17,188 Threads
(04-04-2016, 08:48 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(04-04-2016, 08:27 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Jesus, I can hardly stand the news, but watched 2 hours of it anyway. First I let ABC, NBC and CNN frustrate me, then I turned the channel to MSNBC and couldn't stand that either. Right now I'm watching Joe Dirt. It's fits my mood. I love you Joe Dirt! 

Yikes, 2 hours of the news, are you crazy?  I'd rather watch Ishtar Razz

I assume Ishtar was a terrible movie. 

Here is a more accurate description of my morning TV news viewing: I start with Channel 12 and wait for the weather report, then I switch to the women on Channel 5. Bianca Peters is hot. By that time, I switch to the Today's Show witch I usually prefer over Good Morning America with all their pretend laughing and upbeat bullshit attitude. Then it's on to cable news. I do other things while watching the news, like make coffee, update to do lists, and get on my iPad. 

You did read the part of my post about Joe Dirt right? Big Grin
(04-04-2016, 08:27 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Jesus, I can hardly stand the news, but watched 2 hours of it anyway. First I let ABC, NBC and CNN frustrate me, then I turned the channel to MSNBC and couldn't stand that either. Right now I'm watching Joe Dirt. It's fits my mood. I love you Joe Dirt! 

You should have went to Joe Dirt in the first place. At least then you might learn something useful.
I don't don't why anyone is complaining about Ishtar. Not every movie can be as good a Jaws IV or Billy Jack.
(04-04-2016, 11:33 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

Bianca Peters is hot.

Thumbs Up Yes, yes she is....I tune in to chan5 while getting ready for work, for my dose of Bianca and a cup a coffee to wake me up.
Joe Dirt LOL. Funny that the movie came up. Just last night on FB there was a meme

This one...[Image: jg43o9.jpg]

But the Journey fans objected, so I changed it to this.....

[Image: 15320iq.jpg]
(04-04-2016, 11:48 AM)GPnative Wrote:

Bianca Peters is hot.

Thumbs Up Yes, yes she is....I tune in to chan5 while getting ready for work, for my dose of Bianca and a cup a coffee to wake me up.

I don't think she was on when I lived there. Former Miss Malibu.....

[Image: main-qimg-8adf5b0752afc52b233feef3db7cb9..._webp=true]

And model: https://tradeshowmodels.net/model/bianca-peters
(04-04-2016, 11:47 AM)tvguy Wrote: I don't don't why anyone is complaining about Ishtar. Not every movie can be as good a Jaws IV or Billy Jack.

Laughing Laughing I remember seeing Billy Jack in the theater when it was released.   Laughing
(04-04-2016, 08:02 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(04-04-2016, 11:47 AM)tvguy Wrote: I don't don't why anyone is complaining about Ishtar. Not every movie can be as good a Jaws IV or Billy Jack.

Laughing Laughing I remember seeing Billy Jack in the theater when it was released.   Laughing

It was on OTA TV not long ago. Repeatedly.  
(04-04-2016, 09:03 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Yes, I see it played occasionally, but still...!  It was a very popular movie at the time.
(04-04-2016, 09:10 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Yes, I see it played occasionally, but still...!  It was a very popular movie at the time.

Yeah, I remember too. It seems to have lost something over time. When I watched it recently it was kind of corny, but it helped to remember the time in which it was made.
(04-04-2016, 09:22 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Yeah, I remember too. It seems to have lost something over time. When I watched it recently it was kind of corny, but it helped to remember the time in which it was made.

Oh, it's cheesy. What I remember was that it was cool because BillyJack was a bad ass in the day and age of Bruce Lee, using all that kung fu fighting and East meets West philosophy.

Isn't it funny how much things a have changed.
(04-04-2016, 09:22 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

VERY corny LOL.. It's like Rambo. When I watch it now it's a comedy.. Why did a little ski town have 37 cops on the forces LOL

Bianca Peters is hot.

Hey cletus, where the hell is Bianca? I have not seen her on the morning news in weeks. She is still on the KOBI5 web site so I assume she is still employed there. Did she say anything about taking a sabbatical?
(04-02-2016, 08:51 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 11:48 PM)cletus1 Wrote: OK my friends, I fell bad about enjoying a post and not saying anything about the post. For example: I  Like TVguy's posts that are often interesting and or that give me a chuckle, but I don't say so. People like feed back. I will try to do better. I love conservative posters too. They motivate me. Without them, I only have my wife and my few liberal friends to talk to.  Sad

How do you find a vegan at a party? 
You don't have to, he or she will find you.  Big Grin

We come to this space all too often with arguments already formed and because there is no reasonable way to prevent the "honest to god nut jobs" from entering and flooding these pages with the vitriolic and ignorant posts, the place tends to get bogged down in the struggles of it's own making. 

