Big Media
OK, I'll play along. So you subscribe to SD's idea that "the Media" is engaged in an elaborate ploy to divide us and enflame us. For what purpose? Who does this scheme benefit, either thru influence, money, or power?
Perhaps your obsession with dark skinned folks colors your "objective" viewpoint? You think Bob Hunter at the Mail Tribune
searches out stories where he can feature the race of the criminals or victims in a story? I can tell you that ain't the way it works.
(12-27-2015, 10:47 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-27-2015, 07:23 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(12-27-2015, 03:38 PM)tvguy Wrote: I don't think so either. If it's a lie that will undoubtedly come out anyway. IMO It's not a "journalists" job to correct, debate or editorialize what they hear. It's their job to report. That why they used to call them reporters Razz

But now all too often the so called "news" is slanted to make you believe something.

Kind of like when a news piece says.. "White cop shoots black teen"
You had me till your quote. What is the reporter supposed to say when a white cop shoots a black teen? Besides I don't recall seeing that head line. I see cop shoots unarmed black teen more often. Enlighten me Swami.  Wink

I'm surprised you didn't get my point. Especially when you gave such a good example. You said you see......

"cop shoots unarmed black teen"

Why is this teens race published in a headline or anywhere else? If a cop shoots an unarmed teenager why is it necessary to provide the race of the victim?

Come on Cletus, It's obviously a ploy to gain more attention.

When there is the slightest inclination that something might be racial the media jumps all over it. Well when it's a white versus black scenario.
Otherwise the race is not included at all... as it should be.

My example is flawed. I actually don't see the race of the victim or cop mentioned in the headlines in most of these stories. For example: On CNN I just saw a report titled "Grandmother and Student Shot." I had to wait for the photos to learn that the victims were black. So, I don't see what you are referring to all that often. 
(12-28-2015, 08:34 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(12-27-2015, 10:47 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-27-2015, 07:23 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(12-27-2015, 03:38 PM)tvguy Wrote: I don't think so either. If it's a lie that will undoubtedly come out anyway. IMO It's not a "journalists" job to correct, debate or editorialize what they hear. It's their job to report. That why they used to call them reporters Razz

But now all too often the so called "news" is slanted to make you believe something.

Kind of like when a news piece says.. "White cop shoots black teen"
You had me till your quote. What is the reporter supposed to say when a white cop shoots a black teen? Besides I don't recall seeing that head line. I see cop shoots unarmed black teen more often. Enlighten me Swami.  Wink

I'm surprised you didn't get my point. Especially when you gave such a good example. You said you see......

"cop shoots unarmed black teen"

Why is this teens race published in a headline or anywhere else? If a cop shoots an unarmed teenager why is it necessary to provide the race of the victim?

Come on Cletus, It's obviously a ploy to gain more attention.

When there is the slightest inclination that something might be racial the media jumps all over it. Well when it's a white versus black scenario.
Otherwise the race is not included at all... as it should be.

My example is flawed. I actually don't see the race of the victim or cop mentioned in the headlines in most of these stories. For example: On CNN I just saw a report titled "Grandmother and Student Shot." I had to wait for the photos to learn that the victims were black. So, I don't see what you are referring to all that often. 

Well I'm pretty sure I didn't imagine it.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/natio.../24689183/

White Ga. officer shoots, kills black unarmed, naked man
(12-24-2015, 07:13 PM)bbqboy Wrote:
(12-24-2015, 06:52 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(12-24-2015, 06:16 PM)bbqboy Wrote: I agree about big media but disagree with her. She was fired/resigned from CBS and has an ax to grind.
Plus she's a nut.

In a way, you just proved her point.

Enlighten me. How is pointing out that the messenger, and by extension the message, is fatally flawed proving her point?
And BTW, the internet has opened up a wide variety of reporting sources not under the thumb of big media. I mainly object to the idea that these huge corporations are all run by a cabal of scheming  communists hell bent on foisting "liberal media" on an unaware and mindless public. Corporations are in business to make money for their owners; if having a social conscience makes $$, then it's all good. Why do you think Sheldon Adelson and his wife bought the Las Vegas Sun? To do a good deed for the public? Not in this lifetime.

