Help Tiffany
I'm not a fan of how quickly the threads close. Dry   Tiffany needs our help; help if you can. Smiling

https://www.gofundme.com/tiffanymyerscar...aign=upd_n
(07-30-2016, 12:38 PM)Juniper Wrote: I'm not a fan of how quickly the threads close. Dry   Tiffany needs our help; help if you can. Smiling

Very good of you to keep this cause alive.  She has almost raised the goal amount, but I think she will need even more.
(07-30-2016, 12:38 PM)Juniper Wrote: I'm not a fan of how quickly the threads close. Dry   Tiffany needs our help; help if you can. Smiling

I don't need to sound unkind but Why does this women need money to pay her medical bills?

The reason I don't understand is because we do have free health care in Oregon. I sure as hell do and so does my wife. Both of us and even our daughter have had medical issues that have to be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Is there some way people get stuck with their own insurance because they earn to much money to get  insurance like I have.. ( Jackson care connect) that isn't good enough to cover all the costs?

EDIT>>>>>>>>>>>> I guess the page didn't fully load when I first looked at the link because at first I didn't see this.....

This fund is set up to help ease the stress of the financial burden that comes with the traveling 600 miles back and forth between Portland, the hotel expensives that come along with that, medical costs that may arrise, and loss of income that Kris will have from being away. Any help is greatly appreciated.
(07-30-2016, 01:40 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I don't need to sound unkind but Why does this women need money to pay her medical bills?

The reason I don't understand is because we do have free health care in Oregon. I sure as hell do and so does my wife. Both of us and even our daughter have had medical issues that have to be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Is there some way people get stuck with their own insurance because they earn to much money to get  insurance like I have.. ( Jackson care connect) that isn't good enough to cover all the costs?

I think the issue was also the cost of going to Portland, the cost of staying there, and other costs not covered by insurance. 
But I admit to being cautiious and leary about donatiing to things online, even to those who we "know"...but most likely have never met..so don't REALLY know. 
I think first of family, then other organizatons that offer aid and comfort to those with seriious illness. 

It would be of interest (to me at least) to know if she has exhusted family contributions, church offerings, or other agencies who might help. 

Hope that's not too callous.
Tiffany was original MTF, that is why this particular GoFund is important to some of us.
(07-30-2016, 02:11 PM)Hugo Wrote: Tiffany was original MTF, that is why this particular GoFund is important to some of us.

I remember. I hope it's not too personal and crude, but do you know why it's necessary for her to reach out for money? No family, no agencies that provide assistance, churches, friends....?
How Republican of you
(07-30-2016, 02:28 PM)bbqboy Wrote: How Republican of you

I'm not sure Hugo is a Republican. I know he holds to "conservative values" but my guess he is more "Independent" than anything.  Razz
(07-30-2016, 02:24 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-30-2016, 02:11 PM)Hugo Wrote: Tiffany was original MTF, that is why this particular GoFund is important to some of us.

I remember. I hope it's not too personal and crude, but do you know why it's necessary for her to reach out for money? No family, no agencies that provide assistance, churches, friends....?

MOST people who have income from working have the required insurance.  That insurance, in the last 5 years or so, besides becoming much more expensive (to both the employer and employee) has also changed from (example) $1000 - 2500 deductibles to $5000 - 10,000 deductibles, with annual maximums.  Those of us still in the working world (especially the private sector) PAY for the ACA to cover those who don't work.  To be at your age, on SS and Medicare, these things have probably not affected you.  TVGuy and his family, have enjoyed the OTHER side of the ACA, being the beneficiary instead of the PAYER.  I am not using him in this example in a negative way, just being factual.

i have NO PERSONAL KNOWLEDGE if this explanation applies specifically to Tiffany, but I suspect it is so.

SHE isn't. Her friends and family are.  And if you don't want to, don't. Some of us remember her days with us at MTF. Some of us know her personally and met her from that time.  YOU don't have to do anything you don't want to do.
(07-30-2016, 02:29 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

I'm not sure Hugo is a Republican. I know he holds to "conservative values" but my guess he is more "Independent" than anything.  Razz

Pretty damn funny. Of course, I was referring to your post, not his.
(07-30-2016, 02:58 PM)bbqboy Wrote:
(07-30-2016, 02:29 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Pretty damn funny. Of course, I was referring to your post, not his.

Que the "reply" lecture.  Big Grin
Why? My post directly followed Windy's. Has everyone lost their ability to read and discern.
(07-30-2016, 03:43 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Why? My post directly followed Windy's. Has everyone lost their ability to read and discern.

I got it. But there are some here who incapable of discernment without the reply feature. Sometimes it's me! Laughing
(07-30-2016, 03:43 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Why? My post directly followed Windy's. Has everyone lost their ability to read and discern.

I knew what you meant. No big mystery.
(07-30-2016, 03:51 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

I knew what you meant. No big mystery.

I knew too of course. BBQ thinks using the Reply feature will rob his soul. 
Fine when it follow a post immediately. But, there have been times when someone else got a post in ahead of BBQ's and it did not follow.
No big thing. Some folks just enjoy ignoring common practice.
(07-30-2016, 02:54 PM)Juniper Wrote:

SHE isn't. Her friends and family are.  And if you don't want to, don't. Some of us remember her days with us at MTF. Some of us know her personally and met her from that time.  YOU don't have to do anything you don't want to do.
Easy. 
Only asking. 
I'll match the personal check you send. Fair is fair.
(07-30-2016, 04:05 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Easy. 
Only asking. 

Do what you will.  I'm going to donate. Again. Granted I don't have much, but I'm up for it for Tiff.
I picture you like Jethro, ciphering away with your finger under each letter.
(07-30-2016, 04:05 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Easy. 
Only asking. 

You start, Wonky.  How much are you sending?  I can match $50.  Paypal is easy.