Trump's tax cut for the rich
(11-21-2016, 01:11 PM)GPnative Wrote: It's a great analogy, it proves that both sides get hung up on bullshit that has zero impact on the inevitable. Trump WILL be president. Obama WAS president. Neither document, tax return or birth cert, changes a damn thing. Folks like VS just want more ammo to hate trump so they are all twisted up over his tax return, just like when folks were all twisted up over the birth cert. It's all meaningless noise and a waste of time.

Totally true. These down-the-rabbit-hole distractions are only relevant to the fringe political obsessives who throw lots of crap against the wall for the rest of us to marvel at. Noise.
(11-21-2016, 01:27 PM)Big Rock Wrote:
(11-21-2016, 01:11 PM)GPnative Wrote: It's a great analogy, it proves that both sides get hung up on bullshit that has zero impact on the inevitable. Trump WILL be president. Obama WAS president. Neither document, tax return or birth cert, changes a damn thing. Folks like VS just want more ammo to hate trump so they are all twisted up over his tax return, just like when folks were all twisted up over the birth cert. It's all meaningless noise and a waste of time.

Totally true. These down-the-rabbit-hole distractions are only relevant to the fringe political obsessives who throw lots of crap against the wall for the rest of us to marvel at. Noise.

"We the people" need to know that the decisions he makes as president are made for us, not to make money for himself. The fact I have to point this out to you is telling.
(11-21-2016, 01:37 PM)Valuesize Wrote: The fact I have to point this out to you is telling.

Not to me.
(11-21-2016, 01:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-21-2016, 12:56 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(11-21-2016, 12:47 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-21-2016, 12:37 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:
(11-21-2016, 07:40 AM)GPnative Wrote: Laughing Laughing
Releasing his tax return is the left's version of the right demanding Obama release his birth certificate.

The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round.....
It was kkkillary that started the birth certificate thing.

I was not here who rode that horse in to the ground even after the BC was made public.

She was not  a BIRTHER and a BIRTHER is now defined as a total idiot who can't or won't accept the truth even when it's been proven.

You know... Like Donald.

No shit Larry.. FINALLY

On April 27, 2011, President Obama made public his long form birth certificate.

But here is what the Moron in Chief had to say AFTER the long form BC was released....

August 6, 2012, in a tweet more than a year after Obama released his longform birth certificate
9. "Was it a birth certificate? You tell me. Some people say that was not his birth certificate. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. I'm saying I don't know. Nobody knows."
- August 2013, to ABC News
10. "How amazing, the State Health Director who verified copies of Obama's 'birth certificate' died in plane crash today. All others lived."

Trump is either incredibly stupid or a racist to have continued to make such IDIOTIC claims.
I don't see how anyone can not admit as much.

Or, maybe he is BOTH "incredibly stupid AND a racist"? 

But, I wonder. Trump had benefit of a pretty fair education and while he was not an outstanding student he did not "flunk out" and I suspect he has basic native intelligence. So, I don't think he is "stupid", but remains "ignorant", of his own choosing because his attention and efforts have been all about satisfying his insatiable ego. We all know that educations is a life long process but Trump seems to be another that has rejected the effort. 

So, we will will watch and listen.

And that may not be enough. 

We can only hope that there will remain news organizations with deep pockets who can afford to assign journalists to monitor this guys actions that may not be visable to most of us. (Remember how long it took for the Washington Post to bring down Dick Nixon or the Spotlight Team of the Boston Globe to expose the abuses of the Catholic Church) 

Early on I had hopes (however slight) that Trump would realize his limitations and souround himslelf with bright and pragmatic advisors. That does not look to be the case. 

What can WE do? Investigate the avenues available to us and act. I pay annual dues to Common Cause in hopes they will help in watching "Washington". There are many "oversight" organizations to choose from. I also subscibe to several national publications who (IMHO) do a good job of providing realiable information. But that's just me....we can each find what works for us. We should do what we can. 

This much we do know. Millions of our fellow citizens voted for this guy and now he will be our president and commander in chief. One can't help but wonder just how much information those good citizens missed and didn't even make an effort to discover. 

Let's not be guilty of the same thing.
Keep telling yourself that you are smarter and better informed than your opponents. It never gets stale.
(11-21-2016, 01:54 PM)Big Rock Wrote: Keep telling yourself that you are smarter and better informed than your opponents. It never gets stale.

I may well be smarter and better informed than you. I suspect many are. 

But hey...rather than dashing off a one line attack, why not try an intelligent rebuttal.
(11-21-2016, 01:27 PM)Big Rock Wrote:

You described Donald's idiotic actions perfectly ( BULLSHIT) when he STILL questioned Obama's birthplace even after the LONG FORM BC was released.
Along with his comments that Obama was a Muslim.

I'm sorry but people wanting to know WHY Trump would not provide his tax info is a 100% valid question.