Fake News
(01-30-2017, 12:52 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(01-30-2017, 11:05 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-29-2017, 10:30 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-29-2017, 09:06 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-29-2017, 08:58 PM)Juniper Wrote: Oh, I don't ignore it entirely. How can one?  It's just tedious and I don't always bother with it because it is.....tedious.

OK then. Just to be clear. Are you saying it's tedious?
Well, it CAN be.  I watch the news every day.  More often I listen to it on the radio. Then you go online and get hit with it there on Social Media and I read articles.  And then I come here and here it is again.  Lately it's more like: "What's it going to be TODAY?".

It's getting harder and harder to seperate news from opinion. 
I too, listen to radio news...NPR Radio. I'm sure our conservative friends will scoff and claim it's all liberal bias. And, I guess all things considered it does have a more liberal bent than not. Still, I think it's MOSTLY objective and I can hear it clearly when it's leaning toward the commie talking points.  Smiling

And, my go-to spot for TV news it the PBS NEWSHOUR and I feel certain it's the best national news on TV. (And, FRONTLINE is by far the best special news program IMHO). 

I've given up on the Sunday morning news shows. Mostly hype and far too much shouting from the panel of "special guests". 

Somehow I keep missing Rush Limbaugh.  Sad.

Missing as in "damn, that was close".

Or missing as in "ah, I wish he was here".

Razz

Well, I'd never shoot the guy, but I'd sew his lips together given the chance.  Wink
(01-30-2017, 04:22 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-29-2017, 09:06 PM)tvguy Wrote: OK then. Just to be clear. Are you saying it's tedious?
Well, it CAN be.  I watch the news every day.  More often I listen to it on the radio. Then you go online and get hit with it there on Social Media and I read articles.  And then I come here and here it is again.  Lately it's more like: "What's it going to be TODAY?".

I too, listen to radio news...NPR Radio. I'm sure our conservative friends will scoff and claim it's all liberal bias. And, I guess all things considered it does have a more liberal bent than not. Still, I think it's MOSTLY objective and I can hear it clearly when it's leaning toward the commie talking points.  Smiling

And, my go-to spot for TV news it the PBS NEWSHOUR and I feel certain it's the best national news on TV. (And, FRONTLINE is by far the best special news program IMHO). 

I've given up on the Sunday morning news shows. Mostly hype and far too much shouting from the panel of "special guests". 

Razz

Well, I'd never shoot the guy, but I'd sew his lips together given the chance.  Wink

or crazy glue them shut.
(01-29-2017, 09:06 PM)tvguy Wrote: OK then. Just to be clear. Are you saying it's tedious?

Razz

Not a big fan of free speech, are ya? Smiling

Maybe soon... you will tow the party line....  "Too much Democracy" will be the coming phrase you will be asked to push....
http://www.dailywire.com/news/13001/omg-...gn=dwbrand

LIST: 24 Pieces of MSM Fake News in 5 Days
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.65098)][Image: donald_trump_executive_order_gi.jpg?itok=--FjQVDa][/color]
The original plan was to compile a list of the national media's Fake News only as needed -- but no more often than once a week. Unfortunately, our MSM has done so much lying in the last 5 days, I started to worry that I could lose track. Simply put, the last few days have been a fire hose of Fake News.
Read everything below, and then try to make an argument that Steve Bannon isn't 100% correct about the national media being the opposition party.
(01-31-2017, 01:42 PM)orygunluvr Wrote: http://www.dailywire.com/news/13001/omg-...gn=dwbrand

LIST: 24 Pieces of MSM Fake News in 5 Days
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.65098)][Image: donald_trump_executive_order_gi.jpg?itok=--FjQVDa][/color]
The original plan was to compile a list of the national media's Fake News only as needed -- but no more often than once a week. Unfortunately, our MSM has done so much lying in the last 5 days, I started to worry that I could lose track. Simply put, the last few days have been a fire hose of Fake News.
Read everything below, and then try to make an argument that Steve Bannon isn't 100% correct about the national media being the opposition party.

Almost Orwellian! Comment that is not even news claiming "fake news". 
Bannon's comment about the media is a direct attack on the 1st amendment. I respect his right to say it, and past that have no respect for his attitude or his arrogant persona. 
Each day, it's becoming increasingly important to search places noted for historical traditions to journalistic integrity. 

From WIKI: 
The Daily Wire is an American news and conservative opinion website founded in 2015 by political commentator Ben Shapiro, who currently serves as Editor-in-chief.[2][3][4]

It hosts the daily online political podcasts, The Ben Shapiro Show and The Andrew Klavan Show.[5]
(01-30-2017, 09:27 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(01-29-2017, 10:30 PM)Juniper Wrote: Well, it CAN be.  I watch the news every day.  More often I listen to it on the radio. Then you go online and get hit with it there on Social Media and I read articles.  And then I come here and here it is again.  Lately it's more like: "What's it going to be TODAY?".

