Climate Change Summed Up
[Image: epica_temperature.png][Image: 5_2_13_news_andrew_co2800000yrs_1050_591_s_c1_c_c.jpg]
[Image: ff1632f3d98a59e1834c61d9b4917596b63ee910...7198b8.jpg]
(03-11-2017, 09:57 AM)Valuesize Wrote: [Image: ff1632f3d98a59e1834c61d9b4917596b63ee910...7198b8.jpg]

[Image: shaggy1.png]
Quote: An enormous algae bloom off the coast of Antarctica is so huge and colorful that it can easily be seen from space.

http://www.livescience.com/18915-antarct...-nasa.html

Quote:"We know that algal blooms are a natural occurrence down south —it's just a part of the Southern Ocean," Lieser told Australian website The Conversation. "But I've never seen one on this scale before. It's been going on for about 15 days now, so it's maybe about two-thirds or three-fourths of the way through the cycle.”

Quote:Some researchers even suspect that algae poisoning contributed to all five of Earth's great mass extinctions, which killed off between half and 90 percent of all animal species when they occurred. According to this controversial theory, there were increased levels of algae in at least four of the five mass extinctions in Earth's history.
(03-14-2017, 09:27 PM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote: An enormous algae bloom off the coast of Antarctica is so huge and colorful that it can easily be seen from space.

Quote:"We know that algal blooms are a natural occurrence down south —it's just a part of the Southern Ocean," Lieser told Australian website The Conversation. "But I've never seen one on this scale before. It's been going on for about 15 days now, so it's maybe about two-thirds or three-fourths of the way through the cycle.”

Quote:Some researchers even suspect that algae poisoning contributed to all five of Earth's great mass extinctions, which killed off between half and 90 percent of all animal species when they occurred. According to this controversial theory, there were increased levels of algae in at least four of the five mass extinctions in Earth's history.

And were those algae blooms and mass extinctions natural cycles of the planet, or did "man" cause them too? Wink
(03-15-2017, 07:50 AM)Hugo Wrote:

And were those algae blooms and mass extinctions natural cycles of the planet, or did "man" cause them too? Wink

Once in a while there are volcanic episodes caused by continental plate drifting over the course of thousands of years that can cause this natural cycle. (we just happen to not be in one of those at this time.). The rapid climate change (over the course of a hundred years) is caused by a natural organism that evolved in the last 100,000 years and currently in a high concentration on the planet.

You put a wink there as if you really had some amazing idea none of the other worlds scientists ever thought of?
(03-15-2017, 12:47 PM)chuck white Wrote:

Once in a while there are volcanic episodes caused by continental plate drifting over the course of thousands of years that can cause this natural cycle. (we just happen to not be in one of those at this time.). The rapid climate change (over the course of a hundred years) is caused by a natural organism that evolved in the last 100,000 years and currently in a high concentration on the planet.

It's deaf ears, or mostly ignorant ears you are talking to. These guys made it political long ago and you will NEVER prove global warming is caused by man.
I've heard the term willfully ignorant a lot but as far as republicans and climate change there is no better description.
(03-15-2017, 05:48 PM)tvguy Wrote:

It's deaf ears, or mostly ignorant ears you are talking to. These guys made it political long ago and you will NEVER prove global warming is caused by man.
I've heard the term willfully ignorant a lot but as far as republicans and climate change there is no better description.

what what what?! Are you actually implying the pro man made global warming camp is NOT POLITICAL?? Someone better call Al Gore and let him know.
(03-15-2017, 06:03 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(03-14-2017, 09:27 PM)chuck white Wrote: http://www.livescience.com/18915-antarct...-nasa.html

what what what?! Are you actually implying the pro man made global warming camp is NOT POLITICAL?? Someone better call Al Gore and let him know.

Al Gore is the reason behind the who right wing deniers.

If Carl Sagan (I know he's dead) or Some great scientist, had been the point man for inconvenient truth, We would not have a, left-right division on global warming.
(03-14-2017, 09:27 PM)chuck white Wrote: http://www.livescience.com/18915-antarct...-nasa.html

Funny I didn't realize how far right you were. What are you referring to the ridiculous, absurd, moronic claim that ALL of the worlds experts lie about climate change to be government grants.

You and your ilk need to get the fuck over Al Gore. Simple common sense and logic by going with the numbers of educated and intelligent people. SHOULD tell anyone who is reasonably intelligent  that climate change is real and is caused by human beings.

It's nothing new for republicans to ignore or deny what is happening to our planet. It's probably the biggest single issue I have with republicans.
(03-16-2017, 01:32 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 07:50 AM)Hugo Wrote: And were those algae blooms and mass extinctions natural cycles of the planet, or did "man" cause them too? Wink

Funny I didn't realize how far right you were. What are you referring to the ridiculous, absurd, moronic claim that ALL of the worlds experts lie about climate change to be government grants.

You and your ilk need to get the fuck over Al Gore. Simple common sense and logic by going with the numbers of educated and intelligent people. SHOULD tell anyone who is reasonably intelligent  that climate change is real and is caused by human beings.

It's nothing new for republicans to ignore or deny what is happening to our planet. It's probably the biggest single issue I have with republicans.

