Dietary Supplements ?
A couple of years ago I started to have some "health issues". Well, yeah...next year I'll be 80 years old. I never thought I'd escape my body started to go to hell. Life...it's a bitch. But, oh so sweet. So shit happens. Stuff breaks. 

And, countless number of friends, relatives, and people at the coffee shop started giving my advice about all the "crap" that would improve my troubles. From seaweed to gluten free everything, it came pouring in. For the most part I rejected it, and stayed with a good diet of fruit, veggies, a bit of meat and fish, and something close to the "Mediterrannean Diet". And  Exercise to the extent it is possible. 

I feel vindicated: 

"Studies Show Little Benefit In Supplements" 

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/15/well/e...ctionfront
(12-02-2016, 09:56 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: A couple of years ago I started to have some "health issues". Well, yeah...next year I'll be 80 years old. I never thought I'd escape my body started to go to hell. Life...it's a bitch. But, oh so sweet. So shit happens. Stuff breaks. 

And, countless number of friends, relatives, and people at the coffee shop started giving my advice about all the "crap" that would improve my troubles. From seaweed to gluten free everything, it came pouring in. For the most part I rejected it, and stayed with a good diet of fruit, veggies, a bit of meat and fish, and something close to the "Mediterrannean Diet". And  Exercise to the extent it is possible. 

I feel vindicated: 

I reminds me of a while back when all of a sudden everyone was saying you had to drink something like ten five gallon buckets of water every day. Remember that when everyone you see was carrying a water bottle.

It turns out that you should drink water when you get thirsty LOL.. Who knew??

Well I did. Big Grin
(12-02-2016, 12:26 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-02-2016, 09:56 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: A couple of years ago I started to have some "health issues". Well, yeah...next year I'll be 80 years old. I never thought I'd escape my body started to go to hell. Life...it's a bitch. But, oh so sweet. So shit happens. Stuff breaks. 

I feel vindicated: 

I reminds me of a while back when all of a sudden everyone was saying you had to drink something like ten five gallon buckets of water every day. Remember that when everyone you see was carrying a water bottle.

It turns out that you should drink water when you get thirsty LOL.. Who knew??

Well I did. Big Grin

Yeah, if I drank all I was "supposed" to I'd have trouble doing my job. Toilets can be hard to find.
Isn't Dietary Supplements, the stuff you take besides your normal meals?

I have quit a few.
Coffee, I take a good does of that everyday.
Sugar in various forms, generally mixed with alkaloids of coco.
Corn dogs.
Microwave pizza squares.
occasional spider. (when sleeping)
Well Wonky I guess it depends on what is ailing you. How are you doing old friend? I don't use many supplements but have found a couple that have done a lot of good. Since I last saw you I have managed to tear a meniscus in both knees, both happening while working at the Pro Am in two consecutive years. After my 2009 ordeal with the torn rotator cuff I wasn't anxious to have someone go in and plane them down so I went to the VA, got a brace, started taking meloxicam which is an anti inflammatory and something called Hyaluronic acid which is a joint lubricant. With the combination, I have eliminated the symptoms but obviously not cured the problem. I think I might have torn the rotator in my other shoulder but not anxious to go through that again. Other than that, I take a vitamin, krill oil, glucosamine chondroitin and DHEA once a day and am feeling pretty good. I do need to retire though. Can't keep it up forever! I will be up there for Christmas this year and maybe we can go have a beer or two as long as you let me intervene when you start in on the waitress!
(12-10-2016, 03:16 AM)imaham Wrote: Well Wonky I guess it depends on what is ailing you.  How are you doing old friend?  I don't use many supplements but have found a couple that have done a lot of good.  Since I last saw you I have managed to tear a meniscus in both knees, both happening while working at the Pro Am in two consecutive years.  After my 2009 ordeal with the torn rotator cuff I wasn't anxious to have someone go in and plane them down so I went to the VA, got a brace, started taking meloxicam which is an anti inflammatory and something called Hyaluronic acid which is a joint lubricant.  With the combination, I have eliminated the symptoms but obviously not cured the problem.  I think I might have torn the rotator in my other shoulder but not anxious to go through that again.  Other than that, I take a vitamin, krill oil, glucosamine chondroitin and DHEA once a day and am feeling pretty good.  I do need to retire though.  Can't keep it up forever!  I will be up there for Christmas this year and maybe we can go have a beer or two as long as you let me intervene when you start in on the waitress!

Have you tried WD-40 for joint lubrication. (No, not in the mouth) spray it on the skin above the joint. It will soak in.
Ninja