Making America great again
And he's not even president yet:

“I am working hard, even on Thanksgiving, trying to get Carrier A.C. Company to stay in the U.S. (Indiana). MAKING PROGRESS – Will know soon!” Trump Tweeted.

Follow
[Image: 8xMESyvQ_bigger.jpg]Carrier @Carrier

We are pleased to have reached a deal with President-elect Trump & VP-elect Pence to keep close to 1,000 jobs in Indy. More details soon.
more details soon.... What the hell does that mean?

Here have some sweets, I tell you what it cost later.
Quote:Earlier Thursday, Trump went to Indiana to brag about the great deal he'd struck with United Technologies, the parent company of Carrier, to save jobs at a local plant.

Only the deal wasn't great. More than half the jobs Carrier threatened to send to Mexico are still headed there. Trump saved fewer than a thousand jobs in exchange for tax breaks delivered by his running mate – who is still Indiana's governor. That's certainly good news for the men and women who will keep their jobs, but it's anything but a good deal.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/fea...ef-w453504
[Image: CyuvnABUQAAfi-V.jpg]
(12-03-2016, 11:12 AM)Scrapper Wrote: [Image: CyuvnABUQAAfi-V.jpg]

I'm not a Trump fan or supporter but there is something about this I find a bit offensive. Or distasteful. Or something I can't quite put my finger on.

Like or not (I don't) Mr. Trump is our president-elect, a man who will soon be in the oval office. 

He's made curious remarks about Putin and the Russian country. That said, I think this mashed up photo is over the top and adds to the distraction of the political and social intercourse we are struggling with right now. 

PS: Scapper, PLEASE don't take this a personal affront: I mean to criticize the content of this more than you. That you posted it gives me some concern, but doesn't suggest I'm making value judgements about you in general. 

PS: Love you are work, for instance.
(12-04-2016, 10:34 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

I'm not a Trump fan or supporter but there is something about this I find a bit offensive. Or distasteful. Or something I can't quite put my finger on.

Like or not (I don't) Mr. Trump is our president-elect, a man who will soon be in the oval office. 

He's made curious remarks about Putin and the Russian country. That said, I think this mashed up photo is over the top and adds to the distraction of the political and social intercourse we are struggling with right now. 

PS: Scapper, PLEASE don't take this a personal affront: I mean to criticize the content of this more than you. That you posted it gives me some concern, but doesn't suggest I'm making value judgements about you in general. 

My thoughts on your thoughts.... Oh Whaaaaa!  Rolling Eyes
(12-03-2016, 11:12 AM)Scrapper Wrote: [picture deleted for brevity]

I don't know. Presidents have always been fair game for criticism and satire. Some I can appreciate, some not so much.

I do wish the people would leave the wives and kids out of it though. I think that's a step too far and loses my respect.
(12-04-2016, 11:42 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

I don't know. Presidents have always been fair game for criticism and satire. Some I can appreciate, some not so much.

I do wish the people would leave the wives and kids out of it though. I think that's a step too far and loses my respect.

Fair and good point.
And Scrapper, right you are: We all get to post what we feel does the trick. And, we all get to respond. I did. 
PS: Again, I need an editor: In my reply I intended to say "Love your Art work" not "are" work.  Embarrassed

Have you ever watched Saturday night live? The meme is satire pure and simple. That kind of stuff is rampant and won't ever go away.
IMO Trump does throw Tantrums. About the press. About the SNL skit they did about him.The clown tweets whatever goes through his bloated head 24 hours a day.

What makes this photo shopped picture and different than than the editorial cartoons that are in newspapers every single day? It's in color?

That you posted your complaint/opinion gives me some concern but doesn't suggest I'm making value judgements about you in general. Big Grin Big Grin
(12-04-2016, 01:38 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Fair and good point.
And Scrapper, right you are: We all get to post what we feel does the trick. And, we all get to respond. I did. 
PS: Again, I need an editor: In my reply I intended to say "Love your Art work" not "are" work.  Embarrassed

Thanks!
(12-04-2016, 06:28 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(12-04-2016, 01:38 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Fair and good point.

