The religion of peace strikes again
(07-22-2016, 12:34 PM)SFLiberal Wrote:
(07-22-2016, 12:17 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-22-2016, 12:12 PM)SFLiberal Wrote:
(07-22-2016, 11:54 AM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(07-22-2016, 11:35 AM)tvguy Wrote: No he's not correct because a religion isn't striking anyone. It's bunch of zealots who have distorted a religion.

I took the gist of what he meant is that it has a high likelihood of NOT being Tibetan Monks, or Jewish Princesses.  I could be wrong.

And it's not Christians or Buddists or Hindu's either.  It just one religion that is killing on a mass level on a now weekly basis in the name of their religion.

No It's not one religion. It's certain people from one religion.

If it was the religion then what's stopping the almost three million Muslims in the country form slaughtering innocents?

AS if I will get an intelligent answer. As if my time is not wasted.

It hasn't been confirmed yet but we both know the shooter was a Muslim murdering in the name of Islam.   Of course it could be a neo-Nazi tired of his country being overrun by Muslims.  Time will tell.

I'm still waiting for Muslims to take to the streets worldwide to denounce these attacks.  Why are they silent?

Asked and answered a thousand times on a thousand forums.. er I mean echo chambers.
Quote:6 dead in Munich mall shooting; manhunt underway

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/E...2-13-37-20

No official word that it was an Islamic attack, but I don't think it was the Mormons.
(07-22-2016, 12:12 PM)SFLiberal Wrote: And it's not Christians or Buddists or Hindu's either.  It just one religion that is killing on a mass level on a now weekly basis in the name of their religion.

PLEASE tell us how this should dealt with. I won't be holding my breath.
(07-22-2016, 12:44 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(07-22-2016, 12:12 PM)SFLiberal Wrote: And it's not Christians or Buddists or Hindu's either.  It just one religion that is killing on a mass level on a now weekly basis in the name of their religion.

PLEASE tell us how this should dealt with. I won't be holding my breath.

First we need to establish an Islamic state.
Then we bomb the hell out of them.
(07-22-2016, 11:54 AM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(07-22-2016, 11:35 AM)tvguy Wrote: No he's not correct because a religion isn't striking anyone. It's bunch of zealots who have distorted a religion.

I took the gist of what he meant is that it has a high likelihood of NOT being Tibetan Monks, or Jewish Princesses.  I could be wrong.

And it's not Christians or Buddists or Hindu's either.  It just one religion that is killing on a mass level on a now weekly basis in the name of their religion.

If it was the religion then what's stopping the almost three million Muslims in the country form slaughtering innocents?

It hasn't been confirmed yet but we both know the shooter was a Muslim murdering in the name of Islam.   Of course it could be a neo-Nazi tired of his country being overrun by Muslims.  Time will tell.

I'm still waiting for Muslims to take to the streets worldwide to denounce these attacks.  Why are they silent?

I think that's a valid point. The Muslim "community" at large, has some very wealthy people. One would think it would be good PR to spend some money on TV spots, and other places, explaining these are Muslims who have "jumped the tracks" and in no way represent the main body of the faith. 
I bet if it were a bunch of Catholics who drank the kool-aid and started doing this kind of stuff, the Pope would be all over the media denouncing them. 
So. Why are they silent? (I mean except for the very few isolated leaders who have denounced these nut jobs)
(07-22-2016, 08:49 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-22-2016, 11:54 AM)Someones Dad Wrote: I took the gist of what he meant is that it has a high likelihood of NOT being Tibetan Monks, or Jewish Princesses.  I could be wrong.

