Simon Hare - Arrested
So when he left the strip club, did that leave them Hareless ?
(12-14-2015, 10:24 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(12-14-2015, 10:07 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(12-14-2015, 02:49 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-14-2015, 01:06 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
Quote:"I recognize the use of alcohol causes me to make poor decisions."

Ya think?!?!  Blink

On a side note... it doesn't really matter WHERE he was getting schlarmbagged... just that he drove while schlarmbagged.  Seriously... who hasn't been to a strip joint?!?! 

Um yes, It matters when you are an elected public official.

And he has always been backed by the churches as I recall.

I already said: "There ya have it!  He says it won't impact his ability to do his job as a Commissioner... but I wonder if it will impact his ability to get the votes next time around?!?!"

That said... my personal feeling is that WHERE he got drunk isn't the issue.  

The fact that he has always been backed by the churches makes it pretty evident IF YOU HAVE A BRAIN that just being in a strip club alone is indeed an issue.
Was he dancing or watching?
(12-15-2015, 06:15 PM)ychuck white Wrote: Was he dancing or watching?

I doubt he remembers but you could ask him how many dollar bills they found on him or in his butt crack.
(12-15-2015, 06:53 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-15-2015, 06:15 PM)ychuck white Wrote: Was he dancing or watching?

I doubt he remembers but you could ask him how many dollar bills they found on him or in his butt crack.

That is why you should never put money in your mouth.
Laughing

Probably more coins then bills.
The Mail Tribune offered up their opinion today, hard to disagree with their assessment.

December 16. 2015 12:01AM
Our View: Josephine commissioner has more explaining to do

Josephine County Commissioner Simon Hare apparently thinks he has said enough regarding his recent arrest for driving under the influence. He should think again.

Hare was arrested last Thursday night in Eugene after a police officer narrowly avoided hitting him after Hare pulled out of the driveway of a strip club. The ensuing traffic stop for reckless driving quickly became a DUII investigation and Hare spent several hours in the Lane County Jail before being released.

Hare released a statement Monday reporting his arrest. The statement said, "I recognize the use of aocohol causes me to make poor decisions. I am therefore entering an outpatient treatment/diversion program for the better part of a year."

He thanked his "family, friends and community in advance" for their support while he deals with what he called "this very personal issue."

Hare's statement then declared the incident does not affect his ability to do his job as a commissioner, and declared he would not grant any further interviews on the topic.

If this was Hare's first incident involving alcohol, we might be inclined to say he should be allowed to wrestle with his demons in relative privacy. But it wasn't.

A year ago, Hare picked up a cellphone in a bar that he thought belonged to a friend, and sent suggestive text messages as a prank; the phone belonged to a woman he did not know, and the messages went to her 18-year-old daughter and 21-year-old niece. The woman's husband said Hare was visibly intoxicated and became belligerent when confronted.

In 2013, Hare reported his vehicle stolen overnight in Grants Pass after he had been drinking. A Medford police officer who investigated concluded Hare had filed a false report, but did not have enough evidence to file charges.

Hare apparently expects the public to take his word that his drinking doesn't affect his ability to do his job.

If he told a private sector employer he had a substance abuse problem and asked for help, the employer would be obligated to offer him assistance, but would not be required to let Hare decide whether his drinking affected his work.

As an elected official, Hare's employer is the public he represents. The voters of Josephine County deserve more than his thanks in advance for their support and his assurance that he's still fit for duty.
He should get off the booze and come down to Jackson County and buy pot.
The Daily Courier Editorial Board is now weighing in:

Commissioner runs out of second chances

Three strikes and you should be out.

Josephine County Commissioner Simon Hare can no longer be effective in the position to which he was elected, after his third embarrassing alcohol-fueled incident in just five years in public office.

Hare was arrested last Thursday night in Eugene on a charge of drunken driving. Because he spent the night and much of the next day in the Lane County Jail, he missed a meeting of the Association of O&C Counties — the reason he was in Eugene to begin with.

According to information from the Eugene Police Department, Hare was pulling out of the parking lot of a strip club in west Eugene and nearly collided with a police patrol car. Do these lurid details matter? They shouldn't. After all, when we elect a county commissioner, we are not electing a pope or any other type of moral leader. However, it is a nice bonus when our elected officials have a strong moral compass.

According to a statement Hare issued on Monday, "This incident does not impact my ability to perform my duties as Josephine County commissioner, nor does it affect my commitment to our community."

Without doubt, there are many who would disagree with this statement. Given his past transgressions, those who were already inclined to criticize the commissioner will likely be joined by many others. This incident will dog him for the remainder of his term.

More disturbing is the pattern here, as well as previous statements from Hare that make one wonder about his willingness to be less than honest for the sake of political expediency.

