The next Mass murder. guessing game.
(06-20-2016, 05:15 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-20-2016, 05:08 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(06-20-2016, 10:43 AM)Hugo Wrote:
(06-20-2016, 09:37 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 09:33 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Forget grammar for a minute. You always seem to return to word juggling when the term assault rifle is mentioned. Who cares what people call these rifles? Let's call them weapon A2. Weapon A2 is a military style firearm like the AK47, AR15, HK93 and similar guns. And yes, any gun is a tool, but since you can't possibly control what people do with them, you might make them a little harder to get for people that should not have access to them. 

It's an easy concept to me.

Of course. "Rounds per minute" may not be important in bringing down a Buck, but if your goal is to kill a bunch of people in a crowded place you want FIREPOWER. Assault that verb.

EVERY SINGLE SEMI AUTO WEAPON FIRES AT THE SAME "ROUNDS PER MINUTE".  How fast you pull the trigger.  So is it your argument to ban ALL SEMI automatic weapons?

Also, I will repeat what I asked Cletus.  My 30-06 has twice the "power" of a .223 AR-15 or equivalent.  My 7mm has even MORE "power" that the 30-06.  Neither are considered "assault" because the have a wood stock and aren't "black and scary"?

Maybe you should stick to criticizing thing you have actual knowledge about, like obscure books.

So why do these nut jobs always use AR-15 type guns with lots of bullets? FIREPOWER! Your 30-06 may pack a bigger punch but you'd wear yourself out reloading.  Laughing

That's a good point Wonky I though the same thing about his hunting guns. They are probably't bolt action.

Actually the nut jobs don't always AR- 15 type guns. The use pistols more often but it's true they like the AR's and large magazines.

I thought you of all people weren't QUITE as ignorant as the others.  All hunting rifle calibers are available in semi auto.
(06-20-2016, 05:51 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(06-20-2016, 09:37 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Of course. "Rounds per minute" may not be important in bringing down a Buck, but if your goal is to kill a bunch of people in a crowded place you want FIREPOWER. Assault that verb.

EVERY SINGLE SEMI AUTO WEAPON FIRES AT THE SAME "ROUNDS PER MINUTE".  How fast you pull the trigger.  So is it your argument to ban ALL SEMI automatic weapons?

Also, I will repeat what I asked Cletus.  My 30-06 has twice the "power" of a .223 AR-15 or equivalent.  My 7mm has even MORE "power" that the 30-06.  Neither are considered "assault" because the have a wood stock and aren't "black and scary"?

Maybe you should stick to criticizing thing you have actual knowledge about, like obscure books.

So why do these nut jobs always use AR-15 type guns with lots of bullets? FIREPOWER! Your 30-06 may pack a bigger punch but you'd wear yourself out reloading.  Laughing

That's a good point Wonky I though the same thing about his hunting guns. They are probably't bolt action.

Actually the nut jobs don't always AR- 15 type guns. The use pistols more often but it's true they like the AR's and large magazines.

I thought you of all people weren't QUITE as ignorant as the others.  All hunting rifle calibers are available in semi auto.

Do they all come with 30 or 100 round clips?

Razz Yes, I know it's called a magazine. Just wanted to see who twitches first.   Smiling
(06-20-2016, 06:47 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(06-20-2016, 10:43 AM)Hugo Wrote: EVERY SINGLE SEMI AUTO WEAPON FIRES AT THE SAME "ROUNDS PER MINUTE".  How fast you pull the trigger.  So is it your argument to ban ALL SEMI automatic weapons?

Razz Yes, I know it's called a magazine. Just wanted to see who twitches first.   Smiling

Available, yes.  In any caliber, at least 25 round capacity.

So tell the truth.  You want mass confiscation.  Period.  Hell, cletus admitted it about a year ago, then denied he said it even when confronted with his own words.
(06-20-2016, 06:59 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(06-20-2016, 05:08 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: So why do these nut jobs always use AR-15 type guns with lots of bullets? FIREPOWER! Your 30-06 may pack a bigger punch but you'd wear yourself out reloading.  Laughing

So tell the truth.  You want mass confiscation.  Period.  Hell, cletus admitted it about a year ago, then denied he said it even when confronted with his own words.

You want me to "tell the truth" and then you speak for me?? You have too many voices in your head.

I'll use small words for you. I have never advocated "mass confiscation" here or anywhere else. Ever.

