Fake News
(12-18-2016, 05:53 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-18-2016, 09:20 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-17-2016, 03:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-17-2016, 09:58 AM)orygunluvr Wrote:
(12-17-2016, 09:36 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Difficult to find the context here, OL, but maybe I've missed something (yet again). Whatever your problems today, they seem to be just more of the same, bluster and bast without sharing much information. You may have noticed that now the propaganda will be the privilege of a new group of leaders. 

As to the future: You sould be afraid. Very afraid. 

President elect Trump, and those who have shared and promoted his bluster and blast, will soon be starting to make of record of the acts directed by those who support this very divergent method of governing. 

We only need to look at Mr. Trump's past, and the record of so many of those who he has chosen to be close to him, to expect radical changes that could forever distract our ability to govern and plunge us into chaos. 

Goebbels has been long dead. The Trump administration is only beginning. 

We should be afraid. Very, very afraid.
Yes wonk,'you have become the Joseph Goebbels of the forum, just without any influence.
And you have become the ILL Commandant of this forum.
Am I the only one here who doesn't know what "ILL" means? (I'm always the last to know)

Anyway, TVg can't be the Commandant of anything: He is a lifelong Private First Class who never had any hopes of promotion. (The Army gave him a rifle but they were told to NEVER allow him to have a bullet). And, he thought Goebbels was the sound a turkey makes. 

Your kind of guy OL.  Smiling

[Image: 14y4l75.jpg]
Ya, he was banned. I think the slave trading Fords with their sheriff buddies, were behind it
[Image: 15665451_1184528924956363_70272013543399...e=58F52C0E]
(12-22-2016, 06:36 PM)orygunluvr Wrote: [Image: 15665451_1184528924956363_70272013543399...e=58F52C0E]

Bet it took you a while to figure that one out, didn't it?   Smiling
(12-22-2016, 06:42 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(12-22-2016, 06:36 PM)orygunluvr Wrote: [Image: 15665451_1184528924956363_70272013543399...e=58F52C0E]

I know there wasn't photoshop back then...
(12-22-2016, 06:56 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:
(12-22-2016, 06:42 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

I know there wasn't photoshop back then...

Baloney , They had the Charcoal version 1.0
Just another day in leftists media

If you read through the world of left-wing clickbait Thursday afternoon, you may have seen a shocking story about a Jewish family chased out of town by anti-Semitic Breitbart readers because our site blamed them for shutting down a school’s Christmas play.

Scary stuff — except that version of the story is 100% fake news.

On Sunday, Katherine Rodriguez of Breitbart News wrote a balanced and, frankly, placid report about an elementary school in Pennsylvania’s Lancaster County that cancelled a production of A Christmas Carol, drawing from local reports and one from Fox News. The story represented two claims about the reason for the cancellation: the school district’s statement said that the play — in which participation was mandatory — was taking up too much class time, whereas some parents told Fox News they believed a pair of parents complained about the famous line by “Tiny Tim,” “God bless us, everyone.”

In a report published Thursday morning at local outlet LancasterOnline, reporter Heather Stauffer wrote that a Jewish family had left the county “in fear after being blamed” for the cancellation. The headline on the story’s social shares blamed Fox News and Breitbart for their flight: “Jewish family flees Lancaster County after FOX, Breitbart blames them for canceled elementary school Christmas play.” As of this writing, the claim has been amplified as an established fact by PennLiveThe Philadelphia InquirerMediaiteSlateCrooks and LiarsRaw StoryMedia MattersTalkingPointsMemoThe Daily BeastThe Huffington Post, and the Forward.

However, a fact check of this story has proven it false — and every one of these sites got scooped by the Anti-Defamation League, which is not a news outlet:

Quote:ADL investigated, and found that in actuality, the family left on vacation for winter break.
“News reports alleging that a Jewish family has ‘fled’ Lancaster County are untrue and damaging,” said Nancy Baron-Baer, ADL Regional Director. “We spoke with the family, who explained that they went on a previously-planned vacation for the holidays. Stories like this can sow fear in the Jewish community and beyond, and it is important to stop the spread of misinformation.”

The weakness of this story would have been immediately evident to a slightly critical editor at any of these publications. Rodriguez did not name the parents alleged to have made the complaint. She did not claim or in any way insinuate that those parents were Jewish.
According to the parents speaking to LancasterOnline, the parents only asked to excuse their child from participating. There is no apparent connection between their request and the alleged complaint that we reported. Who would conclude that a family objecting to the words “God bless” is Jewish rather than atheist?
Quote:Trumpocalypse? Suddenly Liberals Are The Ones Stockpiling Food, Guns And Emergency Supplies
(12-08-2016, 01:46 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-08-2016, 11:55 AM)Big Rock Wrote:
Quote:“Fake news” is a problem on the right—but not only on the right. “Real” journalists, most of whom lean left, ought to look in the mirror. Or perhaps they are looking into their own distorted mirror and don’t recognize what they see.
An obvious example is “climate change.” News organizations have internalized alarmist orthodoxy, leading them to be dismissive of facts that call it into question, such as the predictive failures of climate models and the abuses of scientific process revealed seven years ago by the “Climategate” emails.
“You probably are not a scientist, and that means you can’t independently evaluate any of the climate science claims,” observes Scott Adams. “You could try to assess the credibility of the scientists using your common sense and experience, but let’s face it—you aren’t good at that. So what do you do? You probably default to trusting whatever the majority of scientists tell you.”
That’s what most journalists do, but readers may notice the disjunction between facts and “science” and conclude that the latter is bunk. Journalists react by digging in and becoming more dogmatic, and the result is tendentious headlines like this one: “Trump Picks Scott Pruitt, Climate Change Denialist, to Lead E.P.A.” That’s from a “news” story in the New York Times, the same paper that’s complaining about “the proliferation of raw opinion that passes for news.”
Other examples are legion. In an interview published last week, President Obama raised the problem: “One of the challenges that we’ve been talking about now is the way social media and the Internet have changed what people receive as news.” High school friends of the president’s political director were “passing around crazy stuff about, you know, Obama has banned the Pledge of Allegiance.”
The interviewer suggests that maybe the free press needs a free lunch: “Maybe the news business and the newspaper industry, which is being destroyed by Facebook, needs a subsidy so we can maintain a free press?”

