Damn good deal
I decided to order some fertilizer online. It's 45 bucks. I was going to order it through Amazon.com where I often buy things.
But when I started to order they offered me 50 bucks credit if I get their Prime card or Visa.
So I get my fertilizer for free and 5 bucks left over for a six pack.. What a country.

https://www.amazon.com/Chase-Amazon-com-...B007URFTYI
(08-22-2016, 01:29 PM)tvguy Wrote: I decided to order some fertilizer online. It's 45 bucks. I was going to order it through Amazon.com where I often buy things.
But when I started to order they offered me 50 bucks credit if I get their Prime card or Visa.
So I get my fertilizer for free and 5 bucks left over for a six pack.. What a country.

I read the reviews on the credit card which were not all good, although the reviews did not deter me, I already have a Visa Miles card and Discover card that I use for free airline travel. I pay off both cards monthly, so I never pay interest. That said, if I was shopping on Amazon like you were and wanted $50 bucks for free, I might have signed up. 

I guess the main reason for me to not get a Chase/Amazon credit card is that I try not to buy from Amazon just like I try not to shop at Walmart. I often find products cheaper from the manufacturer than on Amazon anyway. Enjoy your $50 sucker.  Big Grin

Edit: Like this product: 

http://www.pestrong.com/1261-shuttle-o-miticide-pt.html

https://www.amazon.com/Shuttle-Miticide-...B005EJEDLO
(08-22-2016, 01:56 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 01:29 PM)tvguy Wrote: I decided to order some fertilizer online. It's 45 bucks. I was going to order it through Amazon.com where I often buy things.

I read the reviews on the credit card which were not all good, although the reviews did not deter me, I already have a Visa Miles card and Discover card that I use for free airline travel. I pay off both cards monthly, so I never pay interest. That said, if I was shopping on Amazon like you were and wanted $50 bucks for free, I might have signed up. 

I guess the main reason for me to not get a Chase/Amazon credit card is that I try not to buy from Amazon just like I try not to shop at Walmart. I often find products cheaper from the manufacturer than on Amazon anyway. Enjoy your $50 sucker.  Big Grin

I have all kinds of credit cards.I signed up for the free 50 bucks. This new card will probably neverbe used.

I don't understand what Amazon has to do with Walmart.

I often find products cheaper from the manufacturer than on Amazon anyway

Sure I found my item for sale cheaper at other places. But they all charge for shipping which made Amazon the cheapest.
But in this case I got it for FREE.. and I'm a sucker? Blink
(08-22-2016, 02:15 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I have all kinds of credit cards.I signed up for the free 50 bucks. This new card will probably neverbe used.

Sure I found my item for sale cheaper at other places. But they all charge for shipping which made Amazon the cheapest.

Hey sucker, I was kidding. Now read my updated post. 

Also, Amazon has nothing to "do with" Walmart. The are just both shit companies IMO because they treat their employees like slaves.
(08-22-2016, 02:20 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 02:15 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Hey sucker, I was kidding. Now read my updated post. 

Also, Amazon has nothing to "do with" Walmart. The are just both shit companies IMO because they treat their employees like slaves.
OK I had no clue about Amazon and their employees. And I figured you must have been kidding.

I saw your links. Yes I get that sometimes there are better deals than Amazon. Smiling
I love my Amazon card through Chase. I earn points for future purchases. I pay it off each month, just using it to pay bills I would normally use my debit card for. I rarely have to pay for a purchase with Amazon now. Smiling
(08-22-2016, 03:14 PM)HolyMaryMotherOfGod Wrote: I love my Amazon card through Chase. I earn points for future purchases. I pay it off each month, just using it to pay bills I would normally use my debit card for. I rarely have to pay for a purchase with Amazon now. Smiling

Yep, I didn't get in to the details of how you can save $ using the card. I've just NEVER seen anyone offer 50 bucks to get their card. It's usually like 5 bucks.
So IMO it's amazing that instead of spending 45 bucks for what I wanted I got it for free plus  a fiver Big Grin
Well? No one here took advantage of 50 bucks free towards just about anything you can think of?
(09-01-2016, 03:14 PM)tvguy Wrote: Well? No one here took advantage of 50 bucks free towards just about anything you can think of?

I may have considered it further but I don't want to mess with my credit score right now. I'm still pissed Costco forced a switch to Citibank on us or we loose a half year of cashback earnings so we already have one too many cards.
(09-01-2016, 03:59 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(09-01-2016, 03:14 PM)tvguy Wrote: Well? No one here took advantage of 50 bucks free towards just about anything you can think of?

