DMV offices installing debit/credit card systems
It's about time. I have no idea if Oregon DMV was the only one in the US where you couldn't use a CC to pay your fees but I'm glad they've joined the 21st century of the Anno Domini era.  Big Grin

Quote:Roll-out to all 60 offices across Oregon scheduled for next four months

Oregon DMV offices will begin accepting debit and credit card payments during the next four months after a successful pilot launch in May.
Prior to this project, DMV accepted only cash, checks and money orders at its 60 field offices. Credit and debit card payments have been accepted for online vehicle
registration renewals since 2004, and DMV has hosted ATM cash machines at many of its busiest offices.
The pilot launch in May included Dallas, McMinnville and the two offices in Salem. The remaining offices throughout Oregon are scheduled for equipment and software
installation, and employee training during the summer. DMV expects all 60 offices to be ready by the end of September.
Before going to a DMV office, you can check to see if the offices in your area are able to accept debit and credit cards at the individual pages for those offices at
www.OregonDMV.com.
Any time you need to visit an Oregon DMV office in person, DMV suggests that you visit OregonDMV.com to make sure you have everything you need. You also can check wait times
at many of the busiest offices.
(06-01-2016, 03:23 PM)Valuesize Wrote: It's about time. I have no idea if Oregon DMV was the only one in the US where you couldn't use a CC to pay your fees but I'm glad they've joined the 21st century of the Anno Domini era.  Big Grin

Oregon DMV offices will begin accepting debit and credit card payments during the next four months after a successful pilot launch in May.
Prior to this project, DMV accepted only cash, checks and money orders at its 60 field offices. Credit and debit card payments have been accepted for online vehicle
registration renewals since 2004, and DMV has hosted ATM cash machines at many of its busiest offices.
The pilot launch in May included Dallas, McMinnville and the two offices in Salem. The remaining offices throughout Oregon are scheduled for equipment and software
installation, and employee training during the summer. DMV expects all 60 offices to be ready by the end of September.
Before going to a DMV office, you can check to see if the offices in your area are able to accept debit and credit cards at the individual pages for those offices at
www.OregonDMV.com.
Any time you need to visit an Oregon DMV office in person, DMV suggests that you visit OregonDMV.com to make sure you have everything you need. You also can check wait times

Yippee. I mean, I don't care. I carry cashola.Smiling
(06-01-2016, 04:19 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-01-2016, 03:23 PM)Valuesize Wrote: It's about time. I have no idea if Oregon DMV was the only one in the US where you couldn't use a CC to pay your fees but I'm glad they've joined the 21st century of the Anno Domini era.  Big Grin

www.OregonDMV.com.

Yippee. I mean, I don't care. I carry cashola.Smiling

Just more of the movement to eliminate cash.