In 2013, Hare reported his car had been stolen, even though it was found a short time later, abandoned not far from his residence. Because of concerns about a conflict of interest, the investigation was handled by the Medford Police Department, which indicated Hare had been drinking that night and that he may well have filed a false police report. The case was never prosecuted.
In 2014, while at a local tavern he used another person's cellphone to send lewd text messages. He claimed it was all a mixup and that he thought the phone belonged to a friend. It didn't. It belonged to a woman he barely knew and those lewd messages went to the woman's 18-year-old daughter and 21-year-old niece. Hare tried to dismiss it as an innocent prank gone awry, but it certainly left lingering doubts about his judgment.

Neither of these two incidents involved criminal charges. But most people would have recognized they got lucky and would have made changes in order to avoid future embarrassments. Hare apparently didn't learn a lesson from these incidents, so who knows whether last week's incident in Eugene will have a long-term impact on his off-duty behavior.

About a year after the missing-car incident, Hare ran for a second term on the Josephine County Board of Commissioners. Hare is a hard worker who masters the intricate policy details of his job. For this reason, the Daily Courier's editorial board gave him the benefit of the doubt and endorsed his candidacy — even though the newspaper had endorsed his opponent four years earlier. The text-messaging incident happened just weeks after he won election to a second term, and if it had happened prior to election day he might not even be in office right now.

When Hare was pulled over last week in Eugene, he refused to take a breathalyzer test — once again exhibiting the hubris that seems to be at the root of his personal problems. Because, it would seem, he did not learn from his previous mistakes, there is reason to doubt he will learn from this one.

Simon Hare should resign from the Josephine County Board of Commissioners.

———

This editorial represents the opinion of the Daily Courier editorial board, which includes the newspaper's president, publisher and editor. Therefore, it is not signed by an individual, as is the newspaper's usual policy.

Ya think?!?!  Blink

On a side note... it doesn't really matter WHERE he was getting schlarmbagged... just that he drove while schlarmbagged.  Seriously... who hasn't been to a strip joint?!?! 

When it comes to alcohol when sCrapper speaks people listen.  She knows what she is talking about.  As she famously stated earlier this year "I'm not as think as you drunk I am". LOL
(12-21-2015, 10:14 AM)SFLiberal Wrote:

Ya think?!?!  Blink

When it comes to alcohol when sCrapper speaks people listen.  She knows what she is talking about.  As she famously stated earlier this year "I'm not as think as you drunk I am". LOL
Oh ouch.
http://www.kdrv.com/news/Residents_Attem...wsWatch_12

Quote:Residents Attempt to Recall Josephine County Commissioner

By Julia Moore Dec. 30, 2015

[Image: hare1.JPG]
GRANTS PASS, Ore. -- People are coming together to recall Josephine County commissioner Simon Hare.

A Facebook page has been created called “Citizens to Recall Simon Hare.” Organizers have started a petition and are trying to get 7,000 signatures by late March. They say that Hare is not fit to be on the board after his arrest for DUII in Eugene earlier this month. 

But other people say that Hare has done a lot for the commission.

Hare’s attorney released this statement Wednesday afternoon:

In response to media inquiries regarding the Recall Petition that has been filed, I am issuing this release on behalf of Simon.

Simon has no intention of contesting the charges filed in Eugene.  As you are aware, my office has advised Simon to remain silent until the conclusion of the process. 

Simon knows that he works for the People of Josephine County.  And with that said, Simon’s work as a County Commissioner speaks for itself.  He is a dedicated and hardworking public servant who is grateful to be able to serve the people of his community having been elected twice.  As such, Simon intends to fulfill the remainder of his term of office on the Josephine County Commission. 
Without commenting on Hare's blunders, I'd like to make the observation that Jo County seems to have almost as many recall elections as they do regular  elections. Maybe they should just schedule them in alternating years. Might save money.
(12-30-2015, 09:03 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Without commenting on Hare's blunders, I'd like to make the observation that Jo County seems to have almost as many recall elections as they do regular  elections. Maybe they should just schedule them in alternating years. Might save money.

Maybe summertime Mark will take his spot.

Laughing
(12-30-2015, 10:19 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(12-30-2015, 09:03 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Without commenting on Hare's blunders, I'd like to make the observation that Jo County seems to have almost as many recall elections as they do regular  elections. Maybe they should just schedule them in alternating years. Might save money.

Maybe summertime Mark will take his spot.

Laughing
I'd like to make the observation that Jo County seems to have almost as many recall elections as they do regular  elections
Too many brain dead hippies that are never content with anyone or anything who are wanna be politicians.
Think Seigleberg. Gold Hill used to be the same way, Maybe it still is. Hell they even had a dope smoking Judge who loved to perform weddings and party his ass off.

I'm not a prude and I usually can see odd humor. But when the Judge should have said.. you may now kiss the bride he instead said you may now swap spit... All I could think of was how low class can you get .