OMMP Explains Reporting Requirement-Grants Pass May 24th
A representative from the OMMP will be at the Josephine County Library on May 24 at 10:30 and 11:30 to explain how to report in accordance with the new medical marijuana law. If you only grow 6 plants for yourself at your own residence, you are exempt from reporting, but if you grow on a site that is not your residence or has more than one grower, you must report starting in July. Accounts need to be set up by June 10th. This is a public service announcement from Cletus. Big Grin
(05-23-2016, 08:00 AM)cletus1 Wrote: A representative from the OMMP will be at the Josephine County Library on May 24 at 10:30 and 11:30 to explain how to report in accordance with the new medical marijuana law. If you only grow 6 plants for yourself at your own residence, you are exempt from reporting, but if you grow on a site that is not your residence or has more than one grower, you must report starting in July. Accounts need to be set up by June 10th. This is a public service announcement from Cletus.  Big Grin

In Jackson county if you are out of the city (urban growers) and you grow medical MJ... you have to pay 1500 for a permit.

I think this is insane. These people have been growing for years and NOW that it's legal to grow four plants for recreational use they go after the medical growers?
(05-23-2016, 11:21 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-23-2016, 08:00 AM)cletus1 Wrote: A representative from the OMMP will be at the Josephine County Library on May 24 at 10:30 and 11:30 to explain how to report in accordance with the new medical marijuana law. If you only grow 6 plants for yourself at your own residence, you are exempt from reporting, but if you grow on a site that is not your residence or has more than one grower, you must report starting in July. Accounts need to be set up by June 10th. This is a public service announcement from Cletus.  Big Grin

In Jackson county if you are out of the city (urban growers) and you grow medical MJ... you have to pay 1500 for a permit.

I think this is insane. These people have been growing for years and NOW that it's legal to grow four plants for recreational use they go after the medical growers?

It is nuts and it is worse than just high permit fees. Regulations adopted by the Jackson County will basically prevent growing except on non residential farm and forest land. Most of the current medical grow sites are on rural residential property in Jackson County. Jackson County is being sued over those regulations. Check them out. 

http://www.mailtribune.com/article/20160.../160319732
Here are the reporting requirements. It's pretty intense. 

https://public.health.oregon.gov/Disease...aining.pdf
(05-25-2016, 12:34 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Here are the reporting requirements. It's pretty intense. 

https://public.health.oregon.gov/Disease...aining.pdf

It doesn't seem too intense to me. You open an account with them and just report the crap they want to know each month. Seems like once you are all signed up it should be easy peasy.
If you want legitimacy for medical marijuana, especially some of these massive grows, it does not seem to much to ask to me. There is lots of hoops and red tape for everything medical related, no reason for MM to be any different. The growers just have to buck up and realize there is going to be red tape, fees, etc. if they expected to grow/sell a medical product as easy as growing corn, sorry, not gonna happen.
Who cares anymore, just grow the stuff.
(05-25-2016, 01:56 PM)GPnative Wrote: If you want legitimacy for medical marijuana, especially some of these massive grows, it does not seem to much to ask to me. There is lots of hoops and red tape for everything medical related, no reason for MM to be any different. The growers just have to buck up and realize there is going to be red tape, fees, etc. if they expected to grow/sell a medical product as easy as growing corn, sorry, not gonna happen.

All fine unless you are a near illiterate grower/patient that does not have access to a computer or are too mentally challenged to make it to the library to use their computers. I am not faulting the new process, all I said is that it is rather intense. 

However, on this forum you are either for or against something. And we go to that place immeadiately. When a person wants to talk about an issue, the first thing we seem to want to know is if they are for or against it. Maybe they don't yet know. 

In this case it does not matter if you are against it. The law is clear. Everyone thinks about the growers that grow a lot of pot. Well let me tell you what the new law really does. It now allows growers to keep the pot. The grower simple has to report enventory. When the grower gives a certain amount to the patient he reports the transfer. How's that for tightening the regulations? The growers own the weed. Woohoo!
(05-25-2016, 08:38 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(05-25-2016, 01:56 PM)GPnative Wrote: If you want legitimacy for medical marijuana, especially some of these massive grows, it does not seem to much to ask to me. There is lots of hoops and red tape for everything medical related, no reason for MM to be any different. The growers just have to buck up and realize there is going to be red tape, fees, etc. if they expected to grow/sell a medical product as easy as growing corn, sorry, not gonna happen.

All fine unless you are a near illiterate grower/patient that does not have access to a computer or are too mentally challenged to make it to the library to use their computers. I am not faulting the new process, all I said is that it is rather intense. 

However, on this forum you are either for or against something. And we go to that place immeadiately. When a person wants to talk about an issue, the first thing we seem to want to know is if they are for or against it. Maybe they don't yet know. 

In this case it does not matter if you are against it. The law is clear. Everyone thinks about the growers that grow a lot of pot. Well let me tell you what the new law really does. It now allows growers to keep the pot. The grower simple has to report enventory. When the grower gives a certain amount to the patient he reports the transfer. How's that for tightening the regulations? The growers own the weed. Woohoo!

I thought my post was clear....I am not against it. I guess if I am against anything it's the growers who constantly bitch about the rules and regulations being put in place for the medicinal industry they lobbied for in the first place. They should be happy they don't have to grow wild wild west style any more under threat of black hawks and Feds coming in and wiping out their entire grow.  If you have to go on the web and report some data, bfd.
And the idea of being near illiterate or no access to a computer, well everyone has their challenges, just like we all have to figure out our taxes or pay someone to do them, these folks can do the same with their reporting.