Brexit
Looks like the brits are leaving the EU
Gold prices is jumping. Up nearly $100 and rising.
Maybe we can do this to Texas
A texit.
(06-24-2016, 06:07 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Maybe we can do this to Texas
A texit.

Then we could build a fence along Oklahoma and make Texas pay for it.
[Image: a56a037766852922afaecf35874e5180.jpg]

Posted via Tapatalk
One a more serious note, this sea change in European politics may have far reaching effects that spill over into our own economy. 
Time will tell. 
Pudits in England are already compairing the vote there to the "Trump effect", people with narrow understanding of the issue but who feel left out of economic equality. 

Time will tell. Seems to me to be a backward move. Hope not.
A lot has happened in 12 hours. I hope all the wingnuts who think this is a great idea had their money in stocks.
(06-24-2016, 11:06 PM)bbqboy Wrote: A lot has happened in 12 hours. I hope all the wingnuts who think this is a great idea had their money in stocks.

2% loss...not a huge deal, it will rebound.

Seems the UK does not want to be a part of the New World Order...kudos to them! 
Reminds me of some people who decided to leave and create their own nation a while back.  Wink
(06-25-2016, 07:02 AM)HolyMaryMotherOfGod Wrote:
(06-24-2016, 11:06 PM)bbqboy Wrote: A lot has happened in 12 hours. I hope all the wingnuts who think this is a great idea had their money in stocks.

2% loss...not a huge deal, it will rebound.

Seems the UK does not want to be a part of the New World Order...kudos to them! 
Reminds me of some people who decided to leave and create their own nation a while back.  Wink

I wonder if it's too late to decide not to be part of "The New World Order"? I think that horse has left the barn. Trade is not only international but products are now made all over the world to be assembled with nation identities. You can buy an American car but you can't buy one make with only American parts, for instance. More and more people live with dual citizenship, more and more people are bi-lingual, and sports teams include players from alll over the globe. 

I guess Thomas Friedman was right.  Sad

I think England will regret this vote. Tea and crumpets anyone?
You can still trade with other countries and not be part of a new world order.
It's about still have local control over your own country, not having to pay to be told what you can and cannot do or what laws you can or cannot pass.
Global trading is good...having a one world currency or form of government is not.
The other countries now have no trade agreements with the UK. What does the UK have that other people want?  How does a now poorer  country
with less influence come out stronger by weakening itself. Mysteries..
Where do you get a new world order pass port?
(06-25-2016, 11:00 AM)bbqboy Wrote: The other countries now have no trade agreements with the UK. What does the UK have that other people want?  How does a now poorer  country
with less influence come out stronger by weakening itself. Mysteries..

Mysteries for sure!

Some pundit I read recently compared it to the "Turmp Effect". So many blue class workers in England have suffered because of loss of manufacturing (and other) jobs. Of course they are bitter and resentful and kind of like a segment of our society here they have voted not from considering the facts and issues but only reacting to the anger they feel. 

And what happens in England won't be isolated. I don't pretend to understand trade issues and world-wide economic complexities, but from things I've been reading this could cause a shift that may effect many people in many places. 

We can only watch.
BwaHaHaHa!!!  The Donald is a flippin' maroon!  Laughing  Just one of his ignoramus tweets:

Quote:@realDonaldTrump
Just arrived in Scotland. Place is going wild over the vote. They took their country back, just like we will take America back. No games!

Some of the names The Donald was called by the Scots:

Cockwomble. Incompressible jizztrumpet. Shitgibbon. Tit, just tit. Cocksplat! Muppet! Mangled apricot hellbeast! 

Read the entire article here:  http://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/don...ite-thing/
(06-26-2016, 11:21 AM)Scrapper Wrote: BwaHaHaHa!!!  The Donald is a flippin' maroon!  Laughing  Just one of his ignoramus tweets:

Just arrived in Scotland. Place is going wild over the vote. They took their country back, just like we will take America back. No games!

Cockwomble. Incompressible jizztrumpet. Shitgibbon. Tit, just tit. Cocksplat! Muppet! Mangled apricot hellbeast! 

Read the entire article here:  http://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/don...ite-thing/

[Image: 13439090_10208508943013438_8316578069152...e=5801BF93]
(06-26-2016, 11:35 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(06-26-2016, 11:21 AM)Scrapper Wrote: BwaHaHaHa!!!  The Donald is a flippin' maroon!  Laughing  Just one of his ignoramus tweets:

[Image: 13439090_10208508943013438_8316578069152...e=5801BF93]

They strike me as imaginative, across the pond.
Sweet Jesus. I was considering what would happen to our economy if Texas and the rest of the South left the union. I think it might improve the US states that remained. The Conservative Republican states, mostly in the south are a huge drain on the liberal states that typically vote Democrat. The rest of the US subsidizes the conservative states. Let the South rise again; it will be much better for the rest of us. Laughing
(06-27-2016, 10:37 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Sweet Jesus. I was considering what would happen to our economy if Texas and the rest of the South left the union. I think it might improve the US states that remained. The Conservative Republican states, mostly in the south are a huge drain on the liberal states that typically vote Democrat. The rest of the US subsidizes the conservative states. Let the South rise again; it will be much better for the rest of us.  Laughing

Why stop at the south?
If the east and west coast left too.

All that be left, would be Washington DC and flyover land.
(06-27-2016, 12:09 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(06-27-2016, 10:37 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Sweet Jesus. I was considering what would happen to our economy if Texas and the rest of the South left the union. I think it might improve the US states that remained. The Conservative Republican states, mostly in the south are a huge drain on liberal states that typically vote Democrat. The rest of the US subsidize the conservative states. Let the South rise again; it will be much better for the rest of us.  Laughing

Why stop at the south?
If the east and west coast left too.

All that be left, would be Washington DC and flyover land.
MON, JUN 27, 2016, AT 08:30 AM PDT
John Oliver Turned the Brexit Disaster Into a Warning About Trump: “There Are No F--king Do-Overs”

By Marissa Martinelli

John Oliver spent most of Sunday’s episode of Last Week Tonightcovering the Russian Olympic doping scandal—but not before seizing the opportunity to deliver a rueful “I told you so” to regretful Brexit voters. Just a week ago, Oliver had delivered a persuasive case for why the United Kingdom should vote to remain in the European Union (while still indulging the British impulse to insult Europe as much as possible). His countrymen didn’t listen, so Oliver dedicated the opening of his show to ripping the British leadership who caused this disaster, including Leave campaigners Nigel Farage(“leader of UKIP and three-time cover model for Punchable Face magazine”) and former London mayor Boris Johnson (“a shaved orangutan with Owen Wilson’s hair”).

Likely feeling a bit like Cassandra, Oliver delivered another warning, this time to voters on the other side of the pond, cautioning them not to underestimate Donald Trump, who made a fool of himself while discussing Brexit in Scotland:

Quote:You might think, that is not going to happen to us. We’re not going to listen to some ridiculously haired buffoon, peddling lies and nativism in the hopes of turning a protest vote into power. Let Britain tell you: It can happen, and when it does, there are no fucking do-overs.
Quote:
Quote:English will not be an official EU language after Brexit, says senior MEP
http://www.politico.eu/article/english-w...enior-mep/

Maybe they'll switch to American.
(06-27-2016, 01:39 PM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:
Quote:English will not be an official EU language after Brexit, says senior MEP
http://www.politico.eu/article/english-w...enior-mep/

Maybe they'll switch to American.

My guess would be Farsi.