Nothing Fun
Sad Ninja Zipped
I come here to escape. Instead, everything wrong with the world is brought here and distorted & amplified. 
Confused Cool
I know what you mean.

Try this, it might not qualify as fun but it's interesting. At least I thought so.

http://www.space.com/33439-spacex-dragon...-crs9.html
(07-16-2016, 02:06 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I know what you mean.

Try this, it might not qualify as fun but it's interesting. At least I thought so.

Looks like someone in the Clearn Room didn't scrub. (NPR did a segment on this. True: Interesting and kind of funny as expressed by the NSA spokesperson.) 

And BBQ, "I can feel your pain". There does seem to a lot of ranting and raving. Guess I do a lot of it.  Embarrassed

But not many folks come here to discuss books recently read, give accounts of movies seen and what they liked or didn't like about them, and the many other social things we do. Anyone else reading History? "Hamilton" is hot now because of the Broadway play and I'm trudging through the 800 plus pages. Good read, but not for an all day sit. 

Clete (and TVG, and others, I guess) discuss the gardening thing. I can understand the interest, it's just that it's not one of my interests. Still, I often find it fun to follow along. 

So Barbie, it's double true: Lots of pain and suffering going on and while we don't want to ignore it, it's kind of macabre to dwell on it at length. 

So...find something to entertain us with.  Smiling
(07-16-2016, 03:41 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

But not many folks come here to discuss books recently read, give accounts of movies seen and what they liked or didn't like about them, and the many other social things we do. Anyone else reading History? "Hamilton" is hot now because of the Broadway play and I'm trudging through the 800 plus pages. Good read, but not for an all day sit. 

Speaking of which, did you (Wonky) ever read the book I suggested for you, "Shantyboat Journal"?  Available for e-reader or new and used hard cover.
(07-16-2016, 04:16 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Speaking of which, did you (Wonky) ever read the book I suggested for you, "Shantyboat Journal"?  Available for e-reader or new and used hard cover.
I did check it out. I looks like a nice leisurely read but so far haven't fit it into my reading list. As a retired guy, reading is my "hobby" and I have to make choices about what I read. "So many books, so little time" is really true. 
Thanks for reminding me, and I may get around to it. It looks like the kind of read that would be a good break after reading something "heavy duty" that required lots of concentration.
(07-16-2016, 04:33 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

I did check it out. I looks like a nice leisurely read but so far haven't fit it into my reading list. As a retired guy, reading is my "hobby" and I have to make choices about what I read. "So many books, so little time" is really true. 
Thanks for reminding me, and I may get around to it. It looks like the kind of read that would be a good break after reading something "heavy duty" that required lots of concentration.

It is that. It's also a small peek into one couples rather interesting lifestyle during the mid to late 40's.
(07-16-2016, 04:39 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

It is that. It's also a small peek into one couples rather interesting lifestyle during the mid to late 40's.
Yep. Read that on the review. And I do enjoy "true life" stories. (Speaking of which, if you haven't yet read "Boys in the Boat" I recommend it)
(07-16-2016, 04:45 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-16-2016, 04:39 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(07-16-2016, 03:41 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: But not many folks come here to discuss books recently read, give accounts of movies seen and what they liked or didn't like about them, and the many other social things we do. Anyone else reading History? "Hamilton" is hot now because of the Broadway play and I'm trudging through the 800 plus pages. Good read, but not for an all day sit. 

Yep. Read that on the review. And I do enjoy "true life" stories. (Speaking of which, if you haven't yet read "Boys in the Boat" I recommend it)

Thanks. Not a book I would normally pick up by just reading the cover. On your recommendation I looked it up and I'll be reading it this coming "reading season" . For me that's November to March or so.   Geek
(07-16-2016, 01:47 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Sad Ninja Zipped
I come here to escape. Instead, everything wrong with the world is brought here and distorted & amplified. 
Confused Cool

There's a garden thread and a what's funny on CL thread and Music and TV shows
(07-17-2016, 04:11 PM)tvguy Wrote:
Confused Cool

for sissies.
(07-17-2016, 05:17 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(07-17-2016, 04:11 PM)tvguy Wrote:
Confused Cool

for sissies.

Oh, I don't know: You could pack a Six Shooter while gardening, sling your Winchester 30-30 while searching Craigs List, and clean your AR-15 while watching music and TV shows.  Laughing

Cause REAL men pack heat!  Razz