Drink Up Weed Users
This week the FDA and DEA refused to reschedule marijuana to at least a schedule 2 drug, which would allow for more testing as to its real medical properties. 

http://www.thedailychronic.net/2016/5239...alization/

Big Alcohol and Pharma are Paying Politicians to Block Marijuana Legalization
(08-11-2016, 08:17 AM)orygunluvr Wrote: This week the FDA and DEA refused to reschedule marijuana to at least a schedule 2 drug, which would allow for more testing as to its real medical properties. 

That is a very interesting article and I know that much of it is verified by facts. Correctional officers unions have contributed lots of money to keep weed illegal and fight alternative sentencing for small time pot and drug offenders. The don't want to lose the business. Same with big Pharma. Chuck posted an article about big Pharma's anti medical marijuana campaign.
(08-11-2016, 09:02 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(08-11-2016, 08:17 AM)orygunluvr Wrote: This week the FDA and DEA refused to reschedule marijuana to at least a schedule 2 drug, which would allow for more testing as to its real medical properties. 

That is a very interesting article and I know that much of it is verified by facts. Correctional officers unions have contributed lots of money to keep weed illegal and fight alternative sentencing for small time pot and drug offenders. The don't want to lose the business. Same with big Pharma. Chuck posted an article about big Pharma's anti medical marijuana campaign.
one thing I read about this issue was if big government gets to regulate the industry it could be worse for the medical than with them not.
(08-11-2016, 09:56 AM)orygunluvr Wrote:

one thing I read about this issue was if big government gets to regulate the industry it could be worse for the medical than with them not.

The only thing you got wrong is the testing part. Check this out:

Obama’s New Medical Marijuana Policy Could Lead to Federal Legalization

By Mark Joseph Stern
[img=590x0]file:///var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/75BB74D6-223D-4EB8-A9D3-24DD90D5C73D/Library/Caches/ImageCache/3958f549d0aaf3629b7b6193fe9000fd[/img]A worker at a cannabis greenhouse at the growing facility of the Tikun Olam company on March 7, 2011, near the northern city of Safed, Israel.
Starting Thursday, the federal government will take a new approachto medical marijuana research: The government will allow new research institutions to grow marijuana and conduct clinical studies with the plant, after years of allowing only the University of Mississippi to conduct marijuana research. Even though the Drug Enforcement Administration is not loosening legal restrictions on marijuana, this is actually a pretty big step toward a more compassionate and science-based approach to cannabis after decades of rigid prohibition.

Although a majority of Americans support legalizing marijuana, the Obama administration has been surprisingly reluctant to ease federal restrictions. (His Justice Department has allowed states to experiment with legalization, but it still prosecutes growers and users sporadically.) Cannabis is currently listed as a Schedule I drug, along with substances like heroin. That means that under federal standards, the plant is one of “the most dangerous drugs” and has “no currently accepted medical use.”

Most marijuana reform advocates assume that the DEA will eventually reschedule the substance to a Schedule II drug. That label would still be somewhat silly, putting marijuana’s dangerousness on par with cocaine and methamphetamine. But it would make cannabis research vastly easier, and likely make federal marijuana prosecution a very low priority. Presuming the research proved fruitful, the DEA would probably eventually move marijuana further down that schedule. That, in turn, would finally make the medical marijuana systems currently in place in 25 states and the District of Columbia legal, rather than an unlawful experiment to which the feds sometimes turn a blind eye.

By changing the monopoly system on marijuana research, the Obama administration could finally jump-start this long-stalled process. The few reliable studies we do have on marijuana are extraordinarily encouraging: Cannabis appears to be useful in treating arthritis, cancer, chronic pain, anxiety, depression, glaucoma, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, and Alzheimer’s. But the research arguably remains thin enough to allow the federal government to maintain marijuana’s Schedule I status. Until now, this Catch-22 has kept medical marijuana research largely frozen: In order to do research on the drug’s medical benefits, scientists needed access to it; in order to gain access, they had to prove it was medically beneficial. As of Thursday, that loop is no more, and when the results of the news studies begin rolling in, the DEA may feel compelled to take a harder look at marijuana’s proven benefits—and legal status.

Of course, Congress could also curtail this process by stepping in and reclassifying marijuana itself, as the National Conference of State Legislatures is demanding. But the politics of the issue are tricky on both sides: Many but certainly not all congressional Democrats favor broad legalization, while Republicans remain deeply divided on medical marijuana. For now, rescheduling is the absolute best reform advocates can hope for—and it seems all but inevitable after Thursday’s announcement.
Not to not pick but that's what I said, rescheduling it will give more access to medical research, where as now a good portion of the research funding goes to the NIDA, National Institute on Drug Abuse. GW Pharma expects to be selling their cbd oil from pharmacies next year, the catch is that it is thc free, which cbd needs a small percentage of thc to work effectively. Also the oil needs to be whole plant extract and not mixed strains to create franken oil.
(08-11-2016, 09:25 PM)orygunluvr Wrote: Not to not pick but that's what I said, rescheduling it will give more access to medical research, where as now a good portion of the research funding goes to the NIDA, National Institute on Drug Abuse. GW Pharma expects to be selling their cbd oil from pharmacies next year, the catch is that it is thc free, which cbd needs a small percentage of thc to work effectively. Also the oil needs to be whole plant extract and not mixed strains to create franken oil.

With fancy names like Morbidtal.
(08-11-2016, 09:25 PM)orygunluvr Wrote: Not to not pick but that's what I said, rescheduling it will give more access to medical research, where as now a good portion of the research funding goes to the NIDA, National Institute on Drug Abuse. GW Pharma expects to be selling their cbd oil from pharmacies next year, the catch is that it is thc free, which cbd needs a small percentage of thc to work effectively. Also the oil needs to be whole plant extract and not mixed strains to create franken oil.