Over the years there has been shouting and screaming about any attempt at moderating conversation here. Until we have some form of preventing the rabid opinionated posts that are too absurd to warrant responses, we will find the numbers here fall off. 

Civil posting and responses will be the life blood of this space, and when (if) that becomes the standard we might attract more who want to interact with us. 

Someone said here recently that they no longer wanted to engage in any kind of political exchanges. Really? I think this is a good place to voice those views, if only we could moderate our tone and attempt to express those views with reasonable dialog and without ugly slander and ignorant expressions of rebuttal. 

But history is, as always, instructive. We've been here before. CLete, I applaud your tone and hope for a "clean well lighted place" to engage with neighbors and friends we find on these pages. It would a real joy to log on here each day and engage in civil and reasonable dialog that informs, stimulates, amuses, (etc) so that we might share the diverse voices that post. 

I confess I'm not optomistic. I hope I'm wrong. 
I posted this in April and got ALL KINDS OF FLACK.
Know what?
I was reminded of it recently and looked again.
I think I'll stand by it. All of it.

(I've checked the batteries in my smoke alarm by the way)  Razz
(06-02-2016, 07:56 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 11:48 PM)cletus1 Wrote: OK my friends, I fell bad about enjoying a post and not saying anything about the post. For example: I  Like TVguy's posts that are often interesting and or that give me a chuckle, but I don't say so. People like feed back. I will try to do better. I love conservative posters too. They motivate me. Without them, I only have my wife and my few liberal friends to talk to.  Sad

We come to this space all too often with arguments already formed and because there is no reasonable way to prevent the "honest to god nut jobs" from entering and flooding these pages with the vitriolic and ignorant posts, the place tends to get bogged down in the struggles of it's own making. 

Over the years there has been shouting and screaming about any attempt at moderating conversation here. Until we have some form of preventing the rabid opinionated posts that are too absurd to warrant responses, we will find the numbers here fall off. 

Civil posting and responses will be the life blood of this space, and when (if) that becomes the standard we might attract more who want to interact with us. 

Someone said here recently that they no longer wanted to engage in any kind of political exchanges. Really? I think this is a good place to voice those views, if only we could moderate our tone and attempt to express those views with reasonable dialog and without ugly slander and ignorant expressions of rebuttal. 

But history is, as always, instructive. We've been here before. CLete, I applaud your tone and hope for a "clean well lighted place" to engage with neighbors and friends we find on these pages. It would a real joy to log on here each day and engage in civil and reasonable dialog that informs, stimulates, amuses, (etc) so that we might share the diverse voices that post. 

Know what?

Video killed the Radio Star. (A metaphor for discussion forums) Forums everywhere are fading. There are a few big ones that still stand.
(06-02-2016, 07:03 AM)GPnative Wrote:

Bianca Peters is hot.

Hey cletus, where the hell is Bianca? I have not seen her on the morning news in weeks. She is still on the KOBI5 web site so I assume she is still employed there. Did she say anything about taking a sabbatical?
Well GPnative, I checked the website last week myself. I am a dedicated fan so I wanted to see if she was still at Channel 5. She posted on Twitter on May 30th from Chicago. It appears she was at a Cubs game.
(06-02-2016, 08:15 AM)Juniper Wrote:

Know what?

Video killed the Radio Star. (A metaphor for discussion forums) Forums everywhere are fading. There are a few big ones that still stand.

Yep. 

Hey Wonk, what do you mean the vegan will find you? I don't get it.
(06-02-2016, 09:29 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(06-02-2016, 07:03 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(04-04-2016, 08:48 AM)GPnative Wrote: Yikes, 2 hours of the news, are you crazy?  I'd rather watch Ishtar Razz

Bianca Peters is hot.

Well GPnative, I checked the website last week myself. I am a dedicated fan so I wanted to see if she was still at Channel 5. She posted on Twitter on May 30th from Chicago. It appears she was at a Cubs game.

Well, KOBI should do us fans a favor then and at least have a card board cut out of her in the frame with a countdown clock until her return. Wink

Know what?

I puked a little in my mouth once again the same shit from Wonky. I used to wonder how anyone could dislike him. It just took me longer to get sick to death of the way he talks down to people.