I Have Been Talking to Some of You For Years
(10-05-2015, 07:47 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(10-05-2015, 07:31 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-05-2015, 06:35 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(10-05-2015, 05:46 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Anyone going to see the president in Roseburg Friday? 

It is my understanding that is no more welcome there than the Westboro Baptists.

I will BET, that he is SURROUNDED by protective GUNS.......

Certainly not from the sheriff.   Laughing

https://kobi5.com/news/regional-news/pro...tion-2286/

Are you really so dense as to not get the point?  I don't think so.

But the current talking points for the left is to vilify the Sheriff.

Carry on with your marching orders...

You are probably reading too much into my post. I'm just stating I don't think the Sheriff will be offering any hugs upon Obama's arrival.  Big Grin (Did he not refuse to enforce any federal gun laws he believed ran counter to the Second Amendment?)

As to the marching orders?  I don't "do" marching orders. I take in ALL information, process it, evaluate it, consider the source and come to my own conclusion. MOST of the time the answer is VERY close to the middle on any of these left/right issues.  
(10-05-2015, 08:14 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-05-2015, 07:47 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(10-05-2015, 07:31 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-05-2015, 06:35 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(10-05-2015, 05:46 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Anyone going to see the president in Roseburg Friday? 

It is my understanding that is no more welcome there than the Westboro Baptists.

I will BET, that he is SURROUNDED by protective GUNS.......

Certainly not from the sheriff.   Laughing

https://kobi5.com/news/regional-news/pro...tion-2286/

Are you really so dense as to not get the point?  I don't think so.

But the current talking points for the left is to vilify the Sheriff.

Carry on with your marching orders...

You are probably reading too much into my post. I'm just stating I don't think the Sheriff will be offering any hugs upon Obama's arrival.  Big Grin (Did he not refuse to enforce any federal gun laws he believed ran counter to the Second Amendment?)

As to the marching orders?  I don't "do" marching orders. I take in ALL information, process it, evaluate it, consider the source and come to my own conclusion. MOST of the time the answer is VERY close to the middle on any of these left/right issues.  

OK.. Tell me about the "middle" ground on a guaranteed right like the 2nd Amendment.
(10-05-2015, 08:30 PM)Hugo Wrote: OK.. Tell me about the "middle" ground on a guaranteed right like the 2nd Amendment.

I'm all for the 2nd amendment right for all law abiding citizens to bear arms, but I guess it doesn't state that does it. For non law abiding folks I'm a little more less tolerant. I'd be good if anyone that uses a gun for anything besides legal uses were "put down" on sight.  Big Grin 
(10-05-2015, 08:52 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-05-2015, 08:30 PM)Hugo Wrote: OK.. Tell me about the "middle" ground on a guaranteed right like the 2nd Amendment.

I'm all for the 2nd amendment right for all law abiding citizens to bear arms, but I guess it doesn't state that does it. For non law abiding folks I'm a little more less tolerant. I'd be good if anyone that uses a gun for anything besides legal uses were "put down" on sight.  Big Grin 

Federalize gun use in a crime.  States can have all the freedom they want, but a crime in which a gun is used is a minimum 5 year FEDERAL prison offense.

On a more realistic note....

As a Centrist I believe there should be a serious dialog between the pro gun folks and the anti gun folks with the pro gun LEADING the discussion. You must not want those that use guns in nefarious ways to jeopardize your right to use your guns legally as you see fit. 
(10-05-2015, 09:05 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

As a Centrist I believe there should be a serious dialog between the pro gun folks and the anti gun folks with the pro gun LEADING the discussion. You must not want those that use guns in nefarious ways to jeopardize your right to use your guns legally as you see fit. 

Did you read my last post?
(10-05-2015, 09:02 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(10-05-2015, 08:52 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Federalize gun use in a crime.  States can have all the freedom they want, but a crime in which a gun is used is a minimum 5 year FEDERAL prison offense.

Our jails and prisons have a revolving door for these local street terrorists. 5 years is not stopping or deterring anyone. Use a gun, you're done. Prison overcrowding an issue? Find other ways to punish non violent offenders. 
(10-05-2015, 09:12 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(10-05-2015, 09:05 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Did you read my last post?

I'm getting the kids to bed in between posts.  Laughing