Razz

Maybe soon... you will tow the party line....  "Too much Democracy" will be the coming phrase you will be asked to push....
There must be something wrong with you.
(01-31-2017, 02:24 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-30-2017, 09:27 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(01-30-2017, 11:05 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: It's getting harder and harder to seperate news from opinion. 

Razz

There must be something wrong with you.
Depends on which day we catch Hugo...some days he's erudite, clear, and reasonable in his opinions. Other times, not so much. 

And Hugo, you know full well I was not being literal in suggesting I'd sew Limbaugh's mouth together. So why the sarcastic remark about it? I value free speech as much as you, and others.
Fake news is easy to spot.
Look for the Orygunluvr next to the story and you'll know it's fake.
(01-31-2017, 08:29 PM)chuck white Wrote: Fake news is easy to spot.

I don't think that is 100% right. I'd say in general though you are probably about 99.8% right.
(01-31-2017, 08:44 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

I don't think that is 100% right. I'd say in general though you are probably about 99.8% right.

Are you saying I'm 0.2% wrong. Mad
(01-31-2017, 08:53 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(01-31-2017, 08:44 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Are you saying I'm 0.2% wrong. Mad

Maybe you weren't here that day. Or maybe I misunderstood OL in which case..... I'm wrong.   Laughing
A source at the Berkeley Police Department tells me they feel those most violent rioters were too well organized and prepared to be typical students. Most likely this was a planned event by Milo himself. Shame on you Trumpsters.  Laughing
BREAKING NEWS: President donald trump is leaving America under his new "Keep evil out" BILL  Laughing
(02-03-2017, 09:30 PM)Valuesize Wrote: BREAKING NEWS: President donald trump is leaving America under his new "Keep evil out" BILL  Laughing

He can't leave until he makes mandatory taco tuesday
(02-03-2017, 12:35 PM)Valuesize Wrote: A source at the Berkeley Police Department tells me they feel those most violent rioters were too well organized and prepared to be typical students. Most likely this was a planned event by Milo himself. Shame on you Trumpsters.  Laughing
Listening to more fake news.....
http://theralphretort.com/uc-berkeley-ri...ty-203017/

FIRST ON TRR: A UC Berkeley Rioter Has Been Exposed, & He’s a University Staff Member!
(02-04-2017, 10:44 AM)orygunluvr Wrote:
(02-03-2017, 12:35 PM)Valuesize Wrote: A source at the Berkeley Police Department tells me they feel those most violent rioters were too well organized and prepared to be typical students. Most likely this was a planned event by Milo himself. Shame on you Trumpsters.  Laughing
Listening to more fake news.....
http://theralphretort.com/uc-berkeley-ri...ty-203017/

FIRST ON TRR: A UC Berkeley Rioter Has Been Exposed, & He’s a University Staff Member!

One guy.  Laughing Name please. That fake news website doesn't make it easy to find his name.
http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/02/04/s...ent-444382

Someone tell Don Lemon . . . now we know who funded the violent riot at Milo’s Berkeley event
(02-04-2017, 10:58 AM)orygunluvr Wrote: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/02/04/s...ent-444382

Someone tell Don Lemon . . . now we know who funded the violent riot at Milo’s Berkeley event

I'm curious, how much does it cost to have a violent riot?

I know there are little things like bullhorns and stuff.

I figured people brought their own.
http://www.dailywire.com/news/13294/fake...esspatriot

Fake News Rap Sheet: Last Week the MSM Was Caught Telling FORTY Lies
(02-08-2017, 12:09 PM)orygunluvr Wrote: http://www.dailywire.com/news/13294/fake...esspatriot

Fake News Rap Sheet: Last Week the MSM Was Caught Telling FORTY Lies

Laughing . Okay. 
Here's a tip. Don't watch or listen to MSN. 
I don't, and I'm a card carrying commie, Liberal progressive, Humbert Humphrey Democrat, who is opposed to killing babies and convicted killers, want universal health-care, support good policing, favor clear air and water, want safe bridges, want the government our of our bedrooms, support pubic education, and on and on and on. Still, I don't find much value in MSN. So I don't watch it. 
I don't watch FOX News either. 

However, I do read The National Review and Weekly Standard from time to time. I'd subscribe to the WSJ if they would make the price anywhere near reasonable. (At least the NYT lets folks who don't subscribe read 10 articles a month) \
You could watch or listen to Fox News. Or a hundred other "news organizations" that support all the stuff you already agree with. Or, you could subscribe to the Wall Street Journal, The National Review (online too), The Hill, The Drudge Report, American Thinker and others. 

So, OL, why read fake news?  Razz