"You proved her point" in that a good portion of it was that the way to discredit the deliverer of any news you disagree with, is to use terms like "nut".....  Then you did a search, which she also explained, are easily skewed for you to find exactly the "side" you are looking for, whith no real way to verify if the "facts" you found are accurate.
(12-24-2015, 10:40 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(12-24-2015, 06:16 PM)bbqboy Wrote: I agree about big media but disagree with her. She was fired/resigned from CBS and has an ax to grind.
Plus she's a nut.

Enlighten me. How is pointing out that the messenger, and by extension the message, is fatally flawed proving her point?
And BTW, the internet has opened up a wide variety of reporting sources not under the thumb of big media. I mainly object to the idea that these huge corporations are all run by a cabal of scheming  communists hell bent on foisting "liberal media" on an unaware and mindless public. Corporations are in business to make money for their owners; if having a social conscience makes $$, then it's all good. Why do you think Sheldon Adelson and his wife bought the Las Vegas Sun? To do a good deed for the public? Not in this lifetime.

Just below the surface is the real thing I think Someone's Dad is pushing. It's the tired old accusation that the mainstream media is biased. I actually agree that all the media is tainted and like you suggest profit is almost always the driving force. 

Hey Someone's Dad, in your opinion, is Fox News as contaminated as the other news groups?

You accuse me of pushing something when all I did was open a subject I couldn't find an open thread for.  I pinned the article and asked for input, of which there has been very much.  I would say that posting this topic was a success based upon participation.

I put Fox News under the label of "mainstream media" based upon their dominance in the cable news arena.  They are as guilty as any for skewing the conversation in the direction they wish it to go.
(12-25-2015, 12:53 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-25-2015, 07:23 AM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(12-24-2015, 06:52 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: In a way, you just proved her point.

Just below the surface is the real thing I think Someone's Dad is pushing. It's the tired old accusation that the mainstream media is biased. I actually agree that all the media is tainted and like you suggest profit is almost always the driving force. 

Hey Someone's Dad, in your opinion, is Fox News as contaminated as the other news groups?

Good morning and Merry Christmas!  I am in a rush this morning, and I will be gone all weekend.  I really want to answer both you and bbqboy posts, but I need to have the time to do so.  Quickly though, I imagine Fox News to be no different as far as being driven by agenda.

El Wrongo Razz

I sure don't understand your response.
(12-28-2015, 01:04 PM)orygunluvr Wrote: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/natio.../24689183/

I didn't say that race is never mentioned, but I see plenty of articles where it is not. BTW, what the hell. The cop did shoot and kill a naked black man right?
(12-28-2015, 08:46 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(12-28-2015, 01:04 PM)orygunluvr Wrote: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/natio.../24689183/

I didn't say that race is never mentioned, but I see plenty of articles where it is not. BTW, what the hell. The cop did shoot and kill a naked black man right?

He was afraid of getting clubbed.

Thought the guy had a bat.
Ninja
(12-28-2015, 07:11 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
Plus she's a nut.

"You proved her point" in that a good portion of it was that the way to discredit the deliverer of any news you disagree with, is to use terms like "nut".....  Then you did a search, which she also explained, are easily skewed for you to find exactly the "side" you are looking for, whith no real way to verify if the "facts" you found are accurate.

Except that I already know who she is. I didn't need to search for anything. I even try to watch her show on Sunday morning sometimes. You seem to be saying there are no standards applicable, ethical or otherwise. 
In her current role, she is no longer a journalist but an advocate of her position. Not good or bad, but she IS a nut.
(12-28-2015, 07:24 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(12-24-2015, 07:13 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Enlighten me. How is pointing out that the messenger, and by extension the message, is fatally flawed proving her point?

Good morning and Merry Christmas!  I am in a rush this morning, and I will be gone all weekend.  I really want to answer both you and bbqboy posts, but I need to have the time to do so.  Quickly though, I imagine Fox News to be no different as far as being driven by agenda.

El Wrongo Razz

I think Fox is more biased than many other news sources.
(12-29-2015, 12:51 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-24-2015, 10:40 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Just below the surface is the real thing I think Someone's Dad is pushing. It's the tired old accusation that the mainstream media is biased. I actually agree that all the media is tainted and like you suggest profit is almost always the driving force. 

