Happy Easter
Happy Easter everyone. I hope your Friday was better than Jesus's. 

I don't do much for Easter anymore, but when I was a kid we went to mass and then had a big Easter dinner. I don't remember if I believed much of what they taught me in Catholic School back then, but I don't believe any of it now. 

Easter is great if your're a young kid. You get lots of chocolate, other candy and eggs. Ever try eating a few whole eggs? Memories of Cool Hand Luke. My advice to all of you this Easter is for you to find all those eggs you his before you mow your lawn. 
We have my parental units staying with us and we'll be heading to Portland shortly for an early dinner with all of our kids and grandkiddos. None of that Easter ham, yams and green bean casserole though... We're doing a baked potato bar, soups and salads. We're hoping to use the opportunity to get new family photos taken since we'll all be together. What ever you all choose to do today... I hope you enjoy!
Happy Easter! 

For two hours,  Rolling Eyes  my little one has been not so patiently waiting for the teen sister to drag her butt out of bed so she can hunt eggs. I just heard "I HATE EASTER" roared from the lair.  Laughing

Mrs. Value had to work so I'll be preparing the simplified Easter dinner a little later. Now I need to enjoy my extra large cup of Joe.  Wink
(03-27-2016, 06:39 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Happy Easter everyone. I hope your Friday was better than Jesus's. 

I don't do much for Easter anymore, but when I was a kid we went to mass and then had a big Easter dinner. I don't remember if I believed much of what they taught me in Catholic School back then, but I don't believe any of it now. 

Easter is great if you're a young kid. You get lots of chocolate, other candy and eggs. Ever try eating a few whole eggs? Memories of Cool Hand Luke. My advice to all of you this Easter is for you to find all those eggs you his before you mow your lawn. 

I just hung around all day Friday, kind of like Jesus's day. Blink

what confused me as a kid, was.

How do you figure that from Friday night to Sunday morning is three days.
I really do know, but I always heard that "he was dead for three days" or some variation.

So, what really happened is, he was dead for only, like some 36 hours or less. (sunset Friday, sunrise Sunday)
Woke up, in a tomb. That would freak me out to wake up in a tomb.
(03-27-2016, 06:39 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Happy Easter everyone. I hope your Friday was better than Jesus's. 

Easter is great if your're a young kid. You get lots of chocolate, other candy and eggs. Ever try eating a few whole eggs? Memories of Cool Hand Luke. My advice to all of you this Easter is for you to find all those eggs you his before you mow your lawn. 
I too, celibrated the "traditional" Easter as a young person, singing "Up From The Grave He Arose" at a chuch service where everyone was decked out in thier Easter finest. And like you, I am no longer a "believer". 
But, it's a traditon and we can use all those valued practices we can hold onto. 
For all our Christian friends, I wish you all that you expect form this day and thank you for not insisting (via legislation) that we all honor the story of "Chirst arising". 

And by the bye, how the hell did the "Easter Bunny" get mixed up in all this? Whatever.

Happy Easter. 
(03-27-2016, 09:29 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

I too, celibrated the "traditional" Easter as a young person, singing "Up From The Grave He Arose" at a chuch service where everyone was decked out in thier Easter finest. And like you, I am no longer a "believer". 
But, it's a traditon and we can use all those valued practices we can hold onto. 
For all our Christian friends, I wish you all that you expect form this day and thank you for not insisting (via legislation) that we all honor the story of "Chirst arising". 

And by the bye, how the hell did the "Easter Bunny" get mixed up in all this? Whatever.

Happy Easter. 

There is lots in the tradition of Easter, like Easter hats and dressing up mostly in white and yellow for women. Looking good in church was important and still is in most places. I like the spring colors at Easter time and of course Easter lilies and Easter beer. 

Edit: The sun just came out shining brightly. It must be some kind of sign. 
I will be having a traditional Easter dinner with my Grandparents (95 and 91), my parents (79 and 76) and siblings on down to nieces, nephews, etc on down to babies.....

I am making a bean/bacon casserole to go with the Ham and other traditional foods of the day.

I hope you all have a wonderful day in whatever manner you wish. Happy Easter.
(03-27-2016, 09:48 AM)Someones Dad Wrote: I will be having a traditional Easter dinner with my Grandparents (95 and 91), my parents (79 and 76) and siblings on down to nieces, nephews, etc on down to babies.....

I am making a bean/bacon casserole to go with the Ham and other traditional foods of the day.

I hope you all have a wonderful day in whatever manner you wish.  Happy Easter.

Wow! Your family's genes look good for having a long life. 

We will be having a nice dinner, but we're not going all out like on Thanksgiving. I think it's going to be baked chicken, red potatoes, asparagus and salad and maybe rolls. 
I've had a cup of coffee and a muffin this morning. I'm not sure how to spin that into Easter though. I know, I'll make a hard boiled egg for lunch!   Smiling
(03-27-2016, 10:06 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(03-27-2016, 09:48 AM)Someones Dad Wrote: I will be having a traditional Easter dinner with my Grandparents (95 and 91), my parents (79 and 76) and siblings on down to nieces, nephews, etc on down to babies.....

Wow! Your family's genes look good for having a long life. 

We will be having a nice dinner, but we're not going all out like on Thanksgiving. I think it's going to be baked chicken, red potatoes, asparagus and salad and maybe rolls. 

I hope you are right about the long life!  Grandma still dances the Polka.

I'm sure Ham was a traditional food back in Jesus's day. Big Grin
Quote:"Locust" parents shove, steal kids' candy at Easter egg hunt

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/connecticut-...ids-candy/
(03-27-2016, 11:09 AM)chuck white Wrote:

That's what my mom always served on Easter. It is funny though, come to think of it!   Laughing
I love lamb.
But we always had ham too.
(03-27-2016, 01:02 PM)bbqboy Wrote: I love lamb.
But we always had ham too.

A tradition started by husbands who were hard of hearing.

"Honey get a lamb for Easter. "

"A ham, oh OK."
(03-27-2016, 11:09 AM)chuck white Wrote:

Big Grin  Ya, I get your drift, but like a lot of things it has morphed into being a staple for the Easter dinner.