New Ashland Citizen Powered News Site
Welcome to Ashland Talks! 

We are just getting started so please excuse the “dust” around here. Until we officially launch, you can satisfy your great curiosity of what exactly is this site all about. Read on…

What is Ashland Talks you say?
Ashland Talks (AshlandTalks.com) is a citizen and community journalism, news and information site. The site was started because there is a lack of a centralized place where all citizens (and visitors) of Ashland, Oregon can express their opinion. Whether it be a strong editorial piece, or just letting folks know about a good party, fundraiser or even garage sale; this site is the best place to post it. There are no staff reporters, what you see is what you submit. You can read more about AshlandTalks.com by going to the About Ashland Talks page.

How Do I Get Started?
Quick and easy registration will allow you to add stories, comments, events or other information that your fellow Ashlandians might find useful or entertaining.
Thanks again for stopping by!
(08-13-2016, 09:20 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Welcome to Ashland Talks! 

We are just getting started so please excuse the “dust” around here. Until we officially launch, you can satisfy your great curiosity of what exactly is this site all about. Read on…

Ashland Talks (AshlandTalks.com) is a citizen and community journalism, news and information site. The site was started because there is a lack of a centralized place where all citizens (and visitors) of Ashland, Oregon can express their opinion. Whether it be a strong editorial piece, or just letting folks know about a good party, fundraiser or even garage sale; this site is the best place to post it. There are no staff reporters, what you see is what you submit. You can read more about AshlandTalks.com by going to the About Ashland Talks page.

How Do I Get Started?
Quick and easy registration will allow you to add stories, comments, events or other information that your fellow Ashlandians might find useful or entertaining.

I wonder if Rowan is behind this one too?
Good luck
(08-14-2016, 08:58 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-13-2016, 09:20 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Welcome to Ashland Talks! 

How Do I Get Started?

I wonder if Rowan is behind this one too?
Different name; but who knows.

Posted via Tapatalk
(08-14-2016, 08:58 AM)Juniper Wrote: I wonder if Rowan is behind this one too?

I have no idea what Rowan does. What news site does he currently run?
(08-14-2016, 10:05 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

He was running the Ashland FB site. But it was a deeply divided forum.  And it seemed that it if you didn't post in a prescribed way you got booted.  It was very liberal.
(08-14-2016, 10:18 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-14-2016, 10:05 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

He was running the Ashland FB site. But it was a deeply divided forum.  And it seemed that it if you didn't post in a prescribed way you got booted.  It was very liberal.

Oh.

Edit: My shortest post ever.

Edit: Well it was....
Quote:Submitting news and events to Ashland Talks is quick and easy.
  1. Use our painless registration form to get a free user account.
  2. Submit an article, event, classified, cool picture, or whatever, on this page.
  3. After a moderator approves the post it will appear on the front page

That #3.... It could very well be slanted to the  'moderators' views.

That what I like about this place. No views are moderated.
There are several Ashland FB sites. Ashland Peeps is good. My Guess is this may be the Houks. Actually there are lots of places to discuss life in Ashland.
(08-14-2016, 12:31 PM)bbqboy Wrote: There are several Ashland FB sites. Ashland Peeps is good. My Guess is this may be the Houks. Actually there are lots of places to discuss life in Ashland.

I wonder if every other post is about the greatness of Marijuana. How it can heal or cure ANYTHING and how you can used it to make or build anything. Razz
Or if there are as many conspiracy theorists as other FB groups.
(08-14-2016, 11:32 AM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:Submitting news and events to Ashland Talks is quick and easy.
  1. Use our painless registration form to get a free user account.
  2. Submit an article, event, classified, cool picture, or whatever, on this page.
  3. After a moderator approves the post it will appear on the front page

That #3.... It could very well be slanted to the  'moderators' views.

That what I like about this place. No views are moderated.

I asked the owner of this site if he has checked on it lately. He said, "is that site still active?" OK, he really just said no.   Big Grin
(08-14-2016, 12:51 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-14-2016, 12:31 PM)bbqboy Wrote: There are several Ashland FB sites. Ashland Peeps is good. My Guess is this may be the Houks. Actually there are lots of places to discuss life in Ashland.

I wonder if every other post is about the greatness of Marijuana. How it can heal or cure ANYTHING and how you can used it to make or build anything. Razz

Well it does make good paper and rope.. and cloth.
I think diesel engines were originally intended to run on hemp oil.

And it also prevents and cures cancer. Big Grin
(08-14-2016, 02:00 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(08-14-2016, 12:51 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Well it does make good paper and rope.. and cloth.
I think diesel engines were originally intended to run on hemp oil.

And it also prevents and cures cancer. Big Grin

I know things can be made with hemp. But I get sick of people acting like it is so much better than the paper, cloth or rope we have.
If it was there are other countries all over the world who could have and would have produced these hemp products.

It does indeed have promising properties to fight cancer.
To say it cures or prevents cancer is at best misleading.

Ive read some pretty convincing articles that shoot down the myth that legalizing Hemp will be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

There is. Whichever one Rowan was running seemed lefty to me. And it seemed to be moderated. If it didn't match what the tone was that he was selling you didn't get to stay.
(08-14-2016, 03:12 PM)Juniper Wrote:

There is. Whichever one Rowan was running seemed lefty to me. And it seemed to be moderated. If it didn't match what the tone was that he was selling you didn't get to stay.
Was it actually on FB? I know he used to have a forum... like RVF.

Posted via Tapatalk
(08-14-2016, 03:20 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

Was it actually on FB? I know he used to have a forum... like RVF.

Posted via Tapatalk
I just looked back at my messages on Messenger... He did have a FB group.

Posted via Tapatalk

That seems a little dull.
(08-14-2016, 03:48 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Rowan was dull Razz
True. He's now known as XerRowan, just to set the record straight.
(08-14-2016, 04:54 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-14-2016, 03:48 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Rowan was dull Razz

He was the forums google master.