Obama Coming To Roseburg On Friday
http://www.kezi.com/news/President_Obama...EZI_9_News

How many guns will he bring to protect HIMSELF?
I would love it if ALL of the families refused to see him.
(10-05-2015, 06:48 PM)Hugo Wrote: I would love it if ALL of the families refused to see him.

The man is the president of these United States of American (and of course also a politician). This is what presidents and politicians do. 
We don't have to like him, and we we are not obligated to vote for him. But the office of the president deserves some modicum of respect. 
By all means don't go to see or hear him. 
But to suggest that ALL of the families refuse to attend is arrogant and callous. Some will no doubt feel some degree of comfort knowing the president came to be present during their time of grief and suffering. 
Yes, he will talk about guns being a problem in our society. Deal with it. What he is bound to say won't change a thing. After all, he is only the president of the U.S.A, not of the NRA.  Razz
(10-05-2015, 06:47 PM)Hugo Wrote: http://www.kezi.com/news/President_Obama...EZI_9_News

How many do YOU need? 
(10-05-2015, 07:40 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-05-2015, 06:47 PM)Hugo Wrote: http://www.kezi.com/news/President_Obama...EZI_9_News

How many do YOU need? 

I think.... more than I have...

On the other hand.... I am not not the one trying to tell others that they DON'T need them, am I?
(10-05-2015, 06:48 PM)Hugo Wrote: I would love it if ALL of the families refused to see him.

There will be a large audience in attendence if he speaks to the public. I will go too.
(10-05-2015, 07:49 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

There will be a large audience in attendence. I might go too.  Smiling

Since I know what you look like, maybe I will see you there?
(10-05-2015, 07:51 PM)Hugo Wrote: L

Oh are you going too? 

I doubt I will be seated behind the president, so you may not see me if you just plan to watch TV news
I'm guessing Air Force 1 will land in Portland and Obama will motor to Roseburg in a Fiat 500.
I would like to see an exit poll from his "public" speech. How many are from Douglas County vs Multnomah.....?
(10-05-2015, 07:55 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(10-05-2015, 07:51 PM)Hugo Wrote: L

Oh are you going too? 

I doubt I will be seated behind the president, so you may not see me if you just plan to watch TV news

Sarcasm lost on you?
(10-05-2015, 08:11 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(10-05-2015, 07:55 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(10-05-2015, 07:51 PM)Hugo Wrote:

Oh are you going too? 

Sarcasm lost on you?

You suck at sarcasm. 

The first part of my post was also sarcasm and that was lost on you.

Depends, Are you going up to see him?
(10-05-2015, 08:25 PM)chuck white Wrote:

Depends, Are you going up to see him?

No, it does not "depend".  The man is heavily armed everywhere he goes.  And I am FOR that.  He IS the President.  It is simply hypocrisy for him to do that while trying to sell disarmament to the po' folk.
Hypocrisy: The President coming to Roseburg with a full armament of Secret Service and Military defense surrounding him, while trying to sell the need for society to disarm themselves.
Portland doesn't have a very good reputation for Presidential visits, regardless of the party they belong to. Roseburg couldn't be any worse.
(10-05-2015, 08:40 PM)Hugo Wrote: Hypocrisy: The President coming to Roseburg with a full armament of Secret Service and Military defense surrounding him, while trying to sell the need for society to disarm themselves.

I have never heard him say he wants to ban all guns. I have heard him say many times we need to have a discussion on how we can better keep those doing harm with guns from doing so. Again, the NRA or whoever need to start bringing some ideas to the discussion before the time for discussion has passed. 
We all know the real reason he's coming to visit, 7 grams of recreational.
(10-06-2015, 06:49 AM)GPnative Wrote: We all know the real reason he's coming to visit, 7 grams of recreational.

Laughing Well, he DOES have a history...
(10-05-2015, 08:40 PM)Hugo Wrote: Hypocrisy: The President coming to Roseburg with a full armament of Secret Service and Military defense surrounding him, while trying to sell the need for society to disarm themselves.

Perhaps ironic.
 The need for protection is due to the fact there are so many guns. If people will shoot students for no reason so would they a pope, political figure or even John Lennon.
He is not trying to disarm anyone and repeatedly said he believes in the second amendment.