Not looking for a fight
If I come on the forum and I'm not looking for a fight...who's threads do I avoid?  (sorry different device and I'm having trouble with the keyboard).   Anyway...I'm looking at OP's and I think, OL?  Nah.  Tornado?   Nope...And the other guy,whatever his name is....no, I don't think so .....not much to comment on, is there?
Sorry mam, we seem to be all out of dialog at the moment. Check back on Tuesday after they get the truck unloaded.  Wink
(01-21-2016, 12:07 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Sorry mam, we seem to be all out of dialog at the moment. Check back on Tuesday after they get the truck unloaded.  Wink

This, seems to me, a well thought out plan. Thank you! Smiling
(01-21-2016, 12:29 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-21-2016, 12:07 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Sorry mam, we seem to be all out of dialog at the moment. Check back on Tuesday after they get the truck unloaded.  Wink

This, seems to me, a well thought out plan. Thank you! Smiling

Glad to be of service mam. 
Or you can man up and fight. What's wrong with fighting anyway? My best time here is when I am fighting with people I don't know about stuff they will never see my way.  Big Grin
I've grown tired of fighting with idiots. I too search for those lounge threads that are currently a victim of the election hysteria.
that's why I talk to friends on FB rather than enemies here, it seems.
If you are looking for a kumbaya forum, you're in the wrong place.
.I'm not looking for anything, but the other aspect used to exist here. Those are the people on FB.
Just the way it is nowadays.
(01-21-2016, 06:26 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Or you can man up and fight. What's wrong with fighting anyway? My best time here is when I am fighting with people I don't know about stuff they will never see my way.  Big Grin

I understand that's said "tongue in cheek" Clete, but still...

In the past we have had some resonable debates about things without the thread jumping the tracks and becoming vitrolic. It would be good to be able to return to that. 

And Tia's (real moniker) point is a good one! We should be able to enjoy discussions about books, movies, music, etc, without rancor or someone injecting that it's a "liberal" (or whatever) view.

I don't log onto FB often (as in almost never) but I think BBQ has a good point in reminding us that good convsation and even debate can be civil...and fun. 

Thanks Tia: Good thought and I hope it gains traction. I'll try to do my part in holding to the standard. 

So...when Clete gets back lets all meet at his place for coffee and dessert and listen to his 78's of the Kinston Trio.   Laughing
(01-21-2016, 10:40 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-21-2016, 06:26 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Or you can man up and fight. What's wrong with fighting anyway? My best time here is when I am fighting with people I don't know about stuff they will never see my way.  Big Grin

In the past we have had some resonable debates about things without the thread jumping the tracks and becoming vitrolic. It would be good to be able to return to that. 

And Tia's (real moniker) point is a good one! We should be able to enjoy discussions about books, movies, music, etc, without rancor or someone injecting that it's a "liberal" (or whatever) view.

I don't log onto FB often (as in almost never) but I think BBQ has a good point in reminding us that good convsation and even debate can be civil...and fun. 

Thanks Tia: Good thought and I hope it gains traction. I'll try to do my part in holding to the standard. 

So...when Clete gets back lets all meet at his place for coffee and dessert and listen to his 78's of the Kinston Trio.   Laughing

You act as if this is NEVER the case now? Return to that? When WAS that? I don't see any difference between now and then other than there used to be more people here.

As far as facebook. I have found that you can do basically the exact thing on Facebook as you can here. It all depends on what site you are on.
Of course just like here it does seem to have more conspiracy theorists and anti government or anti whatever people than a normal cross section of society.
At least I hope so because there sure as hell are a lot of conspiracy theory loony tunes out there.
(01-21-2016, 12:06 PM)tvguy Wrote:

You act as if this is NEVER the case now? Return to that? When WAS that? I don't see any difference between now and then other than there used to be more people here.

As far as facebook. I have found that you can do basically the exact thing on Facebook as you can here. It all depends on what site you are on.
Of course just like here it does seem to have more conspiracy theorists and anti government or anti whatever people than a normal cross section of society.
At least I hope so because there sure as hell are a lot of conspiracy theory loony tunes out there.

Whatever TV. Maybe buy a copy of "The Power of Positve Thinking". 
Only suggestions. 
Whatever...
(01-21-2016, 01:04 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Only suggestions. 
Whatever...
Well Wonky I simply said I think the forum is basically the same as it always was with just less participants.

I commented about Facebook, different sites and how a person can interact on Facebook just like here.

Your response? Whatever? Well it seems stupid to me. I have no idea what positive thinking has to do with anything. Thanks for nothing.
(01-21-2016, 02:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Only suggestions. 
Whatever...
Well Wonky I simply said I think the forum is basically the same as it always was with just less participants.

I commented about Facebook, different sites and how a person can interact on Facebook just like here.

Your response? Whatever? Well it seems stupid to me. I have no idea what positive thinking has to do with anything. Thanks for nothing.

Going back to Juniper's (Tia's) original post: I thought it was time for a refeshing reset and I think she made a good case for it.
I DO know the history.
I DO know that we have fewer members. 
I doubt any of us needed to be reminded. 
Perhaps (a long shot) a more civil tone here would foster the kind of thing Tia is suggesting and bring in fresh voices. 
Maybe not.
Trying would'nt hurt. 
 Now, I'm going to put my face back in a book. 

