Because Rachel won't tell you this clete
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/...ium=social

2nd Amendment in Action: Armed Driver Stops Attempted Mass Shooting

2nd Amendment in Action: Armed Driver Stops Attempted Mass Shooting

[img=548x0]http://media.breitbart.com/media/2015/11/Handgun-close-Getty-640x480.jpg[/img]Getty Images

by AWR HAWKINS9 Dec 201545

In light of the Democrat-sponsored gun control following the San Bernardino attack, it is crucial to remember the important role armed citizens play in keeping themselves and others safe.
Perhaps no example illustrates this better than that of the Uber driver who pulled his handgun and stopped an attempted mass shooting in Chicago on April 17.
The driver had a concealed carry permit, so he was carrying his gun legally. And the fact that he had the gun with him prevented injury to innocents at the very least, and perhaps saved numerous lives on top of that.
Breitbart News reported that the driver was sitting in his car on Milwaukee Avenue, watching people shuffle back and forth in front of the car just before midnight. As he watched, a gunman raised a weapon and began to fire, so the driver then sprang into action.
According to the Chicago Tribune, 22-year-old Everardo Custodio allegedly “began firing into the crowd,” and the Uber driver fired back. He fired a total of “six shots at Custodio,” striking him three times and wounding him in “the shin, thigh, and lower back.” The attempted mass shooting was over and the the only injuries were to Custodio.
Numerous similar examples exist—examples largely overlooked by a Democratic Party fixated on making it harder for citizens to get the guns they need for self-defense.
For instance, just one month before the armed Uber driver saved the day in Chicago, a concealed permit holder saved adults and children when a gunman opened fire in a Philadelphia barber shop. Bretibart News reportedthat the concealed permit holder was walking past the barber shop on March 22 when he heard the sounds of gunfire inside. Instead of running away, the concealed permit holder ran inside and shot the would-be mass shooter in the chest, fatally wounding him.
According to NBC Philadelphia, police said the 40-year-old suspect who opened fire in the barer shop was randomly shooting at “customers and barbers” before the concealed permit holder intervened.
Earlier this year, Breitbart News posted a list of example of armed citizens using guns to defend their lives and the lives of others. The examples were drawn from events that occurred between November 30, 2014, and January 13, 2015.
Nov. 30—A Washington state mother shot an alleged home invader to save her children.
Dec. 8—A veteran confined to walker used a gun to stop a home invasion.
Dec. 9—An Antioch, California, homeowner opened fire on two home invaders.
Dec. 19—A 14-year-old shot and killed an intruder to save his grandparents.
Dec. 20—A man used a handgun in self-defense when confronted by an armed robber outside an Ohio mall. He killed the would-be robber, ending the attack.
Dec. 26—A Good Samaritan witnessed a domestic attack, pulled a pistol, and held the man at gunpoint until police arrived.
Dec. 27—A home invader put a gun to a woman’s neck in Memphis. The invader was shot and killed by the homeowner.
Dec. 28—A Bucks County, Pennsylvania, resident shot an intruder who broke through the glass door of her apartment.
Dec. 29—A home invader was shot and killed after a pregnant woman helped fight him off.
Dec. 30—A pastor shot a man who attacked him inside a church.
Dec. 30—A Texas fireworks stand owner used a gun to shoot and stop armed robbers.
Jan. 9—Four armed robbers stormed a women’s gun store in Shawnee, Kansas, and the co-owner’s life was spared when her husband intervened by opening fire on the suspects.
Jan. 10—A California homeowner survived an initial attack by a home invader, retrieved a gun, and held the suspect at gunpoint until police arrived.
Jan. 11—A man put a gun to a Papa John’s Pizza delivery woman’s head; she pulled her own gun and shot him in the face.
Jan. 12—An armed robber in a Milwaukee barber shop was shot and killed by a patron with a concealed carry license and a handgun.
Jan. 13—An armed Taco Bell robber ordered a would-be victim to drop his pants, but the victim pulled his gun instead and shot the robber dead.
These real accounts of armed citizens using guns defensively are literally a fraction of the similar stories that could be listed. So it stands to reason that the war on the Second Amendment is a war on the ability of such citizens to continue to defend their lives and the lives of others.

I wonder why you call my attention to these kind of articles. 

Here are the reasons: 

No one ever said a person in possession of a gun can't deter a crime. There are millions of guns out there. So, of course some crimes can and will be stopped by people with guns. 

No one is trying to take guns away from legal gun owners. 

Yes, the commentators on MSNBC are not going jump on the guns stop crimes bandwagon. Fox News and Breightbart can do that. These are NOT the kind of stories that get national news coverage. They are local news stories. 

You are arguing with some idea you have stuck in your head. 

Gun control is already happening in America. It's the reason you can't buy a fully automatic assault rifle or a bazooka. 

Get real dude. 
(12-09-2015, 11:28 AM)cletus1 Wrote: I wonder why you call my attention to these kind of articles. 

Here are the reasons: 

No one ever said a person in possession of a gun can't deter a crime. There are millions of guns out there. So, of course some crimes can and will be stopped by people with guns. 

Yes, the commentators on MSNBC are not going jump on the guns stop crimes bandwagon. Fox News and Breightbart can do that. These are NOT the kind of stories that get national news coverage. They are local news stories. 

Gun control is already happening in America. It's the reason you can't buy a fully automatic assault rifle or a bazooka. 

