Get yours!
No. I had a better chance of catching the totality of the eclipse and did not make that either. So, no.
(08-23-2017, 07:10 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
Quote:PORTLAND, OR (KPTV) -

After Saturday's Powerball failed to draw a lucky winner, the jackpot jumped to a whopping $700-million, which is the second largest jackpot in the game's history.

Worth buying a ticket?

Why is it any more worth it to buy a ticket now than any other time?  Is 700 million that much more appealing that 5 million or so?
(01-10-2016, 09:13 AM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(01-10-2016, 09:03 AM)Scrapper Wrote: My splurge purchase would be a crewed yacht in the Caribbean while we decide what to do with the money.

Recent experiences made me think of another thing I would do with that kind of money.  I would have my own "Insurance" plan that covered all of my family and friends, forever, so none of them would ever have to worry about getting sick or dying.

none of them would ever have to worry about getting sick or dying.

Sorry but you can't buy immortality. Razz
(01-11-2016, 07:56 AM)GPnative Wrote: We are not lottery players, but we did in fact buy a couple tickets for the Saturday drawing. Just kind of figured, what the hell. It is fun to ponder "what if", but whether we became filthy rich or not, we are just not the type of people who would go out frivolously spending. Nope, if we won, my first task even before purchasing anything would be to call my employer and say "I will not be in.....ever, Thank You" That is what I would want and enjoy the most about winning, not having to work for the man anymore.

And you could do that winning ANY of the lotteries so why waste your money on this one?
(08-23-2017, 02:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:

After Saturday's Powerball failed to draw a lucky winner, the jackpot jumped to a whopping $700-million, which is the second largest jackpot in the game's history.

Worth buying a ticket?

Why is it any more worth it to buy a ticket now than any other time?  Is 700 million that much more appealing that 5 million or so?
Yes. We have a group of us going in on a bunch of tickets for tonight's drawing... Because it's more fun to split $700M 20 ways and have friends to hang out with on private islands or crewed yachts... than to have $5M and no one to play with cuz your friends all still have to work.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(08-23-2017, 02:16 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-10-2016, 09:03 AM)Scrapper Wrote: My splurge purchase would be a crewed yacht in the Caribbean while we decide what to do with the money.

Recent experiences made me think of another thing I would do with that kind of money.  I would have my own "Insurance" plan that covered all of my family and friends, forever, so none of them would ever have to worry about getting sick or dying.

Had to reread this a time or two.  I THINK SD was saying they wouldn't have to WORRY about the COST of getting sick or dying.  After all, the topic is about a shitload of money.
(08-23-2017, 04:30 PM)Hugo Wrote:

Had to reread this a time or two.  I THINK SD was saying they wouldn't have to WORRY about the COST of getting sick or dying.  After all, the topic is about a shitload of money.

Still curious about your point: Even a "shitload of money" can't protect us from dying. It may delay it, (or maybe not)  and the money would be a blessing in that event, but as you know, death comes to us all.
(08-24-2017, 08:22 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Still curious about your point: Even a "shitload of money" can't protect us from dying. It may delay it, (or maybe not)  and the money would be a blessing in that event, but as you know, death comes to us all.

It wasn't MY point.  I READ what SD wrote, and TV's reply.  It made me want to understand what SD meant. (Why the fuck does everything have to be broken down into in depth explanations for you????)  My OPINION is that SD simply meant that if he/she had that much money, his/her friends would not have to worry about the EXPENSES associated with getting sick and/or dying.  I don't know what is hard about this concept?  I don't think SD meant money could prevent anyone from dying.

DO YOU FUCKING GET IT?
(08-24-2017, 09:25 AM)Hugo Wrote:
(01-10-2016, 09:13 AM)Someones Dad Wrote: Recent experiences made me think of another thing I would do with that kind of money.  I would have my own "Insurance" plan that covered all of my family and friends, forever, so none of them would ever have to worry about getting sick or dying.