Al Gore is just the poster child so when evoking his name everyone knows exactly what you're referring to, he's the easy pick to make a point. But to claim the over arching debate of climate change has not become hugely political on both sides is completely absurd. You are basically saying because the Pro side is pro, then it's not political on their side. That is a crazy one sided stance if I have ever seen one.
Take away from that what you will, I did not confirm or deny anything in my fucking post, the point I was making is that it's absolutely a huge political force.
(03-16-2017, 06:57 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 12:47 PM)chuck white Wrote: Once in a while there are volcanic episodes caused by continental plate drifting over the course of thousands of years that can cause this natural cycle. (we just happen to not be in one of those at this time.). The rapid climate change (over the course of a hundred years) is caused by a natural organism that evolved in the last 100,000 years and currently in a high concentration on the planet.

Al Gore is just the poster child so when evoking his name everyone knows exactly what you're referring to, he's the easy pick to make a point. But to claim the over arching debate of climate change has not become hugely political on both sides is completely absurd. You are basically saying because the Pro side is pro, then it's not political on their side. That is a crazy one sided stance if I have ever seen one.
Take away from that what you will, I did not confirm or deny anything in my fucking post, the point I was making is that it's absolutely a huge political force.

No, simply put it is NOT political. Science is beyond political debate. When 97% of the worlds scientists who study a specific field agree to an outcome based on repeated study and peer based review, it's taken as fact until science can prove it untrue when new evidence is revealed by information gained from growing technology. That water freezes when the temperature is lowered far enough is a simple scientific fact accepted by all rational people. 

It's absurd to believe that a world population of about 1 billion at the time of the Industrial Revolution would provide the same about of carbon released as the 6 billon people on the planet now. Of course "mans's activity" has been a huge contributor to the change in our climate. 

The question now is how do we deal with it? To deny it is folly!
(03-16-2017, 08:43 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 05:48 PM)tvguy Wrote: It's deaf ears, or mostly ignorant ears you are talking to. These guys made it political long ago and you will NEVER prove global warming is caused by man.

No, simply put it is NOT political. Science is beyond political debate. When 97% of the worlds scientists who study a specific field agree to an outcome based on repeated study and peer based review, it's taken as fact until science can prove it untrue when new evidence is revealed by information gained from growing technology. That water freezes when the temperature is lowered far enough is a simple scientific fact accepted by all rational people. 

It's absurd to believe that a world population of about 1 billion at the time of the Industrial Revolution would provide the same about of carbon released as the 6 billon people on the planet now. Of course "mans's activity" has been a huge contributor to the change in our climate. 

Yup, you're right.....Washington has totally washed their hands of climate change. Thank you for clearing this up for me. Shit, my eyes have been opened.
(03-16-2017, 09:19 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 06:03 PM)GPnative Wrote: what what what?! Are you actually implying the pro man made global warming camp is NOT POLITICAL?? Someone better call Al Gore and let him know.

Yup, you're right.....Washington has totally washed their hands of climate change. Thank you for clearing this up for me. Shit, my eyes have been opened.

Want to try that again? And, check you eyesight.
(03-15-2017, 05:48 PM)tvguy Wrote: It's deaf ears, or mostly ignorant ears you are talking to. These guys made it political long ago and you will NEVER prove global warming is caused by man.

GP wants me to think the climate change issue is political for democrats but like you said it's NOT the democrats who are going AGAINST the views of "97% of the worlds scientists IT'S THE REPUBLICANS!!

And still bitching about Al Gore who has been proven to be mostly correct is about as intelligent as bitching about Ted and Chappaquiddick.
(03-16-2017, 12:51 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 06:03 PM)GPnative Wrote: what what what?! Are you actually implying the pro man made global warming camp is NOT POLITICAL?? Someone better call Al Gore and let him know.

GP wants me to think the climate change issue is political for democrats but like you said it's NOT the democrats who are going AGAINST the views of "97% of the worlds scientists IT'S THE REPUBLICANS!!

And still bitching about Al Gore who has been proven to be mostly correct is about as intelligent as bitching about Ted and Chappaquiddick.

1) The "97%" has been proven to be a fake number.
2) Al Gore has been proven at least 97% WRONG.

You may not like it, and I'm sure you will tell me I'm wrong, but I'm not.... Smiling
(03-16-2017, 01:39 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(03-16-2017, 01:32 AM)tvguy Wrote: Funny I didn't realize how far right you were. What are you referring to the ridiculous, absurd, moronic claim that ALL of the worlds experts lie about climate change to be government grants.

1) The "97%" has been proven to be a fake number.
2) Al Gore has been proven at least 97% WRONG.

You may not like it, and I'm sure you will tell me I'm wrong, but I'm not.... Smiling
Okay. This is what we do here...conversation. 
The 97% wrong? I guess it's all about sources. I (and other's) have posted sources here many times from reputable organizations about the numbers. 
So, maybe you would like to post a reputable source about the information to think correct. 

Forget Al Gore: He did what he thought was necessary to bring an important issue to light. He may have helped but we don't need to consider his information as scientific fact.

And they, THE DEMOCRATS are making POLITICAL decisions based on what they believe about climate change, therefore it is very much political, on both sides, Thank you.
(03-16-2017, 04:00 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(03-16-2017, 01:32 AM)tvguy Wrote: Funny I didn't realize how far right you were. What are you referring to the ridiculous, absurd, moronic claim that ALL of the worlds experts lie about climate change to be government grants.

And they, THE DEMOCRATS are making POLITICAL decisions based on what they believe about climate change, therefore it is very much political, on both sides, Thank you.
Hell, they make political decisions based on what they believe about gravity too.