Is it slow here because?
Is it slow on  here because the 10 or so consistent posters  have got little to say? Or because the slow site is keeping them away?
(09-24-2015, 10:45 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Is it slow on  here because the 10 or so consistent posters  have got little to say? Or because the slow site is keeping them away?

Yes.
I haven't had any issues with the site being slow.
(09-25-2015, 06:08 AM)Scrapper Wrote: I haven't had any issues with the site being slow.
Me neither. I have been busy, but I still check in. There are not many topics that people are posting in so I wait and wait and wait. Think I will post a photo or two today. 

I don't have a kitchen right now, but I got a new floor in the kitchen. Maybe we can talk about that later.  Unsure
The site is slow for me.. Like 10 to 20 seconds wait every time I click on something. YES Scrapper I think every time this comes up you say I haven't had any issues with the site being slow.

OK fine for whatever reason it doesn't affect YOU but I think most others are slow.

I have no idea what causes it, I think Kam does something to fix it.

I have charter high speed cable and for ME NOTHING else is ever slow like this one particular site.

And yes sometimes I just give up.
(09-25-2015, 12:38 PM)tvguy Wrote: The site is slow for me.. Like 10 to 20 seconds wait every time I click on something. YES Scrapper I think every time this comes up you say I haven't had any issues with the site being slow.

OK fine for whatever reason it doesn't affect YOU but I think most others are slow.

I have charter high speed cable and for ME NOTHING else is ever slow like this one particular site.

What kind of computer are you using?  And how old is it?  Could it just be that you're using an antiquated computer that just can't keep up?  I don't know.  Just trying to think of ideas.
I can see there is a problem as there is a lag of a second or two.  Did you send a message to the administrator? 
(09-25-2015, 01:21 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 12:38 PM)tvguy Wrote: The site is slow for me.. Like 10 to 20 seconds wait every time I click on something. YES Scrapper I think every time this comes up you say I haven't had any issues with the site being slow.

What kind of computer are you using?  And how old is it?  Could it just be that you're using an antiquated computer that just can't keep up?  I don't know.  Just trying to think of ideas.

My PC isn't old. It seems to me that every time this comes up plenty of people other than me notice the slowness.

I'm using an HP, 4 or 5 years old. Craigslist, eBay, google,Facebook, YouTube all come up instantly when I click on them. It's just here that is slow and I think Kam does something and makes it all better.
(09-25-2015, 04:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 01:21 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

My PC isn't old. It seems to me that every time this comes up plenty of people other than me notice the slowness.

I'm using an HP, 4 or 5 years old. Craigslist, eBay, google,Facebook, YouTube all come up instantly when I click on them. It's just here that is slow and I think Kam does something and makes it all better.

Same. I have all the same and they are fine. Just this site is slow. Right now.
Today is worse for me. 7-8 sec lag for pages and 15+ for posting. 
(09-26-2015, 09:03 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Today is worse for me. 7-8 sec lag for pages and 15+ for posting. 

Yep, it is very slow for me too. These slow downs seem to happen more on weekends. Anyway, I am out of here till it speeds up. I plan to take a photo of my winter garden for TVguy to see.  Smiling
Wasn't slow for me UNTIL today. Oh well... off to better things...
(09-26-2015, 09:34 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(09-26-2015, 09:03 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Today is worse for me. 7-8 sec lag for pages and 15+ for posting. 

Yep, it is very slow for me too. These slow downs seem to happen more on weekends. Anyway, I am out of here till it speeds up. I plan to take a photo of my winter garden for TVguy to see.  Smiling

Yeah I'm outta here too, this slow crap is painful for someone as impatient as I am.
(09-26-2015, 10:34 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-26-2015, 09:34 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

Yeah I'm outta here too, this slow crap is painful for someone as impatient as I am.
Me too.
Fast, slow, slow, fast...
Even when it's fast it's kind of slow. (Did Yogi say that?) 
Yup, there was a 5 - 10 second delay for page displays (database read heavy activity) and even worse for posting (database write heavy activity), which leads me to believe that the hosting provider is having disk latency issues.

Most of you will recall that the site used to be like this (or worse) for a while before we last changed hosting providers.  That change fixed it for a while, but it seems every hosting provider we choose eventually has major issues with performance because they all oversubscribe and try to cheap out on upgrades.

"One is never served so well as by oneself"

I've moved the site to my own hosting environment where I manage the hardware, software, and network end-to-end. Hopefully it's faster now. Give a shout if you have any issues.

Thanks,

Kam
(09-30-2015, 11:20 AM)kgasso Wrote: Yup, there was a 5 - 10 second delay for page displays (database read heavy activity) and even worse for posting (database write heavy activity), which leads me to believe that the hosting provider is having disk latency issues.

Most of you will recall that the site used to be like this (or worse) for a while before we last changed hosting providers.  That change fixed it for a while, but it seems every hosting provider we choose eventually has major issues with performance because they all oversubscribe and try to cheap out on upgrades.

"One is never served so well as by oneself"

I've moved the site to my own hosting environment where I manage the hardware, software, and network end-to-end. Hopefully it's faster now. Give a shout if you have any issues.

Thanks,

Kam

It's running very fast now, Thanks a lot. Big Grin
Thanks Kam! 

[Image: tumblr_nmpe9dEeyq1t7lepio1_400.gif]

Laughing
Thanks KAM! Worth avery penny of the $59.95 a month I send to keep my membership up to date.  Laughing

Oh...that's right: We don't PAY to use this site. Well...