Get your drone license while they are free
If you register for a drone license before the first , they are free.

https://registermyuas.faa.gov/

Now here is some details.
They charge you $5, but if you register before 1-1-2016, they will reimburse you.
They are good for three years.
you don't need to own a drone to register. (I might buy one in the next 3 years so I went ahead and registered)

You have to create a account first, they will sent a e-mail link to click on to complete your account. then log in and fill out registration  form, give them a credit card number and they give you a Number.

I encourage everyone to get their license. (before the first)
(12-21-2015, 05:46 PM)chuck white Wrote: If you register for a drone license before the first , they are free.

They charge you $5, but if you register before 1-1-2016, they will reimburse you.
you don't need to own a drone to register. (I might buy one in the next 3 years so I went ahead and registered)

You have to create a account first, they will sent a e-mail link to click on to complete your account. then log in and fill out registration  form, give them a credit card number and they give you a Number.

"everyone" lol.  
(12-22-2015, 04:23 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-21-2015, 05:46 PM)chuck white Wrote: If you register for a drone license before the first , they are free.

"everyone" lol.  
I meant 'yall'
Well, the wife got one two.
I told her she had to start calling me captain, Seeing how I is, a registered drone pilot.
She wasn't going for that, so now I call her 'cap'.
Well, some update.

They never gave me back my $5. The FAA are crooks.

Now my friend just paid 6 times that for a 5 year license.

Now the bastards voided them all.

Kiss that money off.

Quote:
An appeals court on Friday struck down a Federal Aviation Administration rule that required owners of drones used for recreation to register their craft.
The ruling was a victory for hobbyists and a setback for the FAA, which cited safety concerns as it tried to tighten regulation of the fast-growing army of drone operators.
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-dr...story.html
(05-19-2017, 10:31 PM)chuck white Wrote: Well, some update.

Kiss that money off.

Quote:
An appeals court on Friday struck down a Federal Aviation Administration rule that required owners of drones used for recreation to register their craft.
The ruling was a victory for hobbyists and a setback for the FAA, which cited safety concerns as it tried to tighten regulation of the fast-growing army of drone operators.

Oh, great. Now we'll have a bunch of unlicensed drone drivers all over. Bet they won't have insurance either. What about the drunk droners??
(05-19-2017, 10:52 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Kiss that money off.

Quote:

Oh, great. Now we'll have a bunch of unlicensed drone drivers all over. Bet they won't have insurance either. What about the drunk droners??
Buzzed droning is drunk droning. I'm guessing that drinking while droning would be like doing anything else while impaired. Did they just lift the requirement to register Drones again? Yes they did by court order.
(05-20-2017, 06:04 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

Kiss that money off.

Quote:

Buzzed droning is drunk droning. I'm guessing that drinking while droning would be like doing anything else while impaired. Did they just lift the requirement to register Drones again? Yes they did by court order.

I doubt we have seen the last of this. I, for one, don't want to be approaching Medford Airport in a "little" two engine Alaskan Airlines commuter plane that has to navigate through a field of hobby drones. 

Clete, so good to see your posts again. Hope you are well, feeling optimistic and full of piss and vinegar. More photo's soon?

Kiss that money off.

Quote:

Yeah, I saw that in the news. I was just being facetious. I would guess that this might not be the end of it. Congress can pass a law restricting or not. That is if they could do anything in their current state.
Really, remote controlled airplanes have been around since the 60's. It wasn't until they called them 'Drones' and made them so cheap that it isn't limited to some nerds on an old abandoned airstrip, that they wanted a piece of the action.
(05-20-2017, 09:17 AM)chuck white Wrote: Really, remote controlled airplanes have been around since the 60's. It wasn't until they called them 'Drones' and made them so cheap that it isn't limited to some nerds on an old abandoned airstrip, that they wanted a piece of the action.

I think the current concern is driven by the bone headed minority of drone owners that do stupid things with them just because they can. It has less to do with drones and more to do with the stupid owners.
(05-20-2017, 10:08 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(05-20-2017, 09:17 AM)chuck white Wrote: Really, remote controlled airplanes have been around since the 60's. It wasn't until they called them 'Drones' and made them so cheap that it isn't limited to some nerds on an old abandoned airstrip, that they wanted a piece of the action.

I think the current concern is driven by the bone headed minority of drone owners that do stupid things with them just because they can. It has less to do with drones and more to do with the stupid owners.

Well, we can't have a law against stupid. We'd have to lock up half the population
(05-20-2017, 10:55 AM)chuck white Wrote:
(05-20-2017, 10:08 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

Well, we can't have a law against stupid. We'd have to lock up half the population

Isn't that why Sessions is bringing back the commercial prison system?
(05-20-2017, 06:53 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Kiss that money off.

Quote:

I doubt we have seen the last of this. I, for one, don't want to be approaching Medford Airport in a "little" two engine Alaskan Airlines commuter plane that has to navigate through a field of hobby drones. 

Clete, so good to see your posts again. Hope you are well, feeling optimistic and full of piss and vinegar. More photo's soon?

It's illegal to fly near the airport license or not. I think it's a five mile radius.
The same rule applies to Geese but I see them sneaking by in evenings like they just don't care. As a matter of fact they sound like they are laughing about it.
(05-20-2017, 02:02 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-20-2017, 06:53 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Kiss that money off.

It's illegal to fly near the airport license or not. I think it's a five mile radius.
The same rule applies to Geese but I see them sneaking by in evenings like they just don't care. As a matter of fact they sound like they are laughing about it.
Thanks Wonk. I was dealing with some health issues. Feeling better now. See you all tomorrow.
(05-20-2017, 09:34 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Thanks Wonk. I was dealing with some health issues. Feeling better now. See you all tomorrow.

Good to know you aint dead and stuff.
(05-21-2017, 02:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-20-2017, 09:34 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Thanks Wonk. I was dealing with some health issues. Feeling better now. See you all tomorrow.

or locked up.
(05-21-2017, 03:11 PM)chuck white Wrote:

or locked up.

Or renditioned.
(05-21-2017, 06:01 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(05-21-2017, 03:11 PM)chuck white Wrote:

or locked up.

Or renditioned.

Laughing