Bates's Seat in Oregon Senate
Two more contenders enter fray to replace Bates 

Dr. Anne Alftine and writer John Darling join field of 12 candidates

Well.

personally know of three people who are not running for this vacant seat caused by the untimely death of Sen. Alan Bates. You probably know of a three or four who haven't tossed thier hats in the ring too. So at least not EVERYBODY in the country in competing for the job. 

There will be a question and answer meeting tonight (FRI) at the Medford library. I won't bother. There will be more people waiting for questions than people there to ASK the questons. 

I admire folks who want to serve the public by going to Salem to represent us. I don't necessary admire folks who are simply "job seekers" looking for the perks of public office but don't have the necessary background to do the job once there. 

I'll be watching the Mail Tribune hoping to see good reporting about those who are serious, and rise to the top of the list of serious candidates. 

We live in difficult times. We need responsible people with backgrounds that will make them effective in office. 

Time for those of us who are NOT seeking this office to be alert and attentive. 
I can't figure out what you're bitching about.
(08-19-2016, 09:46 PM)bbqboy Wrote: I can't figure out what you're bitching about.

Maybe summertime is going for the job.
(08-19-2016, 09:46 PM)bbqboy Wrote: I can't figure out what you're bitching about.

The things you "can't figuue out" are counted in the millions.
(08-20-2016, 08:29 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

I know you have everything figured out.
Except for not being an asshole.
I 'm of the opinion that if one is eligible,  run. 
And I'm good with Tonia Moro.
(08-21-2016, 06:16 AM)bbqboy Wrote:

" I 'm of the opinion that if one is eligible,  run. " ???

that could be a lot of people.
Exactly. Give the people what they want.
(08-21-2016, 06:16 AM)bbqboy Wrote:

Hew BBQ what the fuck? YOU are the one being an asshole. Why the fuck did you even makes a comment on this thread other than to be an asshole.
Going back to your good old days when your comments were mostly UGLY?

This was you being a TROL ...nothing else
Bullshit. Wonky 's comments don't make sense. I don't look to the Mail Tribunes ' board to make up my mind. I like Tonia Moro.
Simple enough. I can no longer put up with Windy's subtle I am better than you attitude.
Ain't nothing wrong with me, other than being tired of being talked down to.
(08-21-2016, 01:49 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Bullshit. Wonky 's comments don't make sense. I don't look to the Mail Tribunes ' board to make up my mind. I like Tonia Moro.
Simple enough. I can no longer put up with Windy's subtle I am better than you attitude.

Wonky didn't post to you. And Your comment to him was asking for " being talked down to".

Whatever.
(08-21-2016, 01:53 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-21-2016, 01:49 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Bullshit. Wonky 's comments don't make sense. I don't look to the Mail Tribunes ' board to make up my mind. I like Tonia Moro.

Wonky didn't post to you. And Your comment to him was asking for " being talked down to".

Whatever.

"Whatever" the perfect response. 

If he (BBQ) didn't like the content or tone of my post, fine. Wasn't directed at him personally. 

But I don't think I deserve the asshole label for it. 

As for "talking down" to anyone: A joke. Hell, I almost always am talking "uphill" trying to make a point. My point in that post, however lame, was that everybody and his brother (and sister) was jumping on the bandwagon to fill this now vacant seat. Unusual to say the least. 

Might have been of some interest if BBQ had posted why he is so enamored by Ms. Moro. But, as we know, BBQ will nevr use 3 words when he thinks two will do. The Calvin Coolidge of our forum.  Laughing

PS: Hey TVg, maybe you could take BBQ out for a beer and teach him to use the reply feature. Naw...it would take more than one session. And first, you would most likely have to slap him around just to get his attention.  Razz
(08-21-2016, 07:07 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: "Whatever" the perfect response. 

If he (BBQ) didn't like the content or tone of my post, fine. Wasn't directed at him personally. 

As for "talking down" to anyone: A joke. Hell, I almost always am talking "uphill" trying to make a point. My point in that post, however lame, was that everybody and his brother (and sister) was jumping on the bandwagon to fill this now vacant seat. Unusual to say the least. 

Might have been of some interest if BBQ had posted why he is so enamored by Ms. Moro. But, as we know, BBQ will nevr use 3 words when he thinks two will do. The Calvin Coolidge of our forum.  Laughing

PS: Hey TVg, maybe you could take BBQ out for a beer and teach him to use the reply feature. Naw...it would take more than one session. And first, you would most likely have to slap him around just to get his attention.  Razz

It takes a certain IQ to master the reply feature.
(08-22-2016, 01:45 PM)GPnative Wrote:

OUCH Razz
(08-22-2016, 01:51 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 01:45 PM)GPnative Wrote:

OUCH Razz

Yeah, but you know bbqboy will never use the reply feature because Wonky keeps mentioning it. And Wonk will stop mentioning it because it apparently bugs him. And round and round we go.
Maybe I can read and comprehend without an incredibly tedious chain of posts.
Tonia Moro knows where the levers of power are.
(08-22-2016, 02:45 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Maybe I can read and comprehend without an incredibly tedious chain of posts.

Cletus is right. You are just being stubborn and what you claim above is just an excuse.
(08-22-2016, 03:10 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 02:45 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Maybe I can read and comprehend without an incredibly tedious chain of posts.

Cletus is right. You are just being stubborn and what you claim above is just an excuse.

Barbie marches to the beat of a differnt drummer.
Or would, if he could march.
See, your need to subtly (or not) show your imagined superiority is just tiring. And I'll repeat again, out of the dozen Or more forums I post on, this is by far the most anal.
Apparently, other folks don't suffer from comprehension problems. I'm sorry you didn't go to college, wonky, but your Desperate attempt to appear smart is extremely tiring, and I'll continue to call you out on it. Now go read David Brooks so you'll know what to say next.
(08-23-2016, 06:43 AM)bbqboy Wrote: See, your need to subtly (or not) show your imagined superiority is just tiring. And I'll repeat again, out of the dozen Or more forums I post on, this is by far the most anal.
Apparently, other folks don't suffer from comprehension problems. I'm sorry you didn't go to college, wonky, but your Desperate attempt to appear smart is extremely tiring, and I'll continue to call you out on it. Now go read David Brooks so you'll know what to say next.

I'm not sure why I bother, but here goes:

This is the "meat" of the original post "Bates seat in Oregnon Senate"

"I admire folks who want to serve the public by going to Salem to represent us. I don't necessary admire folks who are simply "job seekers" looking for the perks of public office but don't have the necessary background to do the job once there. 

I'll be watching the Mail Tribune hoping to see good reporting about those who are serious, and rise to the top of the list of serious candidates. 

We live in difficult times. We need responsible people with backgrounds that will make them effective in office. 

Time for those of us who are NOT seeking this office to be alert and attentive."

Nothing here that might suggest I am trying to "appear smart". Just a topical comment about political stuff going on in our valley. (And I'm JUST smart enough to not attmept to appear smart...a losing cause) 

But I will continue to read David Brooks. Now that guy IS smart! 

So let loose your slings and arrows. I hope something about doing it will make you feel better.
I'm just tired of your not so veiled condescension.