It wasn't MY point.  I READ what SD wrote, and TV's reply.  It made me want to understand what SD meant. (Why the fuck does everything have to be broken down into in depth explanations for you????)  My OPINION is that SD simply meant that if he/she had that much money, his/her friends would not have to worry about the EXPENSES associated with getting sick and/or dying.  I don't know what is hard about this concept?  I don't think SD meant money could prevent anyone from dying.

DO YOU FUCKING GET IT?

I'd get it you you say what you mean. That too tough?
(08-24-2017, 09:55 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-24-2017, 09:25 AM)Hugo Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 02:16 PM)tvguy Wrote: none of them would ever have to worry about getting sick or dying.

DO YOU FUCKING GET IT?

I'd get it you you say what you mean. That too tough?

For fucks sake....... Twitch I DID.

Of course I know what he meant. I was joking about the way he phrased it.

so none of them would ever have to worry about getting sick or dying.

Should have said sick AND dying
(08-23-2017, 03:53 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

Worth buying a ticket?

Yes. We have a group of us going in on a bunch of tickets for tonight's drawing... Because it's more fun to split $700M 20 ways and have friends to hang out with on private islands or crewed yachts... than to have $5M and no one to play with cuz your friends all still have to work.

Well OK them but that's kind of ridiculous. Big Grin
(08-24-2017, 12:43 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Worth buying a ticket?

"Kind of ridiculous": There you go again, dictating the way folks post, offering an opinion when none was asked for.
Hell, soon folks will be calling you "hall monitor", forum nanny, and worse.  Razz Razz
I almost won last time. I only got one number wrong in six places.
(08-24-2017, 07:22 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 07:10 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Worth buying a ticket?

"Kind of ridiculous": There you go again, dictating the way folks post, offering an opinion when none was asked for.
Hell, soon folks will be calling you "hall monitor", forum nanny, and worse.  Razz Razz
Are you trying to say you're just kidding?  Your emoji's might indicate some insincerity on your part. Smiling
(08-23-2017, 07:10 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Worth buying a ticket?

I didn't put anyone down because of the language they used. I didn't give them shit about their behavior or attitude or for not explaining what's in a video. Or for posting a thread I don't agree with or think is necessary.

I just thought the logic of buying private islands and the rest to be silly.
But I'm not surprised you can't see the difference.
(08-24-2017, 09:50 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 02:14 PM)tvguy Wrote: Why is it any more worth it to buy a ticket now than any other time?  Is 700 million that much more appealing that 5 million or so?

I didn't put anyone down because of the language they used. I didn't give them shit about their behavior or attitude or for not explaining what's in a video. Or for posting a thread I don't agree with or think is necessary.

Well there is a huge difference between posting an opinion and lecturing others about their conduct, and behavior and telling people what "we" should do.

This whole place is founded on the idea of posting opinions.

BTW, Wonky in the post by TV to Scrapper, I see no mention of his telling her how to behave or what she should or shouldn't do.
(08-25-2017, 08:34 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-24-2017, 09:50 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 03:53 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Yes. We have a group of us going in on a bunch of tickets for tonight's drawing... Because it's more fun to split $700M 20 ways and have friends to hang out with on private islands or crewed yachts... than to have $5M and no one to play with cuz your friends all still have to work.

Well there is a huge difference between posting an opinion and lecturing others about their conduct, and behavior and telling people what "we" should do.

This whole place is founded on the idea of posting opinions.

BTW, Wonky in the post by TV to Scrapper, I see no mention of his telling her how to behave or what she should or shouldn't do.

No, he just told her "That's kind of ridiculous". Like, maybe she should not be ridiculous? Or, hey, what fun...I really enjoy ridiculous statements. 

By the way, I'm bored and have another hour or so before I want to start reading. Maybe you could post just one line. Should take me at least an hour to figure out what the hell you mean.  Wink