Did you see the documentary Growing Hope about getting the State of Viginia to allow parents to treat their children with epilepsy with marijuana oils high in CDBs? The documentary details the struggles of several families that simply wanted to help their kids, but were prohibited by the State of Virginia from doing so because of the prohibition against marijuana. 

I watched it on TV and found it very informative. Here is the link:

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-new...ds-n369796
(08-12-2016, 06:14 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

Did you see the documentary Growing Hope about getting the State of Viginia to allow parents to treat their children with epilepsy with marijuana oils high in CDBs? The documentary details the struggles of several families that simply wanted to help their kids, but were prohibited by the State of Virginia from doing so because of the prohibition against marijuana. 

I watched it on TV and found it very informative. Here is the link:

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-new...ds-n369796

Well Viginia, move away from there, Oregon is the place to be.
California is off the hook right now with federal enforcement arresting and seizing properties of growers and manufacturers using state records and local law enforcement. It's on it's way north I'm sure, it's going on in the yreka area right now.
http://www.naturalnews.com/054957_cannab...iving.html

Alcohol industry deploys fear tactics to ensure politicians keep cannabis illegal, secret DNC emails reveal

Learn more:  http://www.naturalnews.com/054957_cannabis_prohibition_driving.html#ixzz4H9YlL1kB
(08-12-2016, 01:48 PM)orygunluvr Wrote: http://www.naturalnews.com/054957_cannab...iving.html

Alcohol industry deploys fear tactics to ensure politicians keep cannabis illegal, secret DNC emails reveal

Learn more:  http://www.naturalnews.com/054957_cannabis_prohibition_driving.html#ixzz4H9YlL1kB

Depressing news. I visited those sites. It looks like the alcohol industry wants to keep dangerous pot smokers off the highways.
(08-12-2016, 01:42 PM)orygunluvr Wrote: California is off the hook right now with federal enforcement arresting and seizing properties of growers and manufacturers using state records and local law enforcement. It's on it's way north I'm sure, it's going on in the yreka area right now.

In Siskiyou County, it is the anti marijuana Sheriff that is causing the trouble. Siskiyou County residents support him so what ya gunna do?
(08-12-2016, 02:20 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(08-12-2016, 01:42 PM)orygunluvr Wrote: California is off the hook right now with federal enforcement arresting and seizing properties of growers and manufacturers using state records and local law enforcement. It's on it's way north I'm sure, it's going on in the yreka area right now.

In Siskiyou County, it is the anti marijuana Sheriff that is causing the trouble. Siskiyou County residents support him so what ya gunna do?

arresting and seizing properties of growers and manufacturers using state records and local law enforcement. It's on it's way north

IMO it's most likely people still breaking the law one way or another. I know here in Jackson county there were growers crying foul  that the feds were taking there weed.
But those people were exporting it out of state.

A huge part of the so called medical MJ industry is nothing mote than a front to sell weed for big profits.

I want to think that's why there are still feds busting people.

Aren't they a bunch ofstate of Jefferson wing nuts?
(08-12-2016, 03:32 PM)tvguy Wrote:

arresting and seizing properties of growers and manufacturers using state records and local law enforcement. It's on it's way north

IMO it's most likely people still breaking the law one way or another. I know here in Jackson county there were growers crying foul  that the feds were taking there weed.

A huge part of the so called medical MJ industry is nothing mote than a front to sell weed for big profits.

It is just government sponsored price support for the MJ industries.
(08-12-2016, 03:32 PM)tvguy Wrote:

That's also a factor since we don't know if those getting raided were running severely against the laws they wanted. I do know this since getting boy his card and using oils for seizures, we have been given hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of oil for free and paid lots of money for some.

He's also most likely had been threatened with losing some federal dollars if he doesn't hammer producers.
https://www.marijuanatimes.org/reactions...kerfuffle/

Drug Enforcement Agency
In our phone conversation, the DEA representative explained they get their cues from Health and Human Services and the Department of Justice – or Congress. Then, our conversation devolved into this typical anecdote: 
“If someone smokes a joint, will we find out and blow down the door and arrest someone? Anyone in violation risks prosecution, however,” he laughed, “we have to make enforcement and investigative decisions that are the most impactful and that taxpayers get most value from and small time less significant investigations don’t end up being prosecuted at the federal level and we don’t have the resources. It’s not good policy or practice.”
“We are tethered to science and bound to statute and we can’t change unless the FDA determines it has medicinal use,” he said in an exclusive interview.

Hmmm no money to be made by those growing, selling, etc is there? Hmmm wonder why I have such a large stack of twenties from them then if there is no money on their side. ( one week one grow far less then forty hours by me ,deliveries by me I do heavy equipment and the like and have nothing to do with the industry in any way)[Image: 3650666e82fb2c058e229a05c49b6506.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
(08-13-2016, 02:33 PM)capitalist pig Wrote:

Hmmm no money to be made by those growing, selling, etc is there? Hmmm wonder why I have such a large stack of twenties from them then if there is no money on their side.  ( one week one grow far less then forty hours by me ,deliveries by me  I do heavy equipment and the like and have nothing to do with the industry in any way)[Image: 3650666e82fb2c058e229a05c49b6506.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

God, I just realized your stupidity extends to areas beyond politics. Of course weed growers are making money; that is the whole point capitalist pig. Marijuana farm workers are required to get permits to work legally. Recreational weed growers, wholesalers, processors and labs are certified by the state of Oregon. What are you a damned commie?