One Car Crash Too Many
From todays (4/20) Medford Mail Tribune. 

A car crashed into the rear of a Medford liquor store Tuesday afternoon when the driver lost consciousness, but no one appeared to have been injured
<snip>

'I don't really know what happened,' Lara said. 'All I remember is coming to when someone was at my window, and my car was destroyed, and there was Chinese food everywhere.'
Lara said she has a history of spells that cause her to lose consciousness for about 30 seconds. She said the crash didn't snap her out of her spell. Both airbags in the late '90s Dodge sedan deployed, but she said she felt fine. Lara was alone in the car.
'That's the strangest part is I don't feel like anything really happened,' Lara said.
Lara said she doesn't plan to drive again anytime soon.
'I don't want to put anyone else in danger,' she said.

Well yeah, Laura, but a bit late don't you think? 

And still...

Reminds me of our ballot measure for more funds to provide public transportation. What about folks (like Laura) that may need to get to work, see a doctor, buy food, etc, and have no one to drive them. And I'd guess many don't have extra money for the frequent cab trips required if one can't drive. 

So Laura, I think you were not responsible and you did put other lives at risk. And still, I have some sympthaty for your plight. 

Our "metropolitan area" is somewhere around 100,000 folks. We should be able to provide a better public transportation system. Or risk having somone like Laura hit us head on. 
My guess is that she will have her license revoked or have whatever limitation they do for people with seizures and such. Although that may not keep her out of a car.