Yet another topic about cops/bad guys
(05-23-2016, 11:10 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-23-2016, 09:40 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(05-15-2016, 01:55 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-15-2016, 09:32 AM)This happenedWonky3 Wrote:
(05-14-2016, 09:34 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: I think you're missing your own verb.  Which gives credence to tvguy's parsing.  You already JUDGED the cop.
I guess I did. Poor choice of words that didn't quite express my feelings about all this. I wish I had not used the word "bet" and phrased this thing differently. 
What remains is we dont' know the facts of the initial conversation between the policeman and the pot smoker. In light of all the media attention the police have been subjected to, I know they (most at least) have been training in ways to not allow interactions to escalate unnecessary. 
In short, I was just wondering how the cop may have approached the low-life butt head, and if there was any chance the policeman may have not applied the training he has received, if in fact he has had training. 
Whatever. It was only a curious  observation and I didn't mean to suggest the policeman was more at fault thay the pot smoker. 

We may never know.

Big Grin Yeah we probably won't ever know. But one thing we know. This guy who punched a cop who has no criminal history will sure as hell have one now.
As a convicted felon.
He may have done something he deeply regrets OR he'll go the other route like so many do today. Place the blame on someone else by rationalizing that somehow it wasn't his fault.
It seem to be the new American way.

I have a neighbor who's dogs were is constantly running loose.They would be running up and down the street at night and making my dog bark and waking me up at all hours.
This happened several times( I bet about 10 times) until I finally called animal control.
Animal control came out and the neighbor's gave up the mother dog and it's pup because they had no licenses and no shots.

A couple or weeks later they now have a new dog and it's loose over and over and over  and at my house at all hours.
So the neighbor guy catches me throwing a stick at his dog trying to make it go home and he flips me off.

A couple of days later I drive by his house and he calls me an asshole. So I got out and asked him what his problem was. He threatened to catch me somewhere and beat my ass. So I told him what I thought about a tough guy who wants to beat up a 64 year old man and how he could end up DEAD.
Next my wife goes and talks to the guys wife and explained that all this is unnecessary and won't end well.

So after the dog is loose AGAIN at least 6 more times I called animal control. So  few days later the girl flags me down and starts to lecture me that people make mistakes and do I think I'm perfect.
I couldn't get a word in and said if you won't allow me to speak I'm leaving. She said she wouldn't because she had no respect for me.
So I drove off. Three days later, This morning their dog was in my yard and woke me up at the crack of dawn.

I have a photo of their dog MY yard. I'm not sure what I'll do at this point. If I call animal control again I think the kids might lose their pet.
My entire point here is that.. I'll bet you anything that these people STILL think I am the bad guy.

You're neighbor seems to be a low life, scum sucking, shit talking asshole. What you need to do is nothing. Call my friends at Behavior Modification Inc. They simply take a photo of the future victim and that's it. They like beating the shit out of people like that. In fact, they like beating the crap out of anyone and for no reason.  Big Grin

Big Grin Unfortunately What we have here are people who won't accept responsibility for their own actions. Instead they rationalize. I have friends who do the same thing about their landlord another about his doctors.

I know I sound like a conservative but what can I say? I admit many of the things they say are very true.

I, for one, don't think you sound like a "conservative". No matter what one's political views and attitudes, it's important that we all take responsibiity for our conduct.
[Image: resized_creepy-willy-wonka-meme-generato...54466e.jpg]
(05-24-2016, 10:01 AM)BeerMe Wrote: [Image: resized_creepy-willy-wonka-meme-generato...54466e.jpg]

I frequenty wonder about the "flow" of comments here. I'm curious to know if this post is in any way a comment about the previous post. 
Not that is matters: Only curious.
(05-24-2016, 07:27 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(05-15-2016, 01:55 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-15-2016, 09:32 AM)This happenedWonky3 Wrote: I guess I did. Poor choice of words that didn't quite express my feelings about all this. I wish I had not used the word "bet" and phrased this thing differently. 
What remains is we dont' know the facts of the initial conversation between the policeman and the pot smoker. In light of all the media attention the police have been subjected to, I know they (most at least) have been training in ways to not allow interactions to escalate unnecessary. 
In short, I was just wondering how the cop may have approached the low-life butt head, and if there was any chance the policeman may have not applied the training he has received, if in fact he has had training. 
Whatever. It was only a curious  observation and I didn't mean to suggest the policeman was more at fault thay the pot smoker. 

We may never know.

