally important to our understanding of reality and continued evolution. 

But really? With all the problems we have here on Mother Earth, wouldn't it seem prudent to spend our money here on the blue planet until we solve at least some of the problems that plague societies around the globe? 

Mars can wait. 

That is one opinion.
(09-29-2015, 07:46 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: "They" tell us that not only is there water on Mars, but there is flowing water on Mars. 

Mars can wait. 

If there is water on Mars then they can brew beer on Mars. Have you considered that? 
(09-29-2015, 08:20 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

Mars can wait. 

If there is water on Mars then they can brew beer on Mars. Have you considered that? 

That's hilarious  Laughing   my first thought was the same..... If there's water, brewing can't be far behind!!
(09-29-2015, 08:34 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(09-29-2015, 08:20 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

Mars can wait. 

That's hilarious  Laughing   my first thought was the same..... If there's water, brewing can't be far behind!!

Well, THAT's different! Duh! Never considered that. OF COURSE we need to get to Mars, and as soon as possible. I wonder if there is enough "flowing water" to raise hops? (Beer without hops is just Coors)
Sometimes in the early part of the day I just get too damn serious. 
Onward and upward (outward, whatever) 

Mars can wait. 

People have been saying the same thing since Cape Kennedy was cape Canaveral. I don't agree.

You want to spend our money on problems that plague societies around the globe? From where I sit terrorists, Taliban, Isis, al qaeda are huge problems around the globe.
And I distinctly remember you downplaying that and wanting the USA to stay out of all that.
(09-29-2015, 10:54 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Mars can wait. 

People have been saying the same thing since Cape Kennedy was cape Canaveral. I don't agree.

You want to spend our money on problems that plague societies around the globe? From where I sit terrorists, Taliban, Isis, al qaeda are huge problems around the globe.
And I distinctly remember you downplaying that and wanting the USA to stay out of all that.

Holy mackerel It's true I said I didn't want to see U.S. Troops once again bleeding out in the sands of the god forsaken place. But, that doesn't translate to my endorsing the nut job "holy warriors" that are running roughshod over the region. Saudi Arabia and about five other nation states have huge armies that are setting on their butts while this tragedy is ramping up. Hell, it's THEIR neighborhood...let them be the first to send their young men out to die defending the poor souls who are being massacured. 

As to exploration: I think we should first spend money on getting a good look at our ocean floors and learn more about all the water that covers a great part of this globe.