BCC Emails & a Mac
I somethimes get emails from friends who sent messages to lots of folks so use the CC feature. 
Fine. 
Except that all our mails are exposed to everyone on that list. There are a times when I don't want that.

So, the obvious thing is to us BBC so that only one email recipient shows up. I recently wantee to do this an ran into a problem. 

Problem: I am using Apple Mail on a MacBook Pro, running OS X Yosemite and it won't allow me add more than one person at the BCC line. I brought up the OS X Email page...no help. 

So, is anyone else using a Mac and know the solution to this? If you can help I'll want to send you 2 billion dollars ($US). I can't of course, but I'll tell everyone I know you are and outstanding citizen with high ethical standards. And that you don't stink much.  Smiling
(08-01-2016, 12:03 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: I somethimes get emails from friends who sent messages to lots of folks so use the CC feature. 
Fine. 
Except that all our mails are exposed to everyone on that list. There are a times when I don't want that.

So, the obvious thing is to us BBC so that only one email recipient shows up. I recently wantee to do this an ran into a problem. 

Problem: I am using Apple Mail on a MacBook Pro, running OS X Yosemite and it won't allow me add more than one person at the BCC line. I brought up the OS X Email page...no help. 

So, is anyone else using a Mac and know the solution to this? If you can help I'll want to send you 2 billion dollars ($US). I can't of course, but I'll tell everyone I know you are and outstanding citizen with high ethical standards. And that you don't stink much.  Smiling

Why do you care that when you get "emails from friends who sent messages to lots of folks so use the CC feature" that some of them see YOUR email address?

I totally don't understand Smiling

Anyway I didn't think what kind of computer I had or what ISP had anything to do with how my email works?
But I'm still on my first cup of coffee cuz I awoke at the crack noon LOL.
(08-01-2016, 12:34 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-01-2016, 12:03 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: I somethimes get emails from friends who sent messages to lots of folks so use the CC feature. 
Fine. 

Why do you care that when you get "emails from friends who sent messages to lots of folks so use the CC feature" that some of them see YOUR email address?

Anyway I didn't think what kind of computer I had or what ISP had anything to do with how my email works?

Ain't retirement wonderful! Waking up at the crack of noon sometimes is jsut plain frosting on th cake! All those years when we were required to roll out of the sack early to put bread on the table. You worked for it, long and hard: Enjoy!

The problem I have with all the emails showing up on CC is that there are a few people I would rather not have my email address. I'm sure they can get it if they try hard enough, but I'd rather not hear from them. 

Yeah, email programs vary. When I used Outlook, you (one  Smiling) could seperate the email address by using a semicolon...not so with Apple Mail. Nor, will a comma work. Or any other things I tried.
(08-01-2016, 12:49 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
Fine. 

Ain't retirement wonderful! Waking up at the crack of noon sometimes is jsut plain frosting on th cake! All those years when we were required to roll out of the sack early to put bread on the table. You worked for it, long and hard: Enjoy!

The problem I have with all the emails showing up on CC is that there are a few people I would rather not have my email address. I'm sure they can get it if they try hard enough, but I'd rather not hear from them. 

Yeah, email programs vary. When I used Outlook, you (one  Smiling) could seperate the email address by using a semicolon...not so with Apple Mail. Nor, will a comma work. Or any other things I tried.

I still don't get it. If someone sends YOU an email that also goes to several others how in the heck can you change what THEY did?

I must be missing the obvious. Any way all you need to do is block any email addresses of people you don't want to hear from.
I don't use that os. but is there a way to create a group first?
(08-01-2016, 12:55 PM)tvguy Wrote:
Fine. 

I still don't get it. If someone sends YOU an email that also goes to several others how in the heck can you change what THEY did?

I must be missing the obvious. Any way all you need to do is block any email addresses of people you don't want to hear from.
Yeah I could "block" someone. Don't want to be bothered. 
When sent BCC (Blind carbon copy) only the ONE email recipient is listed. The BCC people get the emails, but it does not show to the others.
(08-01-2016, 01:08 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I don't use that os. but is there a way to create a group first?

There is, but it's a pain in the butt and I seldom need it. It's designed for people who routinely must send messages often to the same folks. I don't.
(08-01-2016, 01:43 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
Fine. 

When sent BCC (Blind carbon copy) only the ONE email recipient is listed. The BCC people get the emails, but it does not show to the others.

It's like you are speaking Greek today. It's a "bother" to block whomever it is you don't want to email you?
(08-01-2016, 03:42 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-01-2016, 01:43 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-01-2016, 12:34 PM)tvguy Wrote: Why do you care that when you get "emails from friends who sent messages to lots of folks so use the CC feature" that some of them see YOUR email address?

It's like you are speaking Greek today. It's a "bother" to block whomever it is you don't want to email you?

I think I'd like to just drop this. Yes...there are reasons I don't want to "block" people who have my email address. I don't want to bother to explain. 
But I do plan on finding the solution for BCC multiple entries, come helll, high water, or the 2nd coming of Christ.