Big Grin Yeah we probably won't ever know. But one thing we know. This guy who punched a cop who has no criminal history will sure as hell have one now.
As a convicted felon.
He may have done something he deeply regrets OR he'll go the other route like so many do today. Place the blame on someone else by rationalizing that somehow it wasn't his fault.

I have a neighbor who's dogs were is constantly running loose.They would be running up and down the street at night and making my dog bark and waking me up at all hours.
This happened several times( I bet about 10 times) until I finally called animal control.
Animal control came out and the neighbor's gave up the mother dog and it's pup because they had no licenses and no shots.

A couple or weeks later they now have a new dog and it's loose over and over and over  and at my house at all hours.
So the neighbor guy catches me throwing a stick at his dog trying to make it go home and he flips me off.

A couple of days later I drive by his house and he calls me an asshole. So I got out and asked him what his problem was. He threatened to catch me somewhere and beat my ass. So I told him what I thought about a tough guy who wants to beat up a 64 year old man and how he could end up DEAD.
Next my wife goes and talks to the guys wife and explained that all this is unnecessary and won't end well.

So after the dog is loose AGAIN at least 6 more times I called animal control. So  few days later the girl flags me down and starts to lecture me that people make mistakes and do I think I'm perfect.
I couldn't get a word in and said if you won't allow me to speak I'm leaving. She said she wouldn't because she had no respect for me.
So I drove off. Three days later, This morning their dog was in my yard and woke me up at the crack of dawn.

I have a photo of their dog MY yard. I'm not sure what I'll do at this point. If I call animal control again I think the kids might lose their pet.
My entire point here is that.. I'll bet you anything that these people STILL think I am the bad guy.

You're neighbor seems to be a low life, scum sucking, shit talking asshole. What you need to do is nothing. Call my friends at Behavior Modification Inc. They simply take a photo of the future victim and that's it. They like beating the shit out of people like that. In fact, they like beating the crap out of anyone and for no reason.  Big Grin

Big Grin Unfortunately What we have here are people who won't accept responsibility for their own actions. Instead they rationalize. I have friends who do the same thing about their landlord another about his doctors.

I know I sound like a conservative but what can I say? I admit many of the things they say are very true.

I, for one, don't think you sound like a "conservative". No matter what one's political views and attitudes, it's important that we all take responsibiity for our conduct.

OK. It just seems to me that the take responsibility for your own actions thing is a big concern or issue with conservatives. I'm not saying it's not true for liberals.
(05-24-2016, 01:20 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-15-2016, 01:55 PM)tvguy Wrote: Big Grin Yeah we probably won't ever know. But one thing we know. This guy who punched a cop who has no criminal history will sure as hell have one now.
As a convicted felon.

OK. It just seems to me that the take responsibility for your own actions thing is a big concern or issue with conservatives. I'm not saying it's not true for liberals.
Yeah, I got that. It's something I admire about the "conservative movement". I suspect that too many liberals embrace freedom without equal amounts of responsibly. That may be far too general, but it's a "ballpark" observation that I've noticed. 
Yes, I consider myself "liberal and progressive". I try to be responsible for my actions. I fail at times, but try.
(05-24-2016, 04:11 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(05-23-2016, 09:40 AM)cletus1 Wrote: You're neighbor seems to be a low life, scum sucking, shit talking asshole. What you need to do is nothing. Call my friends at Behavior Modification Inc. They simply take a photo of the future victim and that's it. They like beating the shit out of people like that. In fact, they like beating the crap out of anyone and for no reason.  Big Grin

Yeah, I got that. It's something I admire about the "conservative movement". I suspect that too many liberals embrace freedom without equal amounts of responsibly. That may be far too general, but it's a "ballpark" observation that I've noticed. 
Yes, I consider myself "liberal and progressive". I try to be responsible for my actions. I fail at times, but try.

Just curious.... Do you see Conservatives embracing their responsibilities or just accusing Liberals of not being responsible?
(05-24-2016, 06:21 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(05-23-2016, 11:10 AM)tvguy Wrote: Big Grin Unfortunately What we have here are people who won't accept responsibility for their own actions. Instead they rationalize. I have friends who do the same thing about their landlord another about his doctors.

Just curious.... Do you see Conservatives embracing their responsibilities or just accusing Liberals of not being responsible?
Yeah, good point, but I do know some conservative folks who are good citizens, behave responsibility, and also support social programs like Social Security, public education, programs to train folks who were "downsized", and other programs that require tax money. Good responsible citizens come from both (all) camps I think.
(05-24-2016, 09:16 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(05-24-2016, 07:27 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: I, for one, don't think you sound like a "conservative". No matter what one's political views and attitudes, it's important that we all take responsibiity for our conduct.

