The next Mass murder. guessing game.
Ok, let guess on the next mass murder.

My guess is some redneck, cable guy on prosaic, shooting up a mosque.
(12-03-2015, 10:51 PM)chuck white Wrote: Ok, let guess on the next mass murder.

Is orygunluvr a cable guy? 
(12-03-2015, 10:51 PM)chuck white Wrote: Ok, let guess on the next mass murder.

I too have problems with spelling and even when I can spell it I all too often bang on the wrong keys and print the wrong word. 
Sometimes it's almost Freudian. 

Above: prosaic:

prosaic |prōˈzāik|adjectivehaving the style or diction of prose; lacking poetic beauty: prosaic language can't convey the experience.• commonplace; unromantic: the masses were too preoccupied by prosaic day-to-day concerns.

I wouldn't venture a guess when the next mass shooting will occur. Or by whom. We know the odds are very good it will be done with bullets fired from a weapon with a big magazine. We seem to be entering (or have entered) a new phase in the human condition where angry people feel isolated from the society at large and the rage they feel is expressed with firepower. 

Maybe Prozac is the answer. Maybe we all need to be dumbed down to the point of drifting through the "commonplace" of prosaic as suggested. 

The climate on our planet has changed several (many?) times, but never when it directly effected billions of humans. We have seen the changes of civilizations, the dark ages, the age of enlightenment, the industrial revolution, and now the information age. But never before have we been elbow to elbow (so to speak) and crowded in this "flat earth", as Tom Friedman suggests. 

Where next, and by whom? Sooner than later, and by someone feeling isolated, deranged, drugged, or radicalized, and almost certainly with a gun fitted with a huge clip. And maybe a bomb or two. But that's only a wild guess and I don't really have a clue. 

As Kurt Vonnegut warned us, "Welcome to the monkey house". 
January, light deprivation.
Later tonight, in Chicago, but it will go un reported. Again.
(12-04-2015, 05:11 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: Later tonight, in Chicago, but it will go un reported.  Again.

No. A mass murder in Chicago won't go unreported. 

There are some neighborhoods in Chicago that are plagued with frequent shootings and murders. Gang life is violent and brutal. 

Mass murders are reported. And reported and reported. All to often we learn little if anything after the first couple of days after the event. It's becoming almost like reality TV. 

To equate gang shootings in Chicago (or any other inner city with gang violence) is ridiculous. 
Quote:The rampage that claimed at least 14 lives in San Bernardino, Calif., isn't today's first mass shooting. Here’s news you probably missed: A gunman in Savannah, Ga., shot four people early Wednesday, killing a woman and injuring three men.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk...ed-states/
It's interesting how  people want to view it.
(12-05-2015, 12:43 AM)Tiamat Wrote: It's interesting how  people want to view it.
Exactly.
(12-05-2015, 02:41 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(12-05-2015, 12:43 AM)Tiamat Wrote: It's interesting how  people want to view it.
Exactly.

Color me unaware and dull. I don't understand the two comments above. I'm just bright enough to read the words, but don't see any meaning expressing an opinion or information.  Wink
(12-05-2015, 08:13 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
Exactly.

Color me unaware and dull. I don't understand the two comments above. I'm just bright enough to read the words, but don't see any meaning expressing an opinion or information.  Wink

Why?
(12-05-2015, 09:26 AM)Jeep Wrote:
Exactly.

Why?
Why what? 
Exactly.

Actually, Wonky I did post that intentionally obscure. Because I wasn't sure if I wanted to start a shit storm. So,  you can legitimately tell me I'm posting obscure here.
(12-05-2015, 11:15 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
Exactly.

Actually, Wonky I did post that intentionally obscure. Because I wasn't sure if I wanted to start a shit storm. So,  you can legitimately tell me I'm posting obscure here.

And the good news is we can do that! No rules here. It's easy enough for me to now just skip on by and know that you wanted to express a vague thought without stirring up "a shit storm". I get that. I was just curious. (And yes, I know what happened to the cat)
(12-05-2015, 11:53 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
Exactly.

And the good news is we can do that! No rules here. It's easy enough for me to now just skip on by and know that you wanted to express a vague thought without stirring up "a shit storm". I get that. I was just curious. (And yes, I know what happened to the cat)
What cat?
(12-05-2015, 12:08 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(12-05-2015, 02:41 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Exactly.

What cat?

I'm told "curiosity killed the cat". 
(12-04-2015, 06:09 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-04-2015, 05:11 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: Later tonight, in Chicago, but it will go un reported.  Again.

There are some neighborhoods in Chicago that are plagued with frequent shootings and murders. Gang life is violent and brutal. 

Mass murders are reported. And reported and reported. All to often we learn little if anything after the first couple of days after the event. It's becoming almost like reality TV. 

To equate gang shootings in Chicago (or any other inner city with gang violence) is ridiculous. 

What?
(12-05-2015, 12:20 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-05-2015, 08:13 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Color me unaware and dull. I don't understand the two comments above. I'm just bright enough to read the words, but don't see any meaning expressing an opinion or information.  Wink

What cat?

I thought the cat was both dead and alive.
(12-05-2015, 04:15 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(12-05-2015, 12:20 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-05-2015, 11:15 AM)Tiamat Wrote: Actually, Wonky I did post that intentionally obscure. Because I wasn't sure if I wanted to start a shit storm. So,  you can legitimately tell me I'm posting obscure here.

What cat?

I thought the cat was both dead and alive.

Only when it's in the box.
(12-05-2015, 01:17 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-04-2015, 06:09 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

What?

Thanks TVg. Wow, do I need an editor or what?

My intention was to say that there is a word of difference between gang violence and "mass killings", as I think was suggested.