Sorry, advocate = to speak or write in favor of; support or urge by argument; recommend publicly:
(06-20-2016, 07:09 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(06-20-2016, 05:15 PM)tvguy Wrote: That's a good point Wonky I though the same thing about his hunting guns. They are probably't bolt action.

You want me to "tell the truth" and then you speak for me?? You have too many voices in your head.

I'll use small words for you. I have never advocated "mass confiscation" here or anywhere else. Ever.

Sorry, advocate = to speak or write in favor of; support or urge by argument; recommend publicly:

So go ahead and enlighten me.  Draw YOUR line.  WHAT gun control level DO you advocate?
(06-20-2016, 09:37 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Of course. "Rounds per minute" may not be important in bringing down a Buck, but if your goal is to kill a bunch of people in a crowded place you want FIREPOWER. Assault that verb.

I thought you of all people weren't QUITE as ignorant as the others.

OK let me reaffirm your position LOL

Show me where I said their weren't semi auto hunting rifles? I just jokingly said yours are probably bolt action.

Because aren't most?? Here is a site talking about the 10 most popular hand guns. It looks to me like only one out of 10 is a semi auto.

Nevertheless your point that many hunting rifles are semi auto..Do have high capacity magazine available. And are more powerful then the famous AR's ... is a good point that people need to realize.

http://www.outdoorlife.com/sites/outdoor...k=LDT-MoDN
(06-20-2016, 07:19 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(06-20-2016, 07:09 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(06-20-2016, 05:51 PM)Hugo Wrote: I thought you of all people weren't QUITE as ignorant as the others.  All hunting rifle calibers are available in semi auto.

So go ahead and enlighten me.  Draw YOUR line.  WHAT gun control level DO you advocate?

So far, I haven't advocated any. I think I would not be in favor of allowing felons to regain gun ownership rights. At least in the majority of instances.

Your turn. Draw your line.
(06-20-2016, 05:50 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(06-20-2016, 09:37 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 09:33 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Forget grammar for a minute. You always seem to return to word juggling when the term assault rifle is mentioned. Who cares what people call these rifles? Let's call them weapon A2. Weapon A2 is a military style firearm like the AK47, AR15, HK93 and similar guns. And yes, any gun is a tool, but since you can't possibly control what people do with them, you might make them a little harder to get for people that should not have access to them. 

It's an easy concept to me.

Of course. "Rounds per minute" may not be important in bringing down a Buck, but if your goal is to kill a bunch of people in a crowded place you want FIREPOWER. Assault that verb.

I COULD have a 25 round clip for a 30-06  or 7mm tomorrow.  You are drowning here.

Didn't know that.  Embarrassed 
Guess if a guy can't hit shit, he needs lots of bullets to bring home the meat.
(06-21-2016, 06:20 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(06-20-2016, 05:50 PM)Hugo Wrote:

I COULD have a 25 round clip for a 30-06  or 7mm tomorrow.  You are drowning here.

Didn't know that.  Embarrassed 
Guess if a guy can't hit shit, he needs lots of bullets to bring home the meat.

Don't listen to him Wonky. He don't know shit. He said clip.

I know because that's what another gun nut told me.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=30+...ajaxhist=0
Quote:OLYMPIA, Wash. -- Three people were killed in a shooting early Wednesday in northeast Thurston County.
According to Thurston County sheriff's deputies, four people were shot around 5 a.m. in the 500 block of Dutterow Rd SE. Three of them died, another person was injured.
Chief Dave Pearsall said a man called 911 and said he had just been shot and his friends were dead. Deputies responded and found the injured man in the driveway. Medics transported him to the hospital.

http://q13fox.com/2016/06/22/three-dead-...-shooting/
Quote:LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WHAS11) – Two people are dead after a shootout on the 2800 Rodman Street.

The shooting happened shortly after 10 P.M.  Police arrived at the scene just blocks away from Churchill Downs and found four people inside of an apartment, according to LMPD PIO Alicia Smiley. Two men, believed to be in their twenties, were pronounced dead at the scene.

http://www.whas11.com/news/crime/2-dead-.../251763820
OK so it looks like drug shooting in Washington.

Quote:After receiving search warrants, detectives said they found a half-pound of methamphetamine in the trailer along with six guns and cash from a trailer.

Investigators also were seen removing what appeared to be an Army Kevlar vest, a shotgun and a crossbow from a vehicle parked in the property’s backyard.

http://www.king5.com/news/crime/3-dead-i.../252302880
(06-22-2016, 09:05 PM)chuck white Wrote: OK so it looks like drug shooting in Washington.

