Happy February 29th
What do you know about this date? 

If your birthday falls on February 29th, do you celebrate it on February 28th or March 1st?

Some of you complain about Daylight Savings Time and that day only gives you an hour more of one day to adjust to.  

Why doesn't anyone complain when you get 24 hours of time added?

Why do days need to be 24 hours long anyway? 

If there are 1,440 minutes in a day and we have add 1440 minutes every 4 years to make things right, someone screwed up when making the Calendar. Right?  Blink

Anyway, enjoy your extra day everyone. 
(02-29-2016, 06:10 AM)cletus1 Wrote: What do you know about this date? 

If your birthday falls on February 29th, do you celebrate it on February 28th or March 1st?

Some of you complain about Daylight Savings Time and that day only gives you an hour more of one day to adjust to.  

If there are 1,440 minutes in a day and we have add 1440 minutes every 4 years to make things right, someone screwed up when making the Calendar. Right?  Blink

It used to be right, but the earth got shoved further away from the sun causing the year to be longer.
(02-29-2016, 06:18 AM)chuck white Wrote:

It used to be right, but the earth got shoved further away from the sun causing the year to be longer.
When did that happen? There was nothing in the news about that. 
(02-29-2016, 06:21 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

Back when Wonky was just a kid.
(02-29-2016, 06:23 AM)chuck white Wrote:

Oh, OK. I will ask him if he remembers 25 hour days. 
I'm complaining. I need my SS and this extrs day sucks. March means Spring and this delays it a day. Big Grin
(02-29-2016, 06:30 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(02-29-2016, 06:23 AM)chuck white Wrote:

Oh, OK. I will ask him if he remembers 25 hour days. 

I didn't say the day was longer, just the trip around the sun was shorter.
It would seem to be a good argument against Creationism. If the Big Magic Man in the Sky made all this and if he is really infallible, how come he couldn't make the years come out right.   Razz
(02-29-2016, 08:10 PM)Cuzz Wrote: It would seem to be a good argument against Creationism. If the Big Magic Man in the Sky made all this and if he is really infallible, how come he couldn't make the years come out right.   Razz

And why is Pi irrational?
 So now I get to do tomorrow without being charged for that day. Cool. Burp!
This was like my 15th leap day. It just felt like another day to me.
(02-29-2016, 08:53 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(02-29-2016, 08:10 PM)Cuzz Wrote: It would seem to be a good argument against Creationism. If the Big Magic Man in the Sky made all this and if he is really infallible, how come he couldn't make the years come out right.   Razz

And why is Pi irrational?

Nothing irrational about pie. My favorites are rhubarb (without strawberries please) and blackberry. Razz