...An Now Congressman Walden
Greg Walden, never confused with being a liberal gadfly, has shown the courgage to join so many Republicans and condem the dispicable man the party voted to represent them as the candidate for presdident of our country.

Donald Trump has attracted a group of ill informed and desperate folks who feel left out after the changing our the "New World Economy" that has eliminated so many of their jobs. We can all understand their frustrations and anger, but most of us find it hard to understand how they can continute to support a man like Trump. Still, he seems to be holding that "base" of voters who will support him no matter his conduct and lack of information and simplistic slogans. That group is said to represent some 40 percent of the voters. Dangerous then, if folks who oppose all Trump stands for should fail to vote. 

Mr. Walden's comments: 

DONALD TRUMP
Walden condemns lewd comments 
By Dana Tims
The Oregonian
Rep. Greg Walden, R-Ore., has joined a growing stampede of top Republicans condemning lewd remarks made late last week by Donald Trump, their party’s presidential nominee.
Trump has come under intense pressure from many leaders in his party to step down after the release of taped comments he made 11 years ago during the filming of an NBC television show.
Trump, resorting to numerous vulgarities, bragged that he regularly kissed, groped and tried to have sex with woman. “When you’re a star,” he said in as video obtained by The Washington Post, “they let you do it.”
Walden, in a brief statement issued from his WashingtonD.C. office, said: “Of course I condemn Mr. Trump’s comments on women. They were disrespectful and disgusting, and not representative of the Republican Party I grew up in and have worked hard to support and grow. While some aren’t surprised by his behavior, it’s clear he and he alone is responsible for his actions and statements. My focus continues to be on serving the people of southern, central, and eastern Oregon, and maintaining a Republican majority in the House so we can get the country on a better path.”
Walden’s office did not respond to follow-up questions asking whether the statement indicated that Walden is dropping the support he earlier announced for the New York businessman’s presidential bid. New York Times reported, meanwhile, that Walden participated in a conference call with House Speaker Paul Ryan, during which Walden advised other representatives to use new polls in their respective districts as indicators of how to respond to the fallout from Trump’s comments.
The newspaper said Walden told them “they should brace for a steep erosion of support for Trump and acknowledged the falloff could undermine congressional candidates, too,” according to the report. Since the release of the tape, a number of high-ranking Republicans have either dropped their support for Trump or indicated they will no longer aid his campaign.
Trump has made it clear that he is not about to give up his spot atop the Republican ticket.
What a pussy.
(10-12-2016, 07:15 AM)bbqboy Wrote: What a pussy.

Your eloquence and abilty to provide complete and clear statedments is remarkable. Or not.  Wink
I say what needs to be said. I went to college. I don't need to prove I'm smart by posting a lot of gobbledygook. I know your goal is to subtly demean others in order to make yourself feel better, but I refuse to play along anymore.
Walden has always impressed me as a "me too" kind of Congressman. I don't recall anything remarkable about his time in office. Maybe that's a plus, I don't know. This just seems like more of the same for him.

"Rep. Greg Walden, R-Ore., has joined a growing stampede of top Republicans ...."

That pretty much describes him perfectly.
(10-12-2016, 07:40 AM)bbqboy Wrote: I say what needs to be said. I went to college. I don't need to prove I'm smart by posting a lot of gobbledygook. I know your goal is to subtly demean others in order to make yourself feel better, but I refuse to play along anymore.

BBQ, my response was because it was not clear if you were suggesting Walden was a pussy or if I was a pussy for the remarks I posted. 

I'm glad you had the opportunity to go to college. Did it stick?  Smiling
(10-12-2016, 08:37 AM)Cuzz Wrote: Walden has always impressed me as a "me too" kind of Congressman. I don't recall anything remarkable about his time in office. Maybe that's a plus, I don't know. This just seems like more of the same for him.

"Rep. Greg Walden, R-Ore., has joined a growing stampede of top Republicans ...."

"A staopmpede of top Republicans" to do what? It might make a difference. I hope its a stampede to denounce Trump. 

I'm a Democrat, Walden is (as you know) a Republican. I've voted for him, and will again. I'd vote for a Democrat (most likely) if there was one who had a chance in hell of beating him but there is not. And, if reelected Walden will have 20 years service in congress. That carries some weight, and because he is our guy, it could help us.
(10-12-2016, 03:49 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-12-2016, 08:37 AM)Cuzz Wrote: Walden has always impressed me as a "me too" kind of Congressman. I don't recall anything remarkable about his time in office. Maybe that's a plus, I don't know. This just seems like more of the same for him.

"A staopmpede of top Republicans" to do what? It might make a difference. I hope its a stampede to denounce Trump. 

I'm a Democrat, Walden is (as you know) a Republican. I've voted for him, and will again. I'd vote for a Democrat (most likely) if there was one who had a chance in hell of beating him but there is not. And, if reelected Walden will have 20 years service in congress. That carries some weight, and because he is our guy, it could help us.

No, I don't think the "to do what" matters with Walden. You can count on him just following the pack. Right now it's to distance themselves from Trump, so he follows along. If they change their minds tomorrow he'll do that too.
(10-12-2016, 03:55 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

No, I don't think the "to do what" matters with Walden. You can count on him just following the pack. Right now it's to distance themselves from Trump, so he follows along. If they change their minds tomorrow he'll do that too.

Bingo, Walden flows whichever way the wind blows.
(10-12-2016, 05:53 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(10-12-2016, 03:55 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Bingo, Walden flows whichever way the wind blows.

Well, he is a political. Still, wonder if you could give a couple of examples.
We need to stop calling them Congressman and Congresswoman, it should be Congressperson.
There probably are transgender Congresspeople who don't want to be alienated.