Quote:After receiving search warrants, detectives said they found a half-pound of methamphetamine in the trailer along with six guns and cash from a trailer.

Investigators also were seen removing what appeared to be an Army Kevlar vest, a shotgun and a crossbow from a vehicle parked in the property’s backyard.

http://www.king5.com/news/crime/3-dead-i.../252302880

I'm not sure, but I think the 2nd amendment gives us the right to carry crossbows. But not baseball bats. The wording is SO difficult to parse.
Our next mass murder is right here in Oregon

Quote:Three people are dead and another is in critical condition after a shooting Monday morning at a Marion County blueberry farm, deputies said.
Officers found two men dead when they arrived at the scene around 11:20 a.m., said Lt. Chris Baldridge, a Marion County Sheriff's Office spokesman. A woman was taken to Legacy Emanuel Medical Center and died of her injuries. A man is in critical condition at OHSU Hospital.
Oregon State Police arrested the suspected shooter without incident on Interstate 84 east of Portland around 1:25 p.m., Baldridge said. Deputies broadcasted a description of the suspected shooter and his car to area police agencies,

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northw...ctims.html

My guess is a drug deal gone bad.
(06-27-2016, 05:00 PM)chuck white Wrote: Our next mass murder is right here in Oregon

Quote:Three people are dead and another is in critical condition after a shooting Monday morning at a Marion County blueberry farm, deputies said.
Officers found two men dead when they arrived at the scene around 11:20 a.m., said Lt. Chris Baldridge, a Marion County Sheriff's Office spokesman. A woman was taken to Legacy Emanuel Medical Center and died of her injuries. A man is in critical condition at OHSU Hospital.
Oregon State Police arrested the suspected shooter without incident on Interstate 84 east of Portland around 1:25 p.m., Baldridge said. Deputies broadcasted a description of the suspected shooter and his car to area police agencies,

It could also easily be over a woman.
(06-28-2016, 12:27 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-27-2016, 05:00 PM)chuck white Wrote: Our next mass murder is right here in Oregon

Or a dog.
Or a fence.
Or weeds on the property line.
Or music too loud.

We don't have too many guns. We don't even have too many of the wrong kind of guns. We may not have too many bullets. 

But something, somewhere, is haywire in this country. Far too many people are getting shot. 

No: I don't know how to solve the problem. 

But it's high time we wake up to the fact that we do have a problem and find a way to have a national discussion about it that doesn't push everyones buttons past the point of being able to interact.
(06-28-2016, 02:01 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Or a dog.
Or a fence.
Or music too loud.

We don't have too many guns. We don't even have too many of the wrong kind of guns. We may not have too many bullets. 

But something, somewhere, is haywire in this country. Far too many people are getting shot. 

But it's high time we wake up to the fact that we do have a problem and find a way to have a national discussion about it that doesn't push everyones buttons past the point of being able to interact.
I hear that a lot. That we need to have a discussion about "IT"

I don't quite get it. What in the whole wide world is there to discuss that hasn't been discussed to death?

What is there OTHER than some kind of gun ban that is going to slow or stop mass killings? The only other thing is stricter control over who is allowed to get a gun.
BUT! MOST of the time these mass killings are done with legally purchased guns.

The simple answer to solve this dilemma is that there is no answer.
(06-28-2016, 02:56 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Or a dog.
Or a fence.
Or music too loud.

I don't quite get it. What in the whole wide world is there to discuss that hasn't been discussed to death?

What is there OTHER than some kind of gun ban that is going to slow or stop mass killings? The only other thing is stricter control over who is allowed to get a gun.

OK, then we need to change the discussion.

I say everybody gets fitted with a shock collar that is triggered by angry feelings. It's almost  guaranteed to escalate the anger exponentially but it will give them something else to focus on then what ever pissed them off originally.

It works in theory. Really.

I suggest we test it out on orygunluvr.... So, who's going to hold him down??   Big Grin
(06-28-2016, 05:53 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(06-28-2016, 02:56 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Or a dog.
Or a fence.
Or music too loud.

OK, then we need to change the discussion.

I say everybody gets fitted with a shock collar that is triggered by angry feelings. It's almost  guaranteed to escalate the anger exponentially but it will give them something else to focus on then what ever pissed them off originally.

It works in theory. Really.

I suggest we test it out on orygunluvr.... So, who's going to hold him down??   Big Grin

I would have to take it off when I drive.