I think that's a valid point. The Muslim "community" at large, has some very wealthy people. One would think it would be good PR to spend some money on TV spots, and other places, explaining these are Muslims who have "jumped the tracks" and in no way represent the main body of the faith. 
I bet if it were a bunch of Catholics who drank the kool-aid and started doing this kind of stuff, the Pope would be all over the media denouncing them. 
So. Why are they silent? (I mean except for the very few isolated leaders who have denounced these nut jobs)

So, a few isolated leaders vs. one pope. What's so different?
(07-22-2016, 09:28 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Who is the 'Pope' of the Muslims?
Would we know who he was, if he did say something?
(07-22-2016, 09:49 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(07-22-2016, 12:17 PM)tvguy Wrote:  No It's not one religion. It's certain people from one religion.

there isn't one
(07-22-2016, 10:16 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(07-22-2016, 12:34 PM)SFLiberal Wrote: It hasn't been confirmed yet but we both know the shooter was a Muslim murdering in the name of Islam.   Of course it could be a neo-Nazi tired of his country being overrun by Muslims.  Time will tell.

there isn't one

Hardly the point.
Think "spokesman". Or group of folks "speaking out".
(07-23-2016, 08:32 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-22-2016, 08:49 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: I think that's a valid point. The Muslim "community" at large, has some very wealthy people. One would think it would be good PR to spend some money on TV spots, and other places, explaining these are Muslims who have "jumped the tracks" and in no way represent the main body of the faith. 

there isn't one

Hardly the point.

If you're looking for a leader of the Muslim religion, there isn't one. Or there are thousands (10's of thousands?) of them, depending on how you want to look at it. And, yeah, it's at least part of the point.
(07-23-2016, 08:57 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(07-22-2016, 09:28 PM)Cuzz Wrote: So, a few isolated leaders vs. one pope. What's so different?

there isn't one

Hardly the point.

If you're looking for a leader of the Muslim religion, there isn't one. Or there are thousands (10's of thousands?) of them, depending on how you want to look at it. And, yeah, it's at least part of the point.
I guess we will either have to agree to disagree or admit we are talking "apples and oranges".

The many millions (billions?) of Muslims world wide don't need an "elected or appointed" leader to "speak out". In any group, someone or some groups, can gather and agree to make announcements of a general nature to express what would be a common view in the group as a whole. 

The number of Islamic terrorists is but a tiny fraction of the many Muslims world wide. It might be good PR for a group of respected Muslims to express that and knock down all the negative feelings that seem to be cropping up in the Western World. 

Or maybe not? 

If not, I wonder why.
(07-23-2016, 09:21 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-22-2016, 09:49 PM)chuck white Wrote: Who is the 'Pope' of the Muslims?

there isn't one

Hardly the point.

I guess we will either have to agree to disagree or admit we are talking "apples and oranges".

The many millions (billions?) of Muslims world wide don't need an "elected or appointed" leader to "speak out". In any group, someone or some groups, can gather and agree to make announcements of a general nature to express what would be a common view in the group as a whole. 

The number of Islamic terrorists is but a tiny fraction of the many Muslims world wide. It might be good PR for a group of respected Muslims to express that and knock down all the negative feelings that seem to be cropping up in the Western World. 

Or maybe not? 

If not, I wonder why.

No, I think we agree all right. It's just that what you suggest does happen but it's just a whisper on our news outlets. There have been groups, as you say, mosques that have condemned the terrorist attacks on American news (and in Europe) but it's rarely reported or mentioned only in passing. The instances I've seen on the news were so brief they would be easily missed if you weren't paying attention. If you expect to see an international figure like the Pope proclaim for the world that all good Muslims abhor terror, you probably won't see that. There is no leader like that.

I agree they could and probably should do a better job of it but I don't expect to see them marching in the streets and waving banners. That would just make them an easier target for stupid people to assault them. And they know that.

Disclaimer for the stupid people on here: I don't defend the Muslim religion any more then I defend Xtians, Jews or Whirling Dervishes. I just don't like people being attacked for stupid ignorant reasons. I wish they would protest more, as Wonky said. I just understand why they might not, to protect themselves.
(07-23-2016, 10:03 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(07-22-2016, 10:16 PM)Cuzz Wrote: there isn't one

Hardly the point.