El Wrongo Razz

Most media outlets have many of their employees cycle in and out of democratic administrations, fox not so much. You're no different than the rest of the leftist troll lemmings, all leftists media propaganda outlets are victims and big bad fox is the evil oppressor. 
(12-30-2015, 09:21 AM)orygunluvr Wrote:
(12-25-2015, 07:23 AM)Someones Dad Wrote: Good morning and Merry Christmas!  I am in a rush this morning, and I will be gone all weekend.  I really want to answer both you and bbqboy posts, but I need to have the time to do so.  Quickly though, I imagine Fox News to be no different as far as being driven by agenda.

El Wrongo Razz

Most media outlets have many of their employees cycle in and out of democratic administrations, fox not so much. You're no different than the rest of the leftist troll lemmings, all leftists media propaganda outlets are victims and big bad fox is the evil oppressor. 

It's actually hilarious to hear a zealot far right extremist like you accuse anyone of being a leftist TROLL... a lemming. When lately you do nothing but Troll with your obsessive agenda. You are so in lock step with all the loudmouth angry right wing blabber mouths I can't think of a better example of a Lemming/follower who never had an original thought of his own.
I didn't say big bad fox is the evil oppressor. I simply said it's my opinion that Fox is more biased than most other news outlets.

And from that you had to spew all that hateful vomit you think means something?
(12-30-2015, 01:17 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-25-2015, 12:53 PM)tvguy Wrote: El Wrongo Razz

It's actually hilarious to hear a zealot far right extremist like you accuse anyone of being a leftist TROLL... a lemming. When lately you do nothing but Troll with your obsessive agenda. You are so in lock step with all the loudmouth angry right wing blabber mouths I can't think of a better example of a Lemming/follower who never had an original thought of his own.
I didn't say big bad fox is the evil oppressor. I simply said it's my opinion that Fox is more biased than most other news outlets.

You fuck sticks just hate competition, and apparently you're losing, just look at all the bullshit topics started by you fucks hating something about republicans written by some hate mongering leftist hack, like the one barbie started this morning. Get over your over righteous whiny victim self.
[Image: Welcome_to_the_Fox_News_where_everything_s_made_up.gif]
(12-30-2015, 06:15 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:
(12-28-2015, 07:24 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: I sure don't understand your response.

You fuck sticks just hate competition, and apparently you're losing, just look at all the bullshit topics started by you fucks hating something about republicans written by some hate mongering leftist hack, like the one barbie started this morning. Get over your over righteous whiny victim self.

OK barbie posted one hate thread compared to hundreds from SF and you. You really are delusional as to how wrapped up you are.
(12-31-2015, 12:19 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-29-2015, 12:51 PM)tvguy Wrote: I think Fox is more biased than many other news sources.

OK barbie posted one hate thread compared to hundreds from SF and you. You really are delusional as to how wrapped up you are.
Look through the lists, clete posts maybe the most hate pieces, of course scrapper might be up there with him, than anyone else here. My participation here is spotty at best, and I have started nowhere near hundreds. Is wonky posting from your account to? 
(01-01-2016, 12:49 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:
(12-30-2015, 09:21 AM)orygunluvr Wrote: Most media outlets have many of their employees cycle in and out of democratic administrations, fox not so much. You're no different than the rest of the leftist troll lemmings, all leftists media propaganda outlets are victims and big bad fox is the evil oppressor. 

Look through the lists, clete posts maybe the most hate pieces, of course scrapper might be up there with him, than anyone else here. My participation here is spotty at best, and I have started nowhere near hundreds. Is wonky posting from your account to? 
More bullshit!
(01-01-2016, 12:49 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:
(12-30-2015, 09:21 AM)orygunluvr Wrote: Most media outlets have many of their employees cycle in and out of democratic administrations, fox not so much. You're no different than the rest of the leftist troll lemmings, all leftists media propaganda outlets are victims and big bad fox is the evil oppressor. 

Look again. Go to the current page of this subforum and scroll the topics. Then do the same on the National Politics subforum. Look at your topics and compare with mine. You are truly deluded. 

BTW, Donald Trump is a Joke and that topic isn't a hate thread. Now what would you call your Muslims thread?