Get real dude. 

Face it Clete, He's "fond" of you.  Razz
(12-09-2015, 11:28 AM)cletus1 Wrote: I wonder why you call my attention to these kind of articles. 

Here are the reasons: 

Get real dude. 
Actually these are worthy of just as much coverage nationwide as shootings are, it's just you guys with your mental disorder would never give credence to something that doesn't fit the your agenda of white Christian male conservatives committing mass killings. Thus why you guys seem to victimize any criminal that is a minority and blame white male Christian conservatives. I single you out because you worship at the god of msnbc Rachel.
(12-09-2015, 01:15 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:

Here are the reasons: 

Get real dude. 
Actually these are worthy of just as much coverage nationwide as shootings are, it's just you guys with your mental disorder would never give credence to something that doesn't fit the your agenda of white Christian male conservatives committing mass killings. Thus why you guys seem to victimize any criminal that is a minority and blame white male Christian conservatives. I single you out because you worship at the god of msnbc Rachel.

I disagree that these stories are worthy of national news coverage. Now before you go the all the main stream media is biased on me, I will remind you of the coverage the media gave to the 3 guys that thwarted the attacks on the train in France. And yes I know they just overpowered the guy without using a gun. I know you want the gun to be the star, but sometimes they are not. 

I also put Rachael on the lower shelf of my liberal altar. Chris Hays had taken her place. Anyway, you are still arguing with the liberal you invented. Most of the politically liberal people that I know don't fit your stereotype. 
Quote:Florida teen fatally shoots masked intruder who turned out to be his father

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morn...is-father/

Just because I'm a stinker.
Quote:Father Shoots And Kills 14-Year-Old Daughter, Saying He Mistook Her For Burglar

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/12...k-burglar/

Quote:Next

Handyman husband shot his health firm CEO wife dead in their Texas home after he mistook her for an intruder

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...rning.html
Quote:People were shot by toddlers every week this year

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/2015101.../151019350

Quote:This week a 2-year-old in South Carolina found a gun in the back seat of the car he was riding in and accidentally shot his grandmother, who was sitting in the passenger seat. This type of thing happens from time to time: a little kid finds a gun, fires it, and hurts or kills himself or someone else. These cases rarely bubble up to the national level except when someone, like a parent, ends up dead.

But cases like this happen a lot more frequently than you might think. After spending a few hours sifting through news reports, I've found at least 43 instances this year of somebody being shot by a toddler 3 or younger. In 31 of those 43 cases, a toddler found a gun and shot himself or herself
[Image: die-hard-to-return-with-a-new-john-mccla...662613.jpg]
We have gun control in this country and the NRA and gun advocates are tone deaf to it. You will see more of it too.
It you send pro marijuana stuff through the post office, even a newspaper advocating you can be charged with a felony.
Gun control at its finest.
(12-14-2015, 01:56 PM)Willie Krash Wrote: We have gun control in this country and the NRA and gun advocates are tone deaf to it. You will see more of it too.
It you send pro marijuana stuff through the post office, even a newspaper advocating you can be charged with a felony.
Gun control at its finest.

Whatever duuuuude, Were you burning one as you wrote that?
We have made felonies out of everything. Even truck drivers log books. Most cases felons cannot own guns so it is a form of gun control. Keep up, put that crack pipe down.
Drug laws are the poster child of felonies. Three strike laws and sending a newspaper by USPS with an ad for a dispensary.
All control guns.
BTW no I was not, I'm at work. Sorry if it went over your head...Smiling
(12-14-2015, 03:12 PM)Willie Krash Wrote: We have made felonies out of everything. Even truck drivers log books. Most cases felons cannot own guns so it is a form of gun control. Keep up, put that crack pipe down.
Drug laws are the poster child of felonies. Three strike laws and sending a newspaper by USPS with an ad for a dispensary.
All control guns.

Yes it went over my head. I'll admit that if you'll admit you like to post in ways that are purposely not as clear as it could be Big Grin

I believe that Most non violent felonies can be expunged. But maybe not in some of the more hard ass states like Texas.

But seriously How many are made felons who can't own a gun from sending a newspaper by USPS with an ad for a dispensary? And three strike laws?? Sorry but I don't have much sympathy for three time losers.
(12-14-2015, 03:12 PM)Willie Krash Wrote: We have made felonies out of everything. Even truck drivers log books. Most cases felons cannot own guns so it is a form of gun control. Keep up, put that crack pipe down.
All control guns.

I believe the USPS is going to have to back off that rule.  After all they have been sending "High Times" through the postal service for over 30 years.
(12-14-2015, 04:12 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
All control guns.

I believe the USPS is going to have to back off that rule.  After all they have been sending "High Times" through the postal service for over 30 years.

I thought about the same thing. I think they always have "backed off" simply by not enforcing their law.
Clete, the reason these stories are relevant to be media worthy is that they completely destroy the rachel, mealy mouthed, leftists narrative that guns don't protect you when there are about 2,000,000 lives saved a year by everyday gun owners. It also destroys the narrative that innocent people have a great chance of getting shot by a person conceal carrying, when in reality it's the cops that hit innocent people with errant fire. The typical conceal carry person shoots more rounds, practices more hours, and has more experience with firearms than the average police officer. Most police officers only shoot their fire arms just enough to qualify to carry it.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/true-st...cle_1-3-16
2,000,000 ???  Blink

Laughing Laughing