This weather is great!!!
(11-13-2016, 06:58 PM)GPnative Wrote: November 13, and I mowed my lawn in shorts and a T-shirt today.

Back in the 80's when I cut a lot of firewood to survive. I used to be in the mountains splitting wood with my shirt off (Putin style) even in January, sunny days.
Then I would drive back down to cold foggy, smoggy Medford , deliver the wood. Then people would ask how I could stand being out in the weather Razz
(11-13-2016, 07:06 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-13-2016, 06:58 PM)GPnative Wrote: November 13, and I mowed my lawn in shorts and a T-shirt today.

Yeah...my lawn needs mowing. I'm in a bit of a bind.  I can't seem to pull the starter enough to start it...Sad I hired a handyman about 6 weeks ago to do some clean up and he pulled it for me and that's the last time I could mow the lawn. Sad

We use the neighbor's 12 year old son... he charges $10 to do our front and back yard... but we pay him $20.

Edited to add:  He also uses his own mower and his own gas!  Such a deal!  We're happy... he's happy... win/win!
54 degrees at 10:20 pm.  Big Grin
Now look what you've (whomever) done!

It's raining at my house and the leaves are still on the lawn. 

Oh well. Again this year I'm reminded of the Hoosier poet who said:

"When I was forlorn and could find nothing in which to rejoice
and God sends rain
Rain's my choice"

Or sometihiing close to that. 

[video=youtube]http:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgyUYRMWAK4/[/video]
(11-13-2016, 11:13 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

Yeah...my lawn needs mowing. I'm in a bit of a bind.  I can't seem to pull the starter enough to start it...Sad I hired a handyman about 6 weeks ago to do some clean up and he pulled it for me and that's the last time I could mow the lawn. Sad

We use the neighbor's 12 year old son... he charges $10 to do our front and back yard... but we pay him $20.

Edited to add:  He also uses his own mower and his own gas!  Such a deal!  We're happy... he's happy... win/win!

This post is a perfect example to illustrate an economic gap.  Most of the kids in my neighborhood who come door to door to earn money don't have their own equipment. And, as I found out, sadly, they use the false pretense of honest work to scope out your property and steal from you.  Kind of like Obamacare...if you can afford better, you get better...no?
(11-14-2016, 08:46 PM)Juniper Wrote:

This post is a perfect example to illustrate an economic gap.  Most of the kids in my neighborhood who come door to door to earn money don't have their own equipment. And, as I found out, sadly, they use the false pretense of honest work to scope out your property and steal from you.  Kind of like Obamacare...if you can afford better, you get better...no?

Beats me.  We bought our house in March of last year.  The first neighbor we met was when a lady with 7 kids (6 months old to 17 years old) in tow knocked on the door with a plate of homemade cookies and "Welcome to the neighborhood!"  A very nice Mormon family living kind of catty-corner from us.  That day the 15 year old daughter wanted to offer babysitting services and the 17 & 12 year old sons offered yard care services.  They've been amazing neighbors.  We lucked out!
(11-14-2016, 09:33 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

Beats me.  We bought our house in March of last year.  The first neighbor we met was when a lady with 7 kids (6 months old to 17 years old) in tow knocked on the door with a plate of homemade cookies and "Welcome to the neighborhood!"  A very nice Mormon family living kind of catty-corner from us.  That day the 15 year old daughter wanted to offer babysitting services and the 17 & 12 year old sons offered yard care services.  They've been amazing neighbors.  We lucked out!

That said... directly across the street from us some renters moved in a few months back... who I wish would take their 3 POS cars that don't run and have flat tires, their POS motorcycle, their showy Cadillac Escalade and the rest of their shit all over the damn place and move to boonies where they can stand outside and yell curse words at each other all friggin day.  They are the epitome of the term "trailer trash"... and they junk up our nice little 'hood.
(11-14-2016, 09:45 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(11-14-2016, 09:33 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(11-13-2016, 07:06 PM)Juniper Wrote: Yeah...my lawn needs mowing. I'm in a bit of a bind.  I can't seem to pull the starter enough to start it...Sad I hired a handyman about 6 weeks ago to do some clean up and he pulled it for me and that's the last time I could mow the lawn. Sad

That said... directly across the street from us some renters moved in a few months back... who I wish would take their 3 POS cars that don't run and have flat tires, their POS motorcycle, their showy Cadillac Escalade and the rest of their shit all over the damn place and move to boonies where they can stand outside and yell curse words at each other all friggin day.  They are the epitome of the term "trailer trash"... and they junk up our nice little 'hood.

I once lived where there was only one neighbor... for miles. I think it was that same family.   Mad
It looks like we are all in for heavy rains today. For those with property prone to flooding it might be the time to check the sump pumps. 

http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/data/geo/index....thod=flash
(02-08-2017, 08:37 AM)Valuesize Wrote: It looks like we are all in for heavy rains today. For those with property prone to flooding it might be the time to check the sump pumps. 

I put my sump pump in the attic. Damn thing was driving me crazy.
(02-08-2017, 01:12 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(02-08-2017, 08:37 AM)Valuesize Wrote: It looks like we are all in for heavy rains today. For those with property prone to flooding it might be the time to check the sump pumps. 

I put my sump pump in the attic. Damn thing was driving me crazy.

Good idea, when your attic floods, all kinds of stuff gets ruined.
Smiling
Love this.  Smiling

(03-17-2017, 11:50 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Love this.  Smiling

That lady has some seriously slow reflexes. Stevie Wonder would have seen that coming.
(03-18-2017, 03:01 PM)tvguy Wrote: That lady has some seriously slow reflexes. Stevie Wonder would have seen that coming.

She had her face planted in the phone.
Spent the weekend in Newport. The weather was amazing!
[Image: a4a2857f1be915ac3af7fe6669d5ceca.jpg]
Ever wonder what happened to Oldport?
(03-19-2017, 09:48 PM)chuck white Wrote: Ever wonder what happened to Oldport?

No.

Yeah, I used to drink a ton of that stuff.

Who was he??
(03-20-2017, 06:08 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Who was he??

You don't understands Chuck's study of lameology and ensuing jokes? Laughing Laughing

Newport.. Oldport