Time for Wonky to leave
So, the time has come the walrus said, to speak of many things...

It appears I have caused animosity and strife here.

No one needs that, least of all me.

And too, I don't find a whole lot of content here that is all that entertaining, informative, or social.

So I'm going to go far into the woods and concentrate on my navel. Or maybe not. 

Strange: In my personal and working life I never had problems like this. That may prove nothing, because I have had them here, in spades! 

I wish each and eveyone of you well, and I continue to hope this space will evolve to a more civil, enlightend, and comfortable place. 

So now, just gotta figure out how to disengage. Don't see a place to deactivate. If you know, please fill me in. 

Thanks.
Well, write down your pass word.

Or we'll have a Wonky4.

Whose going to keep TV_GUY in his place.

I know scrapper can be annoying, but hey, she a woman. (you got to expect that)

Besides, your the only one here who laugh at my jokes.
(07-19-2016, 10:14 PM)chuck white Wrote: Well, write down your pass word.

Or we'll have a Wonky4.

What I need is how to find out to stop my account.
(07-19-2016, 10:16 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Or we'll have a Wonky4.

Have you tried changing your password to something you can't remember?

(Like your wife's birthday)
(07-19-2016, 10:21 PM)chuck white Wrote:

Or we'll have a Wonky4.

Have you tried changing your password to something you can't remember?

(Like your wife's birthday)

Laughing

Or we'll have a Wonky4.

1. You have the record for quitting, well not really because you always return. Razz Take a break if you need, but spare yourself the Larry the drama queen exit.  Laughing 

2. Although we've never met, I'm fairly certain you've not been a pansy your entire life. Please don't start now.
Oh for Chrissakes!
Time to check my smoke alarm batteries, thanks Wonky
(07-19-2016, 11:03 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Or we'll have a Wonky4.

1. You have the record for quitting, well not really because you always return. Razz Take a break if you need, but spare yourself the Larry the drama queen exit.  Laughing 

2. Although we've never met, I'm fairly certain you've not been a pansy your entire life. Please don't start now.
True: I MUST have the record for quitting and retuning. I'm embarrased by that, but succumbed to a need of this kind of social interaction I guess, and so returned.  I don't feel I need it any longer. We've had quarrels and angry exchanges but it's gone past the tipping point for me. And, I accept my own responsiblity in contributing to that. (Strange...becasue as I mentioned in a pervious post I'm not aware of problems like this in my "real" personal life. Maybe I'm simply not paying attention.  Embarrassed ) 

And I'm not a pansy. I'm not being forced out: It's my choice. I simply don't feel the need to fight the same battles and allow them to slip into personal hate filled dialog, alienating people I have been fond of for a long, long time. 

So understand please, I'm not doing the "Larry the drama queen exit" as you called it. I want to remove my name from the members list and just can't find the place to do that. If you know how, please let me know. (I'll log on from time to time until then, but don't plan on posting).  I did send an email fromthe "Help" section, but so far have had not response.
(07-20-2016, 08:26 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Or we'll have a Wonky4.

True: I MUST have the record for quitting and retuning. I'm embarrased by that, but succumbed to a need of this kind of social interaction I guess, and so returned.  I don't feel I need it any longer. We've had quarrels and angry exchanges but it's gone past the tipping point for me. And, I accept my own responsiblity in contributing to that. (Strange...becasue as I mentioned in a pervious post I'm not aware of problems like this in my "real" personal life. Maybe I'm simply not paying attention.  Embarrassed ) 

And I'm not a pansy. I'm not being forced out: It's my choice. I simply don't feel the need to fight the same battles and allow them to slip into personal hate filled dialog, alienating people I have been fond of for a long, long time. 

So understand please, I'm not doing the "Larry the drama queen exit" as you called it. I want to remove my name from the members list and just can't find the place to do that. If you know how, please let me know. (I'll log on from time to time until then, but don't plan on posting).  I did send an email fromthe "Help" section, but so far have had not response.

I think it has to be done from the Admin.  Good luck to you.
(07-20-2016, 08:26 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Or we'll have a Wonky4.

Well thanks for responding...  Smiling 

The drama is the effort to remove your account, it's not required. Most former posters are still members, they just don't post anymore. It is your choice, but if you feel you've alienated people you're fond of, suck it up and apologize. Water under the bridges in the Rogue Valley run swiftly.  Big Grin

My first post here was to you. I've enjoyed the vast majority of your posts over the years and have learned many things from your posts along the way. Why just this week you taught me not to grab a tiger by the tail a swing it.  Razz 

I wish you the best whatever you decide.....
"Wonky...I continue to hope this space will evolve to a more civil, enlightend, and comfortable place."