Or maybe not? 

If not, I wonder why.

No, I think we agree all right. It's just that what you suggest does happen but it's just a whisper on our news outlets. There have been groups, as you say, mosques that have condemned the terrorist attacks on American news (and in Europe) but it's rarely reported or mentioned only in passing. The instances I've seen on the news were so brief they would be easily missed if you weren't paying attention. If you expect to see an international figure like the Pope proclaim for the world that all good Muslims abhor terror, you probably won't see that. There is no leader like that.

I agree they could and probably should do a better job of it but I don't expect to see them marching in the streets and waving banners. That would just make them an easier target for stupid people to assault them. And they know that.

Disclaimer for the stupid people on here: I don't defend the Muslim religion any more then I defend Xtians, Jews or Whirling Dervishes. I just don't like people being attacked for stupid ignorant reasons. I wish they would protest more, as Wonky said. I just understand why they might not, to protect themselves.

Yeah, you are "on point".
Sticky wicket, what? 
Whatever, it will be interesting to see what shakes and if these "Radical Muslim Terrorists" can be brought down by SOMEONE before they raise hell all over the globe. 
Guerrilla forces are tough enough to fight, but slimy sneaky terroists are a real pain in the butt!
(07-23-2016, 01:47 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-23-2016, 08:32 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Hardly the point.

Or maybe not? 

If not, I wonder why.

Sticky wicket, what? 
Whatever, it will be interesting to see what shakes and if these "Radical Muslim Terrorists" can be brought down by SOMEONE before they raise hell all over the globe. 
Guerrilla forces are tough enough to fight, but slimy sneaky terroists are a real pain in the butt!

What a lot of people seem to conveniently overlook is that the fight against ISIS/Daesh is being pressed by Muslims too. In fact they seem to be doing the heavy lifting on that front now. And they are taking the brunt of the violence in return.
Quote: KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) -- The Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for a suicide bombing on a peaceful protest in the Afghan capital on Saturday that killed at least 80 people and wounded more than 200, marking the first time the extremists have struck Kabul and raising fears of their growing strength and capability in Afghanistan.

The attack was the deadliest to hit Kabul in 15 years of civil war. It struck a demonstration by Afghanistan's Hazara ethnic community, who were marching for a major regional power line to be routed through their home province. The Hazaras are Shiite Muslims, most Afghans are Sunnis.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/A...3-09-33-45
(07-23-2016, 02:01 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(07-23-2016, 01:47 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-23-2016, 08:57 AM)Cuzz Wrote: If you're looking for a leader of the Muslim religion, there isn't one. Or there are thousands (10's of thousands?) of them, depending on how you want to look at it. And, yeah, it's at least part of the point.

Or maybe not? 

If not, I wonder why.

Sticky wicket, what? 

What a lot of people seem to conveniently overlook is that the fight against ISIS/Daesh is being pressed by Muslims too. In fact they seem to be doing the heavy lifting on that front now. And they are taking the brunt of the violence in return.

But "the fight against ISIS/Daesh is being pressed by Muslims too."

But only by a fraction of the Muslims in the area. Muslims come in too many sects, and they seem to be unable to come together long enough to raise a military force that could wipe out the ISIS state. They have the numbers to not only destroy Daesh and "the State", but to occupy those regions until order is established. 

How many people must suffer and die in the name of the world religions before the truth of "The Age of Reason" takes hold?  

Forget it. No answer. "My God is the only real God". So, I'll have to kill you.  Sad
Germany hit again......
Another day, another attack...... France
(07-26-2016, 06:48 AM)SFLiberal Wrote: Another day, another attack...... France

It's an infestation. Someone call the exterminators.
(07-26-2016, 06:59 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(07-26-2016, 06:48 AM)SFLiberal Wrote: Another day, another attack...... France

It's an infestation. Someone call the exterminators.

And that would be, ?