Portland Radar Out
So our radar has been out for a few days and since I rely on it daily during rainy season to plan my day I did a search for info. Zero found so I contacted the weather service and they said this was the only statement they have on the issue. 

Quote:Message Date:  Oct 18 2016 01:24:49

KRTX update: Local technicians have determined there was major failure of a critical component. Technicians from the Radar Operations Center in Norman Oklahoma are expected to arrive Tuesday for further diagnosis. KRTX may be unavailable through at least Friday. /JBonk

Seems strange they need to rely on techs as far away as Oklahoma.  Blink
Major failure of a critical component.

Love it, I'm going to use that at work tomorrow
Oklahoma City is the severe storms headquarters.
(10-18-2016, 09:16 PM)Valuesize Wrote: So our radar has been out for a few days and since I rely on it daily during rainy season to plan my day I did a search for info. Zero found so I contacted the weather service and they said this was the only statement they have on the issue. 

Quote:Message Date:  Oct 18 2016 01:24:49

KRTX update: Local technicians have determined there was major failure of a critical component. Technicians from the Radar Operations Center in Norman Oklahoma are expected to arrive Tuesday for further diagnosis. KRTX may be unavailable through at least Friday. /JBonk

Seems strange they need to rely on techs as far away as Oklahoma.  Blink

Not at all. That's very common now days and has been for quite a while for high tech expensive equipment.
Normally these tech reps will walk someone through but if it's too complex they just send a technician from the company.
I could be under warranty and the company is obligated to send someone.