I may have considered it further but I don't want to mess with my credit score right now. I'm still pissed Costco forced a switch to Citibank on us or we loose a half year of cashback earnings so we already have one too many cards.

I'm not to savvy on this kind of stuff. I had no idea applying for another CC affected ones credit score.

I only went back and looked at this thread because you reminded me of it Big Grin
This thread has allegedly been viewed 95 times and so far no one has said they took advantage of this.

I just wonder why. My guess is that some people are suspicious. The old... "if it looks to good to be true it probably  isn't true".... thing.

I once won 44 hundred dollars in Reno. For every 10 bucks I won I was given a ticket for a drawing to win a bunch of cash.
That means I had 440 tickets or chances to win the cash prize. But I had to leave Reno and I couldn't stay for the drawing.

You would not believe how hard it was to GIVE those tickets away. People acted like I was trying to scam away their life savings. Sometimes people are just TOO suspicious.
We are a one credit card household. Carry no balance. We do not open new accounts, fifty bucks or not.Too many accounts negatively impacts your credit score as does having your credit report ran too much.
(09-01-2016, 05:45 PM)GPnative Wrote: We are a one credit card household. Carry no balance. We do not open new accounts, fifty bucks or not.Too many accounts negatively impacts your credit score as does having your credit report ran too much.

Yeah I don't EVER carry a balance on credit cards either.

Too many accounts negatively impacts your credit score as does having your credit report ran too much.

OK but you said you have ONE credit card. So applying for one more is "too much" and that will negatively impact your credit score?

That doesn't seem likely to me but thanks for explaining why.
(09-01-2016, 05:59 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-01-2016, 05:45 PM)GPnative Wrote: We are a one credit card household. Carry no balance. We do not open new accounts, fifty bucks or not.Too many accounts negatively impacts your credit score as does having your credit report ran too much.

Too many accounts negatively impacts your credit score as does having your credit report ran too much.

OK but you said you have ONE credit card. So applying for one more is "too much" and that will negatively impact your credit score?

Probably not, but who knows what algorithms they use. Bottom line is we only need one card and Not worth the 50 dollar bribe for us to open another imo. But, it was worth it for you, so nothing wrong with that.
(09-01-2016, 06:07 PM)GPnative Wrote:

Probably not, but who knows what algorithms they use. Bottom line is we only need one card and Not worth the 50 dollar bribe for us to open another imo. But, it was worth it for you, so nothing wrong with that.

OK but bribe sort of indicates illegal or dishonest LOL. It's an inducement or a gift as far as I see.

I actually looked up how opening credit card accounts affects your credit score and it it's VERY minor for one card and is only temporarily.
Maybe if you are about to get a home loan or something It might matter. I have excellent credit and I won't be borrowing any money so for me it's like finding 50 bucks on the ground.
(09-01-2016, 06:38 PM)tvguy Wrote:

OK but bribe sort of indicates illegal or dishonest LOL. It's an inducement or a gift as far as I see.

I actually looked up how opening credit card accounts affects your credit score and it it's VERY minor for one card and is only temporarily.
Maybe if you are about to get a home loan or something It might matter. I have excellent credit and I won't be borrowing any money so for me it's like finding 50 bucks on the ground.

It also makes a difference how much credit you're extended on each card. I think that's the proper word for the amount you are allowed to borrow.  Embarrassed Mine was just doubled with the move by Costco.
(09-01-2016, 08:21 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(09-01-2016, 06:38 PM)tvguy Wrote:

It also makes a difference how much credit you're extended on each card. I think that's the proper word for the amount you are allowed to borrow.  Embarrassed Mine was just doubled with the move by Costco.
Interesting.I don't have a clue how much debt I can run up on this card.
(09-01-2016, 10:45 PM)tvguy Wrote: Interesting.I don't have a clue how much debt I can run up on this card.

Did you setup an online account? Your statement, or even the page you pay your bill should show your available funds. You can usually ask for a higher limit on your online account page also.
(09-01-2016, 11:26 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(09-01-2016, 10:45 PM)tvguy Wrote: Interesting.I don't have a clue how much debt I can run up on this card.

Did you setup an online account? Your statement, or even the page you pay your bill should show your available funds. You can usually ask for a higher limit on your online account page also.

Or start charging stuff until, it won't let you charge anymore. Big Grin
(09-01-2016, 11:26 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

No I have no use for this thing. I just wanted the 50 bucks. I already have online accounts. Smiling
I prefer to use my discover card and the only reason I have a Visa card is that some companies still don't accept Discover Card, especially in other countries. I have an $10,000 limit on my card, but rarely go over $1,000.