(07-30-2016, 02:03 PM)Scrapper Wrote: **TONIGHT**
The Ben Rice Trio
Ben Rice, Dave Melyan and Calen Uhlig
will be playing at 
Howiee's in Medford
9:00-1:00

[Image: 13876649_1063236317045944_56458652784242...e=5833788D]

Ben Rice is super talented!  Thumbs Up

I saw him MANY years ago with his brother and a group of other youths, playing in Ashland.  None of them were over the age of 18, and the keyboardist was blind.  I even have a CD from back then, somewhere.
(07-30-2016, 02:03 PM)Scrapper Wrote: **TONIGHT**
The Ben Rice Trio
Ben Rice, Dave Melyan and Calen Uhlig
will be playing at 
Howiee's in Medford
9:00-1:00

[Image: 13876649_1063236317045944_56458652784242...e=5833788D]

Ben Rice is super talented!  Thumbs Up

Yeah, but they don't' honor my AARP card, and lot's of times he doesn't START untill after 8:00 PM. 
I'd go if he started playing at 4:30PM, they honored my AARP card, and served prune juice and vodka, with an Ensure chaser, it would be my kind of show. 

Seriously: Looks like fun. That's quite an instrument he put together. I hope he does, "You Are My Sunshine".  Big Grin
He may be talented, but those hours at Howies on a Saturday night? It's a meat market there. Sad
(07-30-2016, 02:56 PM)Juniper Wrote: He may be talented, but those hours at Howies on a Saturday night? It's a meat market there. Sad
'Meat Market' is only for those seeking a certain something. If you aren't seeking... you ignore it. Go. Grab a table. Enjoy. Ignore whatever else is going on.

Posted via Tapatalk
(07-30-2016, 02:56 PM)Juniper Wrote: He may be talented, but those hours at Howies on a Saturday night? It's a meat market there.  Sad

But in a good way?
(07-30-2016, 03:19 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(07-30-2016, 02:56 PM)Juniper Wrote: He may be talented, but those hours at Howies on a Saturday night? It's a meat market there.  Sad
'Meat Market' is only for those seeking a certain something.  If you aren't seeking... you ignore it.  Go. Grab a table.  Enjoy.  Ignore whatever else is going on.

Posted via Tapatalk

No, you don't understand. It's nuts there. And there's no grabbing a table an ignoring it. Not there.  I actually went there last Saturday against my better judgment.  No fun.  The market is swelling all around you, there's no escape.
(07-30-2016, 03:50 PM)Juniper Wrote:
'Meat Market' is only for those seeking a certain something.  If you aren't seeking... you ignore it.  Go. Grab a table.  Enjoy.  Ignore whatever else is going on.

Posted via Tapatalk

No, you don't understand. It's nuts there. And there's no grabbing a table an ignoring it. Not there.  I actually went there last Saturday against my better judgment.  No fun.  The market is swelling all around you, there's no escape.
I guess I'm just different... We used to live in Corvallis. All of the downtown bars are college meat markets. But, I'm not about to let anyone keep me from my fav live music.

Posted via Tapatalk
(07-30-2016, 03:59 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(07-30-2016, 03:50 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Posted via Tapatalk

I guess I'm just different... We used to live in Corvallis.  All of the downtown bars are college meat markets.  But, I'm not about to let anyone keep me from my fav live music.  

Posted via Tapatalk

You probably enjoy that energy, I imagine. Not me.
(07-30-2016, 03:39 PM)Jeep Wrote:

But in a good way?

I guess to the bulls and heifers there, it may seem so. Not to me. I'm a fan of Howiee's you see. I go there a lot. But not Fridays or Saturdays after 9:00 PM. Blink
Heifer?   No, I'm a cow at 56. I'm in my lounge wear at 9pm and thinking bed.   Big Grin
Whats the price of the T-Bones?
(07-30-2016, 04:51 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Whats the price of the T-Bones?

Priceless and over prime.
I like going to listen to music at Howiee's sometimes. They have a blues night. Smiling I'd go see this show tonight but not with the after 9.00 o'clock crowd.
(07-30-2016, 07:12 PM)Juniper Wrote: I like going to listen to music at Howiee's sometimes.  They have a blues night. Smiling I'd go see this show tonight but not with the after 9.00 o'clock crowd.

Yeah.  I think we got your drift.  Again.
(07-30-2016, 08:22 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(07-30-2016, 07:12 PM)Juniper Wrote: I like going to listen to music at Howiee's sometimes.  They have a blues night. Smiling I'd go see this show tonight but not with the after 9.00 o'clock crowd.

Yeah.  I think we got your drift.  Again.

Just say shut up if you like.
Still looking fo something to do tonight? Baseball, a beer and a hot dog. Hard to beat. 

http://www.medfordrogues.com/schedule/rogues-games/
(07-31-2016, 03:56 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Still looking fo something to do tonight? Baseball, a beer and a hot dog. Hard to beat. 

http://www.medfordrogues.com/schedule/rogues-games/

If you are a baseball fan you missed a fun game. Not necessary a well played game, but fun.

If you are not a baseball fan, you dind't miss a much. 

Well maybe: Between innings the mascot, Rowdy, races a small chlld around the bases. Rouwdy is 0 for 106. The kids love it, and some of the little tykes show blazing speed. Later at UofO track? 
And they have "begging for Pizza". The person has been judged to be the biggest loudmouth in the place gets a pizza. Cold, I'd bet.
They also have "name that tune" where they play a few bars of a song and the contestant must name the singer/group/author to win. I've yet to hear one I know. No Lawrence Welck stuff yet.  Sad

Yes. They do play some baseball. 

Boring stuff: (That I'm sure many of you know). In baseball, with a runner on 1st, the pitcher willl sometimes throw to the 1st baseman, trying to catch the runner too far off base and putting him "out". It mostly does not work, but sometimes does so they to a lot of throwing over especially when a fast runner is on 1st base. 
But...
When the runner is not put out, the 1st baseman of course just tosses the ball back to the pitcher so he can go ahead and pitch to the batter. Or, make another pick-off attempt. 
Now, with a runner on 3rd base, it is the 3rd baseman's responsibility to EVERY time the 1st baseman tosses the ball back to the pitcher, to move up so that if the 1st basebman makes and errant too over the ptichers head, the 3rd baseman is there to field the balll and prevent the runner at 3rd from scoring. 
At a recent game, a third baseman from a visitiing team "went to sleep", stayed back at his fielding position, and ...yep, the 1st baseman winged one high over the pitchers outstreached glove. The ball skpped past the foul line and almost into the teams dugout. The runner at 3rd sprinted home to score was was to be the winning run. So often in baseball, it's the team that makes the fewest mistakes that wins. 

Each postion in baseball has responsiblites many causual fans don't notice. Knowing, makes the game more fun. 

Trivia: Runners at 2nd base never stand in the baseline directly betwen 2nd and 3rd. They take their lead from second, but move back as far as 4 to 6 steps watching the pitcher as he prepares to throw. Know why? 

For many of us, it's still, AMERICANS GAME!
Look at the moon! It's gorgeous!

Posted via Tapatalk
(08-16-2016, 08:48 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Look at the moon!  It's gorgeous!

Posted via Tapatalk

Link please.  Laughing