Yeah, good point, but I do know some conservative folks who are good citizens, behave responsibility, and also support social programs like Social Security, public education, programs to train folks who were "downsized", and other programs that require tax money. Good responsible citizens come from both (all) camps I think.

Yeah, I think so too.
(05-24-2016, 09:26 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(05-24-2016, 01:20 PM)tvguy Wrote: OK. It just seems to me that the take responsibility for your own actions thing is a big concern or issue with conservatives. I'm not saying it's not true for liberals.

Yeah, I think so too.
What the hell. We're better then them. Didn't you get the memo?    Smiling
(05-24-2016, 09:47 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(05-24-2016, 09:26 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(05-24-2016, 04:11 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Yeah, I got that. It's something I admire about the "conservative movement". I suspect that too many liberals embrace freedom without equal amounts of responsibly. That may be far too general, but it's a "ballpark" observation that I've noticed. 

Yeah, I think so too.
What the hell. We're better then them. Didn't you get the memo?    Smiling

I did! Matter of fact I get memo's each and every day from Hillary, E. Warren, et al, and they all tell me what I already know. 
I won't vote for Trump.
I won't vote for Senator Sanders. (But I like much of what he says. Too bad it's unworkable and can't ever happen)
So I'll vote for Mrs. Clinton. 
But there is trouble brewing in the countryside and the vitriolic shouting of both (all) sides is going to have to be drowned out by the real concerns of "ordinary" people who have realisitc expections about what government can provide and what things are beyond the scope of what we should expect from our federal government.
Memo???
(05-25-2016, 07:30 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Memo???

Memorandum. When you don't need to write a letter. I used to work in the "corporate world" and they sent a blizzard of Memo's every day. Couldn't get any work done because of all the Memo reading. I stopped reading them and work became a lot better.
(05-26-2016, 08:24 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Memorandum. When you don't need to write a letter. I used to work in the "corporate world" and they sent a blizzard of Memo's every day. Couldn't get any work done because of all the Memo reading. I stopped reading them and work became a lot better.

I know what a memo is. I just seem to have missed it. Smiling

Condescend much?  Yes. Yes you do.  In fact, it's your MO.  (Modus operandi is a Latin phrase, approximately translated as "method of operation". The term is used to describe someone's habits of working, particularly in the context of business or criminal investigations. In English, it is often shortened to M.O.....) See how I just did it to you?

Actually, it's MORE than just your MO.  It's your entire personality.  If you couldn't belittle others, you would have nothing to say.
Quote: It's Now A Hate Crime To Target Police Officers

The law is a win for the so-called Blue Lives Matter movement,

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2...e-officers
(05-26-2016, 07:44 PM).chuck white Wrote:

Looks like hate crime laws will be going the same way as sex offender laws.

You don't need to commit a hate crime to be convicted of a hate crime. And you don't need to commit a sex crime to be a sex offender.

Maybe I just don't understand these laws and should go to church. I bet they would try to set me straight.   Dry
(05-26-2016, 08:33 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(05-26-2016, 07:44 PM).chuck white Wrote:

Looks like hate crime laws will be going the same way as sex offender laws.

You don't need to commit a hate crime to be convicted of a hate crime. And you don't need to commit a sex crime to be a sex offender.

Maybe I just don't understand these laws and should go to church. I bet they would try to set me straight.   Dry
Like targeting police officers was a problem and people were getting away with harassing cops. Jeez, those ass backwards hillbilly states never cease to amaze me. 

Poor cops, they are so mistreated. People have the audacity to video cops shooting unarmed people running away from them, or beating the shit out of people they pull over for no good reason and it's just not right.  Laughing
(05-26-2016, 07:36 PM)Hugo Wrote:

Condescend much?  Yes. Yes you do.  In fact, it's your MO.  (Modus operandi is a Latin phrase, approximately translated as "method of operation". The term is used to describe someone's habits of working, particularly in the context of business or criminal investigations. In English, it is often shortened to M.O.....) See how I just did it to you?

Actually, it's MORE than just your MO.  It's your entire personality.  If you couldn't belittle others, you would have nothing to say.
How sad your life must be. 
Of course I was not explaining a memo. Cuzz used a question mark and "tongue planted firmly in cheek", I "explained" it.  And as a sidebar I was reflecting on my time on the job when we were flooded witht the damn things and how glad I am that I no longer have to deal with them. 
But I guess you didn't get the memo. You so often don't.