Who does NOT have spell check
And why in the hell not, LOL
(08-01-2016, 03:59 PM)tvguy Wrote: And why in the hell not, LOL

I have it but it likes to argue with me a lot.   Wink
(08-01-2016, 04:08 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(08-01-2016, 03:59 PM)tvguy Wrote: And why in the hell not, LOL

I have it but it likes to argue with me a lot.   Wink
I have it, but it is lousy. I use Apple OX 10, run Safari (the default) browser and my guess is this is the problem. I could go back to Firefox but there are some Apple incompatibilities with it and so I stay with Safari. 

I guess you noticed.  Laughing Laughing Laughing . I NEED an editor!
I have spell check... but autocorrect kicks my ass every time.

Posted via Tapatalk
(08-01-2016, 04:54 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I have spell check... but  autocorrect kicks my ass every time.

Posted via Tapatalk

Yeah, I hate it too. But, I've forever been "spelling challenged" and worse I tend to type away not only misspelling but getting things our of place and context, then not going back to proof read. And even when I proof read I miss stuff. 

I envy those who don't stuggle with this stuff.
(08-01-2016, 04:54 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I have spell check... but  autocorrect kicks my ass every time.

Posted via Tapatalk

I don't understand. I've heard that before. You mean your autocorrect doesn't show you what word it chose?

If so can't that be disabled?
(08-01-2016, 06:35 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Posted via Tapatalk

I don't understand. I've heard that before. You mean your autocorrect doesn't show you what word it chose?

Meh. It's just not a priority to me, I guess. And, I'm bad about proofing before hitting send. Oopsie! LOL

Posted via Tapatalk
(08-01-2016, 07:04 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

Posted via Tapatalk

Meh. It's just not a priority to me, I guess. And, I'm bad about proofing before hitting send. Oopsie!  LOL

Posted via Tapatalk

Does auto correct change a word you misspell without you knowing? Or do people just not see it's highlighted in red?
(08-01-2016, 09:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Posted via Tapatalk

Meh. It's just not a priority to me, I guess. And, I'm bad about proofing before hitting send. Oopsie!  LOL

Posted via Tapatalk

Does auto correct change a word you misspell without you knowing? Or do people just not see it's highlighted in red?
It's mostly when I'm posting from my cell phone. I use "Swype". It tries to anticipate what I'm writing (going to write). If I don't watch it carefully it changes words to what it thinks I'm writing. Like the last sentence... It changed "don't" to"dinner", but I caught it.

Posted via Tapatalk
(08-01-2016, 09:45 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(08-01-2016, 09:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Posted via Tapatalk

Posted via Tapatalk

It's mostly when I'm posting from my cell phone.  I use "Swype".  It tries to anticipate what I'm writing (going to write).  If I don't watch it carefully it changes words to what it thinks I'm writing.  Like the last sentence... It changed "don't" to"dinner", but I caught it.

Posted via Tapatalk
I see. I have that swipe thing too but I decided not to use it. I always just talk in to my phone when I text.

I just wondered because people often say the wrong word is there because auto correct did it. I couldn't figure out how auto correct would choose a word with  a person knowing
.. Now I got it LOL.
(08-01-2016, 09:36 PM)tvguy Wrote: Does auto correct change a word you misspell without you knowing? Or do people just not see it's highlighted in red?

Speaking for myself, my biggest offender of this s my Asus 8" mini tab. There is no red line, it just changes the word. To make things worse, it does so on a delay of a second or two after I'm on to other words. I may have a choice of auto correct function but I haven't looked yet. 

I find it easier to dictate and then proof read before sending these days. My phone is better at dictation than my tab so regarding forums, I often read with the larger tab  and post with my phone. Photos are ALWAYS done on my PC.
(08-01-2016, 09:58 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(08-01-2016, 09:36 PM)tvguy Wrote: Does auto correct change a word you misspell without you knowing? Or do people just not see it's highlighted in red?

Speaking for myself, my biggest offender of this s my Asus 8" mini tab. There is no red line, it just changes the word. To make things worse, it does so on a delay of a second or two after I'm on to other words. I may have a choice of auto correct function but I haven't looked yet. 

I find it easier to dictate and then proof read before sending these days. My phone is better at dictation than my tab so regarding forums, I often read with the larger tab  and post with my phone. Photos are ALWAYS done on my PC.

I post solely from my PC. I've used my tablet a couple of times.
[Image: animals-spell-spelling-spell_checkers-sp...06_low.jpg]