Pear Blossom Festival
I have never seen the parade or been to any of the events connected to the festival and I don't plan to start now. I don't even like pear blossoms. Anyone planning on going there can tell me what I am missing; photos welcome. 

Enjoy your beautiful Saturday RVF.  Smiling
I won't. But I'm stuck in it. Where I live, during the festival I am trapped. I can neither go east, north east, or south. There's a small corridor to escape north east in but since it's the only way, EVERYONE is using it so it's crazy. I can head west and detour away for a while and get out. It's usually a mess. I'm three blocks from that parade, but honestly I hate it and if I want to see something I'll turn on the television. The Pear blossom is the worst small town parade. And what's funny about it is that the organizers don't seem to understand what's wrong with it or what needs fixing. I could tell em! Big Grin
(04-09-2016, 09:22 AM)Juniper Wrote: I won't. But I'm stuck in it.  Where I live, during the festival I am trapped. I can neither go east, north east, or south.  There's a small corridor to escape north east in but since it's the only way, EVERYONE is using it so it's crazy.  I can head west and detour away for a while and get out.  It's usually a mess.  I'm three blocks from that parade, but honestly I hate it and if I want to see something I'll turn on the television.  The Pear blossom is the worst small town parade.  And what's funny about it is that the organizers don't seem to understand what's wrong with it or what needs fixing.  I could tell em! Big Grin

Now that's what I call a response.  

Your post reminds me of my friend that lived on Park Street in Grants Pass. He hated boatnic. He let me use his pass last year so I could park close to the boatnic festival while he left the area or binge watched TV shows. And my friend that lives very close to the rear fence at the Britt Festival. She said she like it for the first 4 or 5 years. This summer is year 28 in that house for her husband and her and they both feel very differently.  Big Grin
(04-09-2016, 09:38 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(04-09-2016, 09:22 AM)Juniper Wrote: I won't. But I'm stuck in it.  Where I live, during the festival I am trapped. I can neither go east, north east, or south.  There's a small corridor to escape north east in but since it's the only way, EVERYONE is using it so it's crazy.  I can head west and detour away for a while and get out.  It's usually a mess.  I'm three blocks from that parade, but honestly I hate it and if I want to see something I'll turn on the television.  The Pear blossom is the worst small town parade.  And what's funny about it is that the organizers don't seem to understand what's wrong with it or what needs fixing.  I could tell em! Big Grin

Now that's what I call a response.  

Your post reminds me of my friend that lived on Park Street in Grants Pass. He hated boatnic. He let me use his pass last year so I could park close to the boatnic festival while he left the area or binge watched TV shows. And my friend that lives very close to the rear fence at the Britt Festival. She said she like it for the first 4 or 5 years. This summer is year 28 in that house for her husband and her and they both feel very differently.  Big Grin

And those neighbors have made it so that there really isn't much point to go to the Britt. I don't really  go much anymore.  The last time I went I was quite disappointed.
I posted a question over on Wars about the pear blossom. How do people feel about it? I got this response. " Would rather roll on a ant hill, through a bee hive, and set myself on fire."
I have never gone, and safe to say I never will. I'd rather sit home and sip on pear cider.
(04-09-2016, 06:28 PM)GPnative Wrote: I have never gone, and safe to say I never will. I'd rather sit home and sip on pear cider.

I've never been to Boatnik.
(04-09-2016, 08:02 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(04-09-2016, 06:28 PM)GPnative Wrote: I have never gone, and safe to say I never will. I'd rather sit home and sip on pear cider.

I've never sipped on a pear cider. 
(04-09-2016, 08:49 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

I'm pretty sure I haven't either.
I've slapped a bare spider either ........burp
(04-09-2016, 10:25 PM)tvguy Wrote: I've slapped a bare spider either ........burp

Yep. Think I've done that.  
Quote:I've slapped a bare spider either ........burp

Yep,,,,the reply button round here is malfunctioning.

My daughter does that all the time. And we have a house FULL of spiders.  She'll just reach over and smack it or smash it with her open hand.  HUGE spiders too.
(04-10-2016, 10:36 AM)Juniper Wrote:
Quote:I've slapped a bare spider either ........burp

Yep,,,,the reply button round here is malfunctioning.

My daughter does that all the time. And we have a house FULL of spiders.  She'll just reach over and smack it or smash it with her open hand.  HUGE spiders too.

Yeah we have those brown house spiders who run around and hunt instead of making a web. I see them at night when the lights are low. The only chance to kill them is to react instantly and kill them with your hand. I would rather do that then let them get away.
I've done the same thing to bees and black widows and never been stung or bitten.
Those sound like aggressive house spiders. They will chase YOU.  And they can have a poisonous bite. My house is infested with them.
(04-10-2016, 12:23 PM)Juniper Wrote: Those sound like aggressive house spiders. They will chase YOU.  And they can have a poisonous bite. My house is infested with them.
Get some praying mantis and let them loose in the house.

(Let us know if that works) Rolling Eyes
(04-10-2016, 12:29 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(04-10-2016, 12:23 PM)Juniper Wrote: Those sound like aggressive house spiders. They will chase YOU.  And they can have a poisonous bite. My house is infested with them.
Get some praying mantis and let them loose in the house.

(Let us know if that works) Rolling Eyes

OK Thumbs Up  

My wife had a spider sit beside her which made her eyes go wider and spill her pear cider. Burp your own self.  Big Grin
(04-10-2016, 08:30 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Laughing Razz

My wife had a spider sit beside her which made her eyes go wider and spill her pear cider. Burp your own self.  Big Grin

You should, they are tasty....and since they are brewed with pears, I am pretty sure they are healthy Razz
(04-11-2016, 07:54 AM)GPnative Wrote:

You should, they are tasty....and since they are brewed with pears, I am pretty sure they are healthy Razz

Mmm pears. Brandy Peak Distillery makes pear brandy right here in Southern Oregon. Maybe I could start there and work my way up to pear cider.  Big Grin