Closed Threads
The site was down (for me) for much of the day so I was hoping the closed threads were being opened.  Big Grin No such luck. All of the Community Help Desk threads are now closed also.  Laughing
(04-05-2016, 07:12 PM)Valuesize Wrote: The site was down (for me) for much of the day so I was hoping the closed threads were being opened.  Big Grin No such luck. All of the Community Help Desk threads are now closed also.  Laughing

Wow! Nice Irony.
(04-05-2016, 07:13 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(04-05-2016, 07:12 PM)Valuesize Wrote: The site was down (for me) for much of the day so I was hoping the closed threads were being opened.  Big Grin No such luck. All of the Community Help Desk threads are now closed also.  Laughing

Wow! Nice Irony.

Just start a new one. The old ones lock down from non use.

And not all are closed, I was able to post to another???

Site was down for me to....I was concerned admin turned out the lights.
(04-06-2016, 06:43 AM)GPnative Wrote:

I messaged KGasso and he said that it was an issue with broken hardware that Charter had to fix.  Glad all went well and RVF is back up and running!
(04-06-2016, 08:55 AM)Scrapper Wrote:

I messaged KGasso and he said that it was an issue with broken hardware that Charter had to fix.  Glad all went well and RVF is back up and running!

What did he say about reopening the closed threads?
(04-06-2016, 09:14 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(04-05-2016, 07:12 PM)Valuesize Wrote: The site was down (for me) for much of the day so I was hoping the closed threads were being opened.  Big Grin No such luck. All of the Community Help Desk threads are now closed also. 

Sorry, didn't ask about that. I was mostly wondering if he had pulled the plug.
(04-06-2016, 09:16 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(04-05-2016, 07:12 PM)Valuesize Wrote: The site was down (for me) for much of the day so I was hoping the closed threads were being opened.  Big Grin No such luck. All of the Community Help Desk threads are now closed also. 

I don't get the concept. Why open an old thread? Who gives a crap what people who are long gone said? What's the big deal about just starting a new one with the same subject?

I don't get the concept. Why open an old thread? Who gives a crap what people who are long gone said? What's the big deal about just starting a new one with the same subject?
(04-06-2016, 01:05 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 06:43 AM)GPnative Wrote: Site was down for me to....I was concerned admin turned out the lights.

Yeah, quit living in the past man.  Cool
(04-06-2016, 01:55 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 08:55 AM)Scrapper Wrote: I messaged KGasso and he said that it was an issue with broken hardware that Charter had to fix.  Glad all went well and RVF is back up and running!

The point is when non members find the closed threads on our little forum through a web search they don't stop and play.
(04-06-2016, 02:43 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 09:14 AM)Valuesize Wrote: What did he say about reopening the closed threads?

The point is when non members find the closed threads on our little forum through a web search they don't stop and play.

That makes some sense. But what are these key words they find in a search that leads them here that they wouldn't find anyway in a new thread. "Cute animals" Razz
And when I am looking for advice or info and I come across a blog or something like this forum. The first thing I do if I want to ask a question is to look at the date.

More often then not it years old. And with our closed threads it's going to be the same thing. Don't argue I'm always right Razz

Besides these old threads are likely to have people saying we don't need an army or borders or money. Or that they are a white guy who looks like a "NI****..Because he lived by a nuclear power plant ....Or even that they are JESUS CHRIST!!!

Or what if they saw a picture of a bunch of goats painted red? Oh wait that's now Razz

Do you think they are going to stop and play then? Laughing Laughing
(04-06-2016, 04:37 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 09:16 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Sorry, didn't ask about that. I was mostly wondering if he had pulled the plug.

That makes some sense. But what are these key words they find in a search that leads them here that they wouldn't find anyway in a new thread. "Cute animals" Razz
And when I am looking for advice or info and I come across a blog or something like this forum. The first thing I do if I want to ask a question is to look at the date.

More often then not it years old. And with our closed threads it's going to be the same thing. Don't argue I'm always right Razz

Besides these old threads are likely to have people saying we don't need an army or borders or money. Or that they are a white guy who looks like a "NI****..Because he lived by a nuclear power plant ....Or even that they are JESUS CHRIST!!!

Or what if they saw a picture of a bunch of goats painted red? Oh wait that's now Razz

Who cares. That's one reason. The other reason is that I don't see the point in them being closed.  
(04-06-2016, 06:20 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 01:05 PM)tvguy Wrote: I don't get the concept. Why open an old thread? Who gives a crap what people who are long gone said? What's the big deal about just starting a new one with the same subject?

Who cares. That's one reason. The other reason is that I don't see the point in them being closed.  

Band width?
The reason threads close is that somebody in the past would drag up old threads and start adding to them to cause fights.
(04-07-2016, 12:47 PM)chuck white Wrote: The reason threads close is that somebody in the past would drag up old threads and start adding to them to cause fights.

Is that the reason? I think we've moved beyond that now.
(04-07-2016, 07:47 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(04-07-2016, 12:47 PM)chuck white Wrote: The reason threads close is that somebody in the past would drag up old threads and start adding to them to cause fights.

Is that the reason? I think we've moved beyond that now.

Chuck is nuts but you knew that Smiling
(04-06-2016, 06:20 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 01:05 PM)tvguy Wrote: I don't get the concept. Why open an old thread? Who gives a crap what people who are long gone said? What's the big deal about just starting a new one with the same subject?

Or what if they saw a picture of a bunch of goats painted red? Oh wait that's now. Laughing   

Dude that stuff is way cool. Try and top it.
you just can't tOp
a painted goat