Woman crashes into parade
4 are dead and eight people are in critical condition, nine have serious injuries and another 17 people have less serious injuries.  After a car crashes at the OSU homecoming parade.y You know after hearing about this and knowing m son was there (he is safe).  Here is the story http://kfor.com/2015/10/24/two-dead-and-...tillwater/  The woman was arrested for DUI.  All  politics aside please hug your family tonight and be thankful you made it home.  Not everyone is as lucky.
How tragic, Blondemom.
Drunk driving sucks.
Scary part is my son was there. He texted me that he was on his way to the parade. Then we got a text that he was fine. I called him to see what happened and he told me that someone drove through the crowd at the parade. He was dazed sounding. We hadn't received an alert to how bad it was till latter. It was bad. The girl was driving under the influence of something at 10:30 in the morning. This is crazy.
(10-24-2015, 08:15 PM)blondemom Wrote: Scary part is my son was there.  He texted me that he was on his way to the parade.  Then we got a text that he was fine.  I called him to see what happened and he told me that someone drove through the crowd at the parade.  He was dazed sounding.  We hadn't received an alert to how bad it was till latter.  It was bad.  The girl was driving under the influence of something at 10:30 in the morning.  This is crazy.

I've been reading a lot of early morning DUI stories in the papers here. Perhaps they are making their way home from all nighters? 
Somebody will blame pot
(10-25-2015, 07:35 PM)chuck white Wrote: Somebody will blame pot

Only if the blood test confirms it.  If so, why wouldn't "Somebody" blame Pot/Her?

If it's alcohol, i hope they blame Alcohol/Her.

If it's Heroin, i hope they blame Heroin/Her.

Agreed?
FYI Blondemom, this has been on our local news here in Oregon. 
(10-25-2015, 07:53 PM)Hugo Wrote:

Only if the blood test confirms it.  If so, why wouldn't "Somebody" blame Pot/Her?

Agreed?

And if they find caffeine, I hope they blame the coffee.

If they find sugar, I hope they blame the candy bar.

Agree ?

Agreed?

I can only assume Chuck was joking because that's what Chuck does almost all the time. Anyway what she did has absolutely nothing in common with pot smokers but fits the drunk as hell scenario perfectly.

Besides the story said she just got fired from her job. Who drowns their sorrows smoking weed?
(10-26-2015, 01:07 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Agreed?

I can only assume Chuck was joking because that's what Chuck does almost all the time. Anyway what she did has absolutely nothing in common with pot smokers but fits the drunk as hell scenario perfectly.

Besides the story said she just got fired from her job. Who drowns their sorrows smoking weed?

Her lawyer i claiming mental illness.ad saying she wanted to commit suicide.  You know my son saw the whole thing we was across the street from where it happened.  He and his friends had started out on that side and in that area when they found out a friend was on the other side of the street so they wet t stand over there.  He and his friends hoped she had a medical condition that caused this.  He can't wrap his mind around it that he did it on purpose.
Yep another lunatic. WE need to ban lunatics.

I wonder if anyone will want stricter controls on who we give drivers licenses to.
(10-27-2015, 10:27 AM)tvguy Wrote: Yep another lunatic. WE need to ban lunatics.

I wonder if anyone will want stricter controls on who we give drivers licenses to.

And next will be a test to control who can participate in public forums.  Sad
(10-27-2015, 10:57 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-27-2015, 10:27 AM)tvguy Wrote: Yep another lunatic. WE need to ban lunatics.

Well if you think about it we have had real bonafide loons here and sooner or later they were booted.
(10-27-2015, 12:07 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-27-2015, 10:57 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Well if you think about it we have had real bonafide loons here and sooner or later they were booted.
But they did make the place interesting.
Who can forget Jesus?
(10-27-2015, 03:44 AM)blondemom Wrote:

Agreed?

Her lawyer i claiming mental illness.ad saying she wanted to commit suicide.  You know my son saw the whole thing we was across the street from where it happened.  He and his friends had started out on that side and in that area when they found out a friend was on the other side of the street so they wet t stand over there.  He and his friends hoped she had a medical condition that caused this.  He can't wrap his mind around it that he did it on purpose.

If it was really that she wanted to commit suicide she should have gotten a gun and shot herself... then those that wanted to be alive would still be alive.
(10-27-2015, 01:37 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(10-27-2015, 03:44 AM)blondemom Wrote:

Agreed?

If it was really that she wanted to commit suicide she should have gotten a gun and shot herself... then those that wanted to be alive would still be alive.

No one wants to die alone.