Prince, The Musician Dead at 57
Forgive me if this is a diversion and causes the Thread to jump the tracks. I know this is about Prince, and I understand his immense and lasting popularity. 

But I could never warm to his work or his voice. I guess it might be a generational thing: Now in my late 70's I may simply be unable to get tunned into his work. 

I'd be curious to know if many younger people failed to "connect" to him. Maybe it's "Taste" and not necessarly an age thing. 

Whatever...I hear the many news reports praising his work, so I know and understand he had broad appeal. And he died far too young. 

For those of you who admired him and found some inspiration in his work, I understand your feeling of loss.
Some where I read, Prince had a double hip replacement. But, the article said it could not be confirmed. Perhaps this article in Variety sheds light on the truth. https://www.yahoo.com/news/prince-report...40385.html

The autopsy for Prince has been completed, but completed toxicology tests are likely to take weeks, according to the Midwest Medical Examiners Office. The office began the autopsy at 9 a.m. CDT and it was completed at 1 p.m. local time.

The body will be released to family later today, the office said in a statement that continued:

“As part of a complete exam, relevant information regarding Mr. Nelson’s medical and family history will be gathered. Anything which could be relevant to the investigation will be taken into consideration. Midwest Medical Examiners Office will not release information until the exam is complete and all results are obtained. Gathering the results will take several days and the results of a full toxicology scan could likely take weeks.”

Prince reportedly overdosed on Percocet just days before he was found dead on Thursday in Minnesota. He was using the drug to treat a hip problem tied to corrective surgery in 2010, according to TMZ.

Prince’s jet plane made an emergency landing in Moline, Ill., last Friday due to a medical emergency. His rep told Variety at the time that the singer was struggling with the flu.

But, according to the new report, Prince had to receive a “save shot,” an injection or nasal spray to treat drug overdoses, at the airport.

He was also seen pacing outside a Walgreen’s the day before his death.

Percocet is a highly-addictive painkiller that treats moderate to severe pain. It’s a combination of acetaminophen and oxycodone.

Authorities found Prince unresponsive in an elevator when they arrived Thursday morning, responding to a 911 call. First responders tried CPR, but were unable to revive the pop star and he was pronounced dead at 10:07 a.m.

Police are continuing to investigate the circumstances surrounding Prince’s death. His autopsy will be performed on Friday.
(04-22-2016, 01:08 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Forgive me if this is a diversion and causes the Thread to jump the tracks. I know this is about Prince, and I understand his immense and lasting popularity. 

But I could never warm to his work or his voice. I guess it might be a generational thing: Now in my late 70's I may simply be unable to get tunned into his work. 

I'd be curious to know if many younger people failed to "connect" to him. Maybe it's "Taste" and not necessarly an age thing. 

Whatever...I hear the many news reports praising his work, so I know and understand he had broad appeal. And he died far too young. 

For those of you who admired him and found some inspiration in his work, I understand your feeling of loss.

Oh, I've never been a Prince fan. He's fine and he's a consummate artist, but not my kind of artist.  the Media is having a  hay day with this. Much more so than Bowie. I suppose because they are dying for there to be a scandal.
Who? Prince of what?
Elitist at their best.
(04-22-2016, 05:11 PM)tvguy Wrote: Who? Prince of what?

What ever Elvis was king of, I think.
chuck white

I couldn't watch more then a minute worth. I could feel my brain cells dying.  Sad
(04-24-2016, 08:44 PM)Cuzz Wrote: chuck white

I couldn't watch more then a minute worth. I could feel my brain cells dying.  Sad

I went one step further, and never even cllicked on it.
The worst thing about Prince is how much he loved doing crossword puzzles.
(04-25-2016, 06:44 AM)bbqboy Wrote: The worst thing about Prince is how much he loved doing crossword puzzles.

Find a four letter word for Snarky.
(04-25-2016, 07:28 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(04-25-2016, 06:44 AM)bbqboy Wrote: The worst thing about Prince is how much he loved doing crossword puzzles.

Wonk.
(04-25-2016, 08:42 AM)bbqboy Wrote:

Wonk.

BwaHaHaHa!!!  Laughing
EXCLUSIVE: Prince's former drug dealer tells how the legend spent $40,000 at a time on six-month supplies of Dilaudid pills and Fentanyl patches - highly addictive opioid pain killers - for 25 years Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3555292/Prince-s-former-drug-dealer-reveals-extent-addiction.html#ixzz46rDmeUPQ Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Both wonderful drugs. What's your point?

Wonk.
Bingo.
(04-25-2016, 09:50 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Wonk.
Bingo.
Bingo has five letters.
(04-25-2016, 09:48 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Both wonderful drugs. What's your point?

Maybe in a perfect world, responsible adults could use any and all drugs they choose. And in that same world they would take total and complete responsibility for the drugs they ingest. 
I'd guess Prince could afford any and all drugs he wanted. If his drug use cost anyone else, in whatever way, I hope his estate will settle it. 

Main thought: Get the government(s) out of the "business" of attempting to control drugs. 

On another note: Responsible adults should not have to see physcians to prescribe or refilll prescription medicines. Some may want to get the advice of thier doctors for the medications, but all too often doctors know little about medicines and the anicdotal evidence of prescribing the wrong stuff is legion. Often, pharmacists know more about medications, and a better (much better!) relationship between care providrers and sellers of healing drugs would be a much better option. The more important concern is our guarantee that the drugs we buy are pure and exactly what they are represented to be. 

But, I recognize this as a "slipperly slope" and offer it up for what it's worth. Maybe not much. Maybe important.
(04-25-2016, 10:14 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Maybe in a perfect world, responsible adults could use any and all drugs they choose. And in that same world they would take total and complete responsibility for the drugs they ingest. 
I'd guess Prince could afford any and all drugs he wanted. If his drug use cost anyone else, in whatever way, I hope his estate will settle it. 

Main thought: Get the government(s) out of the "business" of attempting to control drugs. 

On another note: Responsible adults should not have to see physcians to prescribe or refilll prescription medicines. Some may want to get the advice of thier doctors for the medications, but all too often doctors know little about medicines and the anicdotal evidence of prescribing the wrong stuff is legion. Often, pharmacists know more about medications, and a better (much better!) relationship between care providrers and sellers of healing drugs would be a much better option. The more important concern is our guarantee that the drugs we buy are pure and exactly what they are represented to be. 

But, I recognize this as a "slipperly slope" and offer it up for what it's worth. Maybe not much. Maybe important.

Prince was a Jehovah witness and used his wealth to help others a lot. I'm sure that will all be out soon. I don't think his addiction to pain killers caused anyone else any problems. 

Anyway I don't understand your thinking considering how many people are addicted to prescription drugs already.
It's become a massive problem and I can't even imagine how bad it would be if they were any easier to get.
(04-25-2016, 10:24 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-25-2016, 10:14 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Prince was a Jehovah witness and used his wealth to help others a lot. I'm sure that will all be out soon. I don't think his addiction to pain killers caused anyone else any problems. 

Anyway I don't understand your thinking considering how many people are addicted to prescription drugs already.
It's become a massive problem and I can't even imagine how bad it would be if they were any easier to get.
They are already easy to get. 
And I've got a couple of horror stories about physicians and meds. No doubt, this effects my attitude. 
Without a doubt, open to debate.