No wonder Facebook is killing this forum
(04-01-2016, 01:39 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(03-31-2016, 09:15 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(03-31-2016, 07:14 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(03-30-2016, 10:21 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(03-30-2016, 09:46 PM)Juniper Wrote: True. But that's not my only choice to view. There's lots of places to look and see on FB.  It's not 99% of the posts like it is here.

Everyone is welcome to post on any subject they like, but very few do. I think the same 5 or 6 people have posted a new thread in the last 30 days. Of my last 20 threads started, 8 have 1 or fewer replies. The exciting times of my youth are gone, thus so are the stories. My life now is mundane, but that's fine because that is about all I can handle. Perhaps others have different reasons, who knows?
I actually very rarely post threads anymore.  I stopped getting responses, so I don't post them much anymore. I will post in established threads like the TV, Movie, Book, Garden and local news stuff and the loungey stuff.  I just hate the political threads.

I love the political threads, but I am trying to stay fluffy. The political threads are so predictable. 

Well, yeah, you are one one of the main posters in politics. You love them.

I know, I do love politics, I just don't have the same enthusiasm to post fluff like I do for politics. Help me Swami Tia. I want to keep this place alive. 
(04-01-2016, 10:05 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(03-31-2016, 07:14 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(03-30-2016, 10:21 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Everyone is welcome to post on any subject they like, but very few do. I think the same 5 or 6 people have posted a new thread in the last 30 days. Of my last 20 threads started, 8 have 1 or fewer replies. The exciting times of my youth are gone, thus so are the stories. My life now is mundane, but that's fine because that is about all I can handle. Perhaps others have different reasons, who knows?
I actually very rarely post threads anymore.  I stopped getting responses, so I don't post them much anymore. I will post in established threads like the TV, Movie, Book, Garden and local news stuff and the loungey stuff.  I just hate the political threads.

I love the political threads, but I am trying to stay fluffy. The political threads are so predictable. 

I know, I do love politics, I just don't have the same enthusiasm to post fluff like I do for politics. Help me Swami Tia. I want to keep this place alive. 
Well, there seems no shortage of folks who want to discuss them with  you.  
(04-01-2016, 10:24 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(03-31-2016, 07:14 PM)Juniper Wrote: I actually very rarely post threads anymore.  I stopped getting responses, so I don't post them much anymore. I will post in established threads like the TV, Movie, Book, Garden and local news stuff and the loungey stuff.  I just hate the political threads.

Not here . 
(04-01-2016, 10:25 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(03-31-2016, 09:15 PM)cletus1 Wrote: I love the political threads, but I am trying to stay fluffy. The political threads are so predictable. 

Not here . 

Right arm bro."Discuss" being the real issue. My response to Tia is real too. I find talking about my mundane activities with friends pretty normal. Those same conversations here seem kind of empty. I can't be the articulate witty guy here like I try to be with my hang out friends.  
(04-01-2016, 10:53 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 01:39 PM)Juniper Wrote: Well, yeah, you are one one of the main posters in politics. You love them.

Not here . 

Right arm bro."Discuss" being the real issue. My response to Tia is real too. I find talking about my mundane activities with friends pretty normal. Those same conversations here seem kind of empty. I can't be the articulate witty guy here like I try to be with my hang out friends.  

You can talk about gardens! Smiling But it's not just that....I like to discuss many things, but people here do not. Wonky does.  But he can be difficult to discuss with. But he likes to talk about books and movies which I like too. I like to talk about current events and the community. Another dead end.
(04-02-2016, 08:47 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 10:05 PM)cletus1 Wrote: I know, I do love politics, I just don't have the same enthusiasm to post fluff like I do for politics. Help me Swami Tia. I want to keep this place alive. 

Not here . 

You can talk about gardens! Smiling But it's not just that....I like to discuss many things, but people here do not. Wonky does.  But he can be difficult to discuss with. But he likes to talk about books and movies which I like too. I like to talk about current events and the community. Another dead end.

Even when there were a lot of posters here I found it strange that no matter what I posted about it seemed like no one else was interested in. Or very few.

(04-01-2016, 10:05 PM)cletus1 Wrote: I know, I do love politics, I just don't have the same enthusiasm to post fluff like I do for politics. Help me Swami Tia. I want to keep this place alive. 

Not here . 

I like to talk about current events and the community. Another dead end.

Well you are right in the middle of all that and no one else is
(04-02-2016, 11:43 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 10:24 PM)Juniper Wrote: Well, there seems no shortage of folks who want to discuss them with  you.  

Not here . 

We need to have a funeral for the Rogue Valley Forum? When we pick the date, someone should tell Tia. She disappeared off the radar sometime ago. 

Hey Wonky, I know I'm not the boss of you, but could you PM every member and let them know we are having a funeral? You can send PM 5 people at one time so it should take more than a few hours. You're not busy are you?

I think May 30th would be a good day. It's Memorial Day so it kind of works at least for me. Someone tell Larry/Hugo to attend. He will be pissed off that we desecrated Memorial Day by this stunt and will go on a tirade. That too will be cool. 

Sad For the death of our forum. 

Laughing For Larry attending the funeral.
(05-23-2016, 08:47 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 10:25 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Not here . 

We need to have a funeral for the Rogue Valley Forum? When we pick the date, someone should tell Tia. She disappeared off the radar sometime ago. 

Hey Wonky, I know I'm not the boss of you, but could you PM every member and let them know we are having a funeral? You can send PM 5 people at one time so it should take more than a few hours. You're not busy are you?

I think May 30th would be a good day. It's Memorial Day so it kind of works at least for me. Someone tell Larry/Hugo to attend. He will be pissed off that we desecrated Memorial Day by this stunt and will go on a tirade. That too will be cool. 

LOL It's pretty obvious reading the threads today that it is you Cletus who is "not too busy"
(04-01-2016, 10:25 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Not here . 

We don't need no stinking funeral....we are not dead yet, it's just a flesh wound!

[Image: HolyGrail020.jpg]
(05-23-2016, 11:18 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 10:53 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Right arm bro."Discuss" being the real issue. My response to Tia is real too. I find talking about my mundane activities with friends pretty normal. Those same conversations here seem kind of empty. I can't be the articulate witty guy here like I try to be with my hang out friends.  

LOL It's pretty obvious reading the threads today that it is you Cletus who is "not too busy"
That was this morning when I posted and when you were still snoring. I am home for lunch now, but I am busy in my garden and trying to make a dime.  Smiling
(05-23-2016, 11:48 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 10:53 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Right arm bro."Discuss" being the real issue. My response to Tia is real too. I find talking about my mundane activities with friends pretty normal. Those same conversations here seem kind of empty. I can't be the articulate witty guy here like I try to be with my hang out friends.  

We don't need no stinking funeral....we are not dead yet, it's just a flesh wound!

[Image: HolyGrail020.jpg]

Laughing OK it's just a flesh wound the RVF is suffering from, but it's one hellava flesh wound.
We could advertise on craig's list for new memebers
(05-23-2016, 05:22 PM)chuck white Wrote: We could advertise on craig's list for new memebers

It's been done. On Rants and raves by IlC.