PS: For those who are undecided about reading THE WRIGHT BROTHERS I'd suggest giving it a look. I really enjoyed it. 
(01-21-2016, 02:58 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-21-2016, 10:40 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: I understand that's said "tongue in cheek" Clete, but still...

Only suggestions. 
Whatever...

Going back to Juniper's (Tia's) original post: I thought it was time for a refeshing reset and I think she made a good case for it.
I DO know the history.
Perhaps (a long shot) a more civil tone here would foster the kind of thing Tia is suggesting and bring in fresh voices. 
Maybe not.
Trying would'nt hurt. 

PS: For those who are undecided about reading THE WRIGHT BROTHERS I'd suggest giving it a look. I really enjoyed it. 

I said I think nothing has changed other than the amount of posters.

I spoke about Facebook. What did I get in return? A whatever and advice to read a book.

Maybe you are part of the problem? You constantly plead for the same thing year after year... this "civil tone"

I think you over estimate your snarky condescending attitude and think it is SO civil. And don't even realize what everyone else knows. You ALWAYS think you need to teach everyone else how to act.
(01-21-2016, 04:48 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Only suggestions. 
Whatever...

I DO know the history.
Maybe not.
Trying would'nt hurt. 

I spoke about Facebook. What did I get in return? A whatever and advice to read a book.

Maybe you are part of the problem? You constantly plead for the same thing year after year... this "civil tone"

I think you over estimate your snarky condescending attitude and think it is SO civil. And don't even realize what everyone else knows. You ALWAYS think you need to teach everyone else how to act.

As Ronnie said during the debate, "There you go again"! Jesus, Mary, and Joseeph! 

I was only attemtpting to support and endorse what Tia (Junitper) suggested. No more, no less. And it turned into the very thing she said she is tired of. Irony at it's best! 

I think I won't feel the need to exchange comments with you any longer if you conintue to harp about a thing that is not even a fact. In the past I've been guilty of attempting encourage a more civil tone here. I now fully underestand that you feel the need to include a few "fuck you's" in frequent posts, so I no longer comment about that. Derail all the topics you feel you need to. Rant and rave a bit. Make fun of more folks on CL. 
Mabye go back and read Tia's original post. 
You have been blessed with special insight. Enjoy it. It may not last. 
(01-21-2016, 11:24 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-21-2016, 01:04 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Whatever TV. Maybe buy a copy of "The Power of Positve Thinking". 
Only suggestions. 
Whatever...

I DO know the history.
Maybe not.
Trying would'nt hurt. 

As Ronnie said during the debate, "There you go again"! Jesus, Mary, and Joseeph! 

I was only attemtpting to support and endorse what Tia (Junitper) suggested. No more, no less. And it turned into the very thing she said she is tired of. Irony at it's best! 

I think I won't feel the need to exchange comments with you any longer if you conintue to harp about a thing that is not even a fact. In the past I've been guilty of attempting encourage a more civil tone here. I now fully underestand that you feel the need to include a few "fuck you's" in frequent posts, so I no longer comment about that. Derail all the topics you feel you need to. Rant and rave a bit. Make fun of more folks on CL. 

It's funny to me that it really sticks in your craw that I post funny , stupid or just odd Craigslist posts. Also are you sure you really know what Tia posted about? Because I'm not so sure what she was trying to say.
I just scrolled through this thread. Seeing posts by Wonky, then tvguy, then Wonky, then tvguy, then Wonky...... I didn't need to read anything, I knew what the conversation was. Again.

Laughing Laughing
(01-22-2016, 06:31 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I just scrolled through this thread. Seeing posts by Wonky, then tvguy, then Wonky, then tvguy, then Wonky...... I didn't need to read anything, I knew what the conversation was. Again.

Laughing Laughing

Laughing Is kind of funny I guess. But ya know what? Things are sometimes resolved by conversation and dialog needs the be exchanged. Some things may never be resolved but I'd rather try than surrender without the effort. 
(01-22-2016, 08:49 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-22-2016, 06:31 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I just scrolled through this thread. Seeing posts by Wonky, then tvguy, then Wonky, then tvguy, then Wonky...... I didn't need to read anything, I knew what the conversation was. Again.

Laughing Laughing

Laughing Is kind of funny I guess. But ya know what? Things are sometimes resolved by conversation and dialog needs the be exchanged. Some things may never be resolved but I'd rather try than surrender without the effort. 

Have at it Wonky! I'll decide who to root for later!   Smiling
(01-22-2016, 01:23 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-21-2016, 11:24 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-21-2016, 02:36 PM)tvguy Wrote: Well Wonky I simply said I think the forum is basically the same as it always was with just less participants.

I DO know the history.
Maybe not.
Trying would'nt hurt. 

It's funny to me that it really sticks in your craw that I post funny , stupid or just odd Craigslist posts. Also are you sure you really know what Tia posted about? Because I'm not so sure what she was trying to say.

Yeah. Me either. Blink