"enlightened

• : having or showing a good understanding of how people should be treated : not ignorant or narrow in thinking "

Well you couldn't even take your marbles and leave with out doing the very thing that is the reason why You are leaving.
 It's not YOUR job to enlighten anyone here

Your job was never to change this place and it's NEVER in 12 years been been a [b]civil, enlightened ,or a comfortable place  FOR YOU!!!!!
[/b]

For me I just take it like it is. If only you could do that.
I have had my times here with Hugo/Larry and others and never quit posting. I have taken short breaks when this place starts to frustrate me, but I wont be "run off." It's easy enough to ignore people. If someone is a jerk, I try to avoid them and not respond to their posts even when directed at me. Sometimes I break weak, but I do try. 

I might quit posting if I find something better to do, so far I have not found something that takes up that much of my time. Anyone have any ideas?  Smiling 

Valuesize said it well. If you don't won't to post, then just stop posting. There is no need to deactivate your membership. Besides, what are you trying to accomplish by removing yourself from this place. We will still remember you were here.  Big Grin
(07-20-2016, 03:54 PM)cletus1 Wrote: I have had my times here with Hugo/Larry and others and never quit posting. I have taken short breaks when this place starts to frustrate me, but I wont be "run off." It's easy enough to ignore people. If someone is a jerk, I try to avoid them and not respond to their posts even when directed at me. Sometimes I break weak, but I do try. 

I might quit posting if I find something better to do, so far I have not found something that takes up that much of my time. Anyone have any ideas?  Smiling 

Valuesize said it well. If you don't won't to post, then just stop posting. There is no need to deactivate your membership. Besides, what are you trying to accomplish by removing yourself from this place. We will still remember you were here.  Big Grin

so far I have not found something that takes up that much of my time.

[Image: 2000px-English_Pok%C3%A9mon_logo.svg.png]

(07-20-2016, 03:54 PM)cletus1 Wrote: I have had my times here with Hugo/Larry and others and never quit posting. I have taken short breaks when this place starts to frustrate me, but I wont be "run off." It's easy enough to ignore people. If someone is a jerk, I try to avoid them and not respond to their posts even when directed at me. Sometimes I break weak, but I do try. 

Yep. VS kind of said the same thing...a guy is not REQUIRED to post, so why not just NOT post. 

Makes sense. 

But, this evening between innings of a Gianst/Red Sox game I thought I'd see if I could still log on, and BAMN! Got sucked into reading some Topics. I think it's called a serious lack of will power.  Embarrassed

That has happened before. I swear I don't know why I need this place: Just a habit? Clete mentioned that he too has taken time away and returned, and of course we didn't hear from Hugo for some time. So, I can't explain it. 

But here's the thing: If I can't control my responses and keep them civil, I feel shame when I read them later and regret getting so emotional that I make remarks that are beyond the pale. Believe it or not, I truly don't want to offend folks. 

So, since I can't get deactivated, and have no self control, maybe I'll log on from time to time and make comments about movies, books, TV, or baseball. 

And, of course, it's my duty to stay and remind TVg what to post, how to post it, and how often he should post it.  Razz. Hey, a "mans gotta do what a mans gotta do". 

I'm weak. Lack character. Have no backbone. Lousy ethiics. But GOD, I'm SO good lookin"!  Razz
(07-20-2016, 07:07 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Yep. VS kind of said the same thing...a guy is not REQUIRED to post, so why not just NOT post. 

Makes sense. 

But, this evening between innings of a Gianst/Red Sox game I thought I'd see if I could still log on, and BAMN! Got sucked into reading some Topics. I think it's called a serious lack of will power.  Embarrassed

That has happened before. I swear I don't know why I need this place: Just a habit? Clete mentioned that he too has taken time away and returned, and of course we didn't hear from Hugo for some time. So, I can't explain it. 

But here's the thing: If I can't control my responses and keep them civil, I feel shame when I read them later and regret getting so emotional that I make remarks that are beyond the pale. Believe it or not, I truly don't want to offend folks. 

So, since I can't get deactivated, and have no self control, maybe I'll log on from time to time and make comments about movies, books, TV, or baseball. 

And, of course, it's my duty to stay and remind TVg what to post, how to post it, and how often he should post it.  Razz. Hey, a "mans gotta do what a mans gotta do". 

I'm weak. Lack character. Have no backbone. Lousy ethiics. But GOD, I'm SO good lookin"! 
You know... When someone steps over the line a heartfelt apology is often all it takes to put things to rest and move on. Just sayin'...

Posted via Tapatalk
(07-20-2016, 07:25 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(07-20-2016, 07:07 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Makes sense. 

I'm weak. Lack character. Have no backbone. Lousy ethiics. But GOD, I'm SO good lookin"! 
You know... When someone steps over the line a heartfelt apology is often all it takes to put things to rest and move on.  Just sayin'...

Posted via Tapatalk

So, true.  Scrappy is a good person and loves her family.
Thank you, Jeep. I try to be a decent human being... but I always love my family with all of me!

Posted via Tapatalk
(07-20-2016, 07:43 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Thank you, Jeep. I try to be a decent human being... but I always love my family with all of me!

Posted via Tapatalk

Well, there the problem.
Give up trying.
Ether you are or you're not.

Stick with the love.