Thanks!

Yer welcome. Now I gotta figure out a way to trick you into cooking me on of those rice/beans/cheese/peppers.etc. cassoroles. I put on weight just looking at the posted photos.
(12-04-2016, 04:43 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Have you ever watched Saturday night live? The meme is satire pure and simple. That kind of stuff is rampant and won't ever go away.
IMO Trump does throw Tantrums. About the press. About the SNL skit they did about him.The clown tweets whatever goes through his bloated head 24 hours a day.

What makes this photo shopped picture any different than than the editorial cartoons that are in newspapers every single day? It's in color?

That you posted your complaint/opinion gives me some concern but doesn't suggest I'm making value judgements about you in general. Big Grin Big Grin

Well Wonky? I really wanted an answer to this. What makes this photo shopped picture any different than than the editorial cartoons that are in newspapers every single day? It's in color?
(12-05-2016, 12:49 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-04-2016, 04:43 PM)tvguy Wrote:

What makes this photo shopped picture any different than than the editorial cartoons that are in newspapers every single day? It's in color?

Well Wonky? I really wanted an answer to this. What makes this photo shopped picture any different than than the editorial cartoons that are in newspapers every single day? It's in color?
If you must ask, it can't be explained.
I Ain't buying no govt Carrier Air Conditioners.
(12-05-2016, 02:37 PM)Willie Krash Wrote: I Ain't buying no govt Carrier Air Conditioners.

Well...
I dunno. 
I heard Mike Pesca on his The Gist Podcast break this down. 
I can't do the argument justice. 

But go to this link and (hopefully) you can listen to the podcast. I felt he did a good job of making clear what the outcome might be. 

http://www.slate.com/articles/podcasts/g...rrier.html
(12-05-2016, 02:42 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-05-2016, 02:37 PM)Willie Krash Wrote: I Ain't buying no govt Carrier Air Conditioners.

Well...
I dunno. 

But go to this link and (hopefully) you can listen to the podcast. I felt he did a good job of making clear what the outcome might be. 

You may have forgotten Gov't Motors. (GM). Remember Obama? GM? Bad thing saving them and all.

The hard core right wingers said they wouldn't buy a General Motors car,,,,A bit tongue in cheek on my part.
(12-05-2016, 03:18 PM)Willie Krash Wrote:

Well...
I dunno. 

Willie, you somehow got this on my post. (I've done it far too many times. 

So here are your comments, on my post. (I'm getting dizzy)  Smiling

Willie said:

You may have forgotten Gov't Motors. (GM). Remember Obama? GM? Bad thing saving them and all.

The hard core right wingers said they wouldn't buy a General Motors car,,,,A bit tongue in cheek on my part.
(12-05-2016, 03:23 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Well...
I dunno. 

Willie, you somehow got this on my post. (I've done it far too many times. 

So here are your comments, on my post. (I'm getting dizzy)  Smiling

Willie said:

And Wille, we got that investment back from GM. All of it. And with interest. The Union gave up a lot to make it happen (Two tier pay scale, so that never again will auto workers make what their fathers did, and other benefits) but all things considered it was a good move. 
Could have been an bad move, and the risk was real. 
But, it worked.
Sometimes you gotta gamble. 
I'm glad the Obama people did. 

What we didn't get back was over 67 BILLION dollars to AIG that still has not been paid back in full.

LATER: Sorry...We didn't get all the GM money back yet. We loaned them 50B, they still are paying and own the U.S. 38B.

Well...
I dunno. 

So the government is going to take over carrier and bail them out before they have losses? Are they even projected to have losses?
(12-05-2016, 03:46 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:

Well...
I dunno. 

So the government is going to take over carrier and bail them out before they have losses? Are they even projected to have losses?
What Sara Palin call it?