The next Mass murder. guessing game.
(12-04-2015, 06:09 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-04-2015, 05:11 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: Later tonight, in Chicago, but it will go un reported.  Again.

No. A mass murder in Chicago won't go unreported. 

There are some neighborhoods in Chicago that are plagued with frequent shootings and murders. Gang life is violent and brutal. 

Mass murders are reported. And reported and reported. All to often we learn little if anything after the first couple of days after the event. It's becoming almost like reality TV. 

To equate gang shootings in Chicago (or any other inner city with gang violence) is ridiculous. 

Some lives matter more than others.

Got it.
(12-05-2015, 08:04 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(12-04-2015, 05:11 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: Later tonight, in Chicago, but it will go un reported.  Again.

There are some neighborhoods in Chicago that are plagued with frequent shootings and murders. Gang life is violent and brutal. 

Mass murders are reported. And reported and reported. All to often we learn little if anything after the first couple of days after the event. It's becoming almost like reality TV. 

To equate gang shootings in Chicago (or any other inner city with gang violence) is ridiculous. 

Got it.

First of all...as TVg pointed out I screwed up that last line in my post big time! I (of course) meant to say that gang shootings in inner cities can't be compared to "mass shootings" (the tone of this Topic).

As to your comment in reply, however you read it:

Simplistic. 
And the results are in.

Quote:HOUSTON -- Police are investigating after a 13-year-old girl was killed and two others were injured in an apparent drive-by shooting Saturday night in southwest Houston.

The incident happened around 10 p.m. Saturday at a home in the 1200 block of Ashford River near Winding Creek View in southwest Houston.
Police say a group of juveniles were outside in the front law of the home, getting ready to go to the movies when a small, gray four-door car with four men inside drove by and fired shots into the group.

http://www.khou.com/story/news/crime/201.../76878666/

Chicago isn't Houston, but a close call on inner city violence.
(12-05-2015, 08:04 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:

Got it.

No actually you didn't get it.  Mass shootings done my mental cases who shoot kindergartners or innocent people watching a movie or at a church. Are not the same as mass shootings where rival gangs are in a gun battle or robberies.

Either way people are dead but what motivated these crimes is totally different.
Quote:
Quote:Man evicted from homeless shelter shoots 2, 1 dead

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/3533b783e...s-2-1-dead

OK, everybody, who guess 'mentally ill homeless guy', wins this round.

My next guess is, a inner city gang member.
(01-17-2016, 12:38 PM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:

One dead is a mass murder?
(01-17-2016, 02:43 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-17-2016, 12:38 PM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:

One dead is a mass murder?
Your right, this one goes down as a mass shooting.

And we can still hope.
Quote:Within hours of the Kansas shooting that ended with four people dead and 14 wounded, a man in Washington State gunned down four people in his home. The local sheriff’s office is calling the mass shooting a “family-domestic situation.”

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2016/02...five-dead/
Quote:ORLANDO, Fla. - A gunman wielding an assault-type rifle and a handgun took hostages and opened fire inside a crowded Florida nightclub, killing approximately 20 people and wounding 42 others before dying in a gunfight with SWAT officers, police said Sunday.

Police Chief John Mina also said the shooter had some sort of "suspicious device." He said the suspect exchanged gunfire with an officer working at the club around 2 a.m., then went back inside and took hostages.
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/orlando-police...html?nhp=1
(06-12-2016, 05:59 AM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:ORLANDO, Fla. - A gunman wielding an assault-type rifle and a handgun took hostages and opened fire inside a crowded Florida nightclub, killing approximately 20 people and wounding 42 others before dying in a gunfight with SWAT officers, police said Sunday.

Police Chief John Mina also said the shooter had some sort of "suspicious device." He said the suspect exchanged gunfire with an officer working at the club around 2 a.m., then went back inside and took hostages.
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/orlando-police...html?nhp=1

It is nightclub that caters to the LBGT community. Reporters are suggesting that the shooter was a radical Muslim terrorist. 

Chuck, Yahoo sucks.  Smiling
It will be interesting to discover how those guns conspired to turn that nice Muslim boy into a terrorist. 

"He is as much a victim of gun violence as the other victims".  Future Hillary quote.
They raised the death count from 20 to 50. It a massacre by all accounts.

And why are we discussing this horrific crime in the lounge sub forum? I think I will start a thread in the news section.
(06-12-2016, 07:56 AM)cletus1 Wrote: They raised the death count from 20 to 50. It a massacre by all accounts.
"Guns don't kill people..."

But people with guns kill people and it seems to be the preferred weapon of choice. This nut could have done the job with a bomb. He didn't. It appears that nut-jobs think of guns as their weapons of choice. I'm not in favor of "gun control" but wonder if there is some kind of restriction to keep this kind of thing from happening. Maybe not. But something has changed: 50 years ago guns were common and found in many households. It's tempting to suggest that more than a "gun problem" we have a societal problem. 

Now what?
Maybe the next mass killing, will be a gay guy shooting up a straight bar in retaliation.
Quote:2 dead in shooting at Shorty’s Bar in Warren Township, Ohio

The shooting happened just before 12:30 p.m. on Saturday when gunfire erupted at Shorty's Bar off Highland Avenue. Two people were pronounced dead and four others were injured, of whom three were taken to hospital. There was no word on their conditions.

According to initial reports, the shooting involved two local biker groups that are known as FTW and Brother's Regime. It happened in the parking lot of Shorty's Bar, though there was no word on what may have led to the shooting or how many shooters were involved.

http://bnonews.com/news/index.php/news/id4614
(06-12-2016, 08:07 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(06-12-2016, 07:56 AM)cletus1 Wrote: They raised the death count from 20 to 50. It a massacre by all accounts.

But people with guns kill people

to be more accurate, sometimes people use guns to kill.

Your way insinuates EVERYONE WITH A GUN KILLS PEOPLE.

But you knew that.
Quote:Full moon before summer solstice 'could spark madness and mass shootings'

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/6808...-shootings
(06-18-2016, 09:01 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(06-12-2016, 08:07 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

But people with guns kill people

to be more accurate, sometimes people use guns to kill.

Your way insinuates EVERYONE WITH A GUN KILLS PEOPLE.

But you knew that.

No, I don't think it "insinuates EVERYONE WITH A GUN KILLS PEOPLE". In fact I never considered it did until you said that. I don't think many people would. That's just silly.
The right to bear arms was written into the constitution when guns were black powder muskets. I totally support people being able to own as many of those kind of guns as they may want. 

Who knows what the future will bring? The ray guns of science fiction may become a reality. Would you gun rights folks support anyone being able to own a combination laser/sonic disrupter gun able to kill a room full of people with one pull of a trigger?
I'd be happy with you using a quill, inkwell and parchment to convey your message too, because that's what they had when the 1st was written. The whole musket argument is ludicrous.