Nature has a sense of humor
We have some kind of plant/tree that drops blossoms on our driveway. 

Mrs. Wonky does not like blossoms on the driveway.

So I went out this morning and sweep them up. As soon as I put the broom and the "man sized" dustpan away I noticed a blossom had fallen on the spot I had just swept up. That's not fair. 

Mrs. Wonky is suggesting I take an aluminum chair out by the driveway and sit and watch so I can pick up the blossoms as they fall. 

Hey! I'm the man of the house!. I decide what has to be done around here. 

So I going to be sitting in the aluminum chair from 6AM to 8PM. Mrs. Wonky will bring me a Tuna sandwich and water at mid day. See what I mean. That woman does EXACTLY what I say!
I have plum trees all over the place and this is the time of year they drop their sticky plums. It smells like a winery,attract flies then stick to the dog and everything else.
But soon they will all dry up. They are nice trees so I can deal with the hassle for a couple of weeks out of the year.

But  you need to sweep up blossoms? Just admit it your wife doesn't care it's you with OCD Razz
(07-24-2016, 12:25 PM)tvguy Wrote: I have plum trees all over the place and this is the time of year they drop their sticky plums. It smells like a winery,attract flies then stick to the dog and everything else.
But soon they will all dry up. They are nice trees so I can deal with the hassle for a couple of weeks out of the year.

But  you need to sweep up blossoms? Just admit it your wife doesn't care it's you with OCD Razz

I don't have OCD! I got the series of shots a couple of years ago.
(07-24-2016, 12:25 PM)tvguy Wrote: I have plum trees all over the place and this is the time of year they drop their sticky plums. It smells like a winery,attract flies then stick to the dog and everything else.

That's what I was smelling just now in the yard.
I forgot about the plum tree. Laughing
(07-24-2016, 01:21 PM)chuck white Wrote:

TVGuy should just quit bitching. There are few pleasures like going out to the plum tream early on a summer morning and eating "just right" ripe plums directly from the tree. 

And just deal with the mess. In January it will be a distant memory. (Easy for me to say  Razz )
(07-24-2016, 02:58 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

TVGuy should just quit bitching. There are few pleasures like going out to the plum tream early on a summer morning and eating "just right" ripe plums directly from the tree. 

And just deal with the mess. In January it will be a distant memory. (Easy for me to say  Razz )

Bitching?...."They are nice trees so I can deal with the hassle for a couple of weeks out of the year."
(07-24-2016, 05:46 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Bitching?...."They are nice trees so I can deal with the hassle for a couple of weeks out of the year."

Whatever: You said, above, "this is the time of year they drop their sticky plums. It smells like a winery,attract flies then stick to the dog and everything else."

Okay, not bitching. Sniveling? I was only attempting to make a friendly reply to your post. "Bitching", in context, should not have offended you.

I don't think you have a problem with what I said. I think you simply have a problem with me.  Wink
(07-24-2016, 08:04 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-24-2016, 05:46 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Whatever: You said, above, "this is the time of year they drop their sticky plums. It smells like a winery,attract flies then stick to the dog and everything else."

Okay, not bitching. Sniveling? I was only attempting to make a friendly reply to your post. "Bitching", in context, should not have offended you.

I don't think you have a problem with what I said. I think you simply have a problem with me.  Wink

Nope I was merely trying to reaffirm that the stupid plums was not really an issue because it seemed to me like you thought it was.
Semantics I guess.. No "problem" at all. Smiling
(07-24-2016, 12:14 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: We have some kind of plant/tree that drops blossoms on our driveway. 

So I went out this morning and sweep them up. As soon as I put the broom and the "man sized" dustpan away I noticed a blossom had fallen on the spot I had just swept up. That's not fair. 

Mrs. Wonky is suggesting I take an aluminum chair out by the driveway and sit and watch so I can pick up the blossoms as they fall. 

So I going to be sitting in the aluminum chair from 6AM to 8PM. Mrs. Wonky will bring me a Tuna sandwich and water at mid day. See what I mean. That woman does EXACTLY what I say!

A Song Written For You Wonky!
(07-25-2016, 03:53 PM)Snowlover Wrote:
(07-24-2016, 12:14 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: We have some kind of plant/tree that drops blossoms on our driveway. 

And..tthe likeness is amazing! 

Snowlover where have you been? Good seeing you showing up here. I hope all is well and tthat you will drop by often.

BwaHaHaHa!!!!  Thumbs Up
I think he's gone plum local.
(07-25-2016, 05:02 PM)chuck white Wrote: I think he's gone plum local.

I'm right here. My moniker is Wonky3. Please feel free to post directly to me.
(07-25-2016, 04:10 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Snowlover where have you been? Good seeing you showing up here. I hope all is well and tthat you will drop by often.

I have been here and there....mostly NOT here.  Just found myself insanely bored at work yesterday and popped in to see what's what.
(07-26-2016, 02:29 PM)Snowlover Wrote:

I have been here and there....mostly NOT here.  Just found myself insanely bored at work yesterday and popped in to see what's what.

Glad you did. I recall meeting you at our "forum outing" at the Touvelle Inn a few yeas ago and enjoed chatting with you. Hope you can find time to drop in more often.
(07-26-2016, 02:43 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-26-2016, 02:29 PM)Snowlover Wrote:

Glad you did. I recall meeting you at our "forum outing" at the Touvelle Inn a few yeas ago and enjoed chatting with you. Hope you can find time to drop in more often.

I think that was SnowHater you met since I was never able to make one of the "outings" but if I had, you would have enjoyed chatting with me!   Laughing
(07-26-2016, 03:35 PM)Snowlover Wrote: I think that was SnowHater you met since I was never able to make one of the "outings" but if I had, you would have enjoyed chatting with me!   Laughing

Wonky3 struggles a little more than our previous Wonky's, but he's still OUR Wonky.  Big Grin

I remember your health struggles in the past. I hope 2016 finds you healthy, wealthy and wise.  Smiling
(07-26-2016, 03:35 PM)Snowlover Wrote: I think that was SnowHater you met since I was never able to make one of the "outings" but if I had, you would have enjoyed chatting with me!   Laughing

Laughing Laughing We need you here! You're so humble!
(07-26-2016, 05:53 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Laughing Laughing We need you here! You're so humble!

And have much to be humble about. Big Grin