http://www.wsj.com/articles/fake-news-fun-house-1481220798

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/15408241605...ge-science

Because I don't subscribe to the WSJ the link doesn't work for me. 

But this, from the article above:
"News organizations have internalized alarmist orthodoxy, leading them to be dismissive of facts that call it into question, such as the predictive failures of climate models and the abuses of scientific process revealed seven years ago by the “Climategate” emails."

Well: From http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming/sol...EnDZnfMww0
(The Union of Concerned Scientists)

We find this: There was no "Climatgate". 
The manufactured controversy over emails stolen from the University of East Anglia's Climatic Research Unit has generated a lot more heat than light. The email content being quoted does not indicate that climate data and research have been compromised. Most importantly, nothing in the content of these stolen emails has any impact on our overall understanding that human activities are driving dangerous levels of global warming. Media reports and contrarian claims that they do are inaccurate.
Investigations Clear Scientists of Wrongdoing
Six official investigations have cleared scientists of accusations of wrongdoing.
They manipulated the data because the reality didn't match their computer models. It's deemed a non story by you libs, that doesn't mean it didn't happen, it just doesn't fit your reality/dillusional thought.
This is just how dangerous liberals and your media are to our country. The mental disorder in full display.

http://americanlookout.com/shocking-vide...fake-news/

SHOCK VIDEO: New Yorkers Think ISIS Infiltrating The United States Is FAKE NEWS  

In its first offering, reporter Laura Loomer descends on New York City’s Grand Central Station to ask New Yorkers to comment on the latest phenomenon known as “fake news.” Specifically, they were asked to decide the fake news story out of two possibilities: the spread of ISIS in the United States or Russians hacking the election. Almost invariably the participants chose the spread of ISIS.
(12-23-2016, 10:43 AM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:Trumpocalypse? Suddenly Liberals Are The Ones Stockpiling Food, Guns And Emergency Supplies

He needs to go before he gets us all killed. Did you hear they are considering lengthening the time it would take for nuke launch?
(12-23-2016, 11:40 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

He needs to go before he gets us all killed. Did you hear they are considering lengthening the time it would take for nuke launch?
When we are all still alive and well and still posting on RVF, do you prefer I tell you "i told you so" in 4 or 8 years from now?
(12-23-2016, 02:35 PM)GPnative Wrote:

When we are all still alive and well and still posting on RVF, do you prefer I tell you "i told you so" in 4 or 8 years from now?
Laughing ..and he calls ME a drama queen....  Laughing Laughing Laughing
Because you Trumpsters think he knows what he's doing, doesn't make it so. Because he duped enough idiots to get elected, doesn't mean he is mentally up for the job.
(12-23-2016, 06:12 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Because you Trumpsters think he knows what he's doing, doesn't make it so. Because he duped enough idiots to get elected, doesn't mean he is mentally up for the job.

The thing is, exist polls suggest he may have in fact duped a lot of idiots but a lot of intelligent and informed folks also voted for him...or against Hillary "The idiots" will continue to admire him, but I am looking forward to the reaction of those intelligent and informed folks. I suspect there will a lot of "buyers remorse". Only time will tell.
(12-23-2016, 06:23 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-23-2016, 06:12 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Because you Trumpsters think he knows what he's doing, doesn't make it so. Because he duped enough idiots to get elected, doesn't mean he is mentally up for the job.

The thing is, exist polls suggest he may have in fact duped a lot of idiots but a lot of intelligent and informed folks also voted for him...or against Hillary "The idiots" will continue to admire him, but I am looking forward to the reaction of those intelligent and informed folks. I suspect there will a lot of "buyers remorse". Only time will tell.

As am I.
(12-23-2016, 03:01 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(12-23-2016, 02:35 PM)GPnative Wrote:

Laughing ..and he calls ME a drama queen....  Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm not the one that talks about Nukes every chance I get.
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/12/.../?mtcid=cf

HATE HOAX EPIDEMIC: At Least 17 Faked Trump Hate Crimes Reported Since November Election
(12-29-2016, 08:18 AM)orygunluvr Wrote: http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/12/.../?mtcid=cf

HATE HOAX EPIDEMIC: At Least 17 Faked Trump Hate Crimes Reported Since November Election

Yep. That's how our "media" works. Anything to sell soap. 
Our job, is separate the wheat from the chaff. 
That The Gate reported 17 fake reports (alleged) tells us something about the publication. 
And, does not change who Trump is, the things he has said, and the conduct of his life. 

Here's a thought: Don't read "The Gate".

Vladimir Lenin called libs like you two Useful Idiots and for good reason.  To vote for an egomaniac narcissistic like Barry, not once but twice, really does show that liberalism is a mental disorder.  Obama's resume was that of a community organizer.  He couldn't run a gas station.  The last 8 years have been a failure on all accounts.  All Barry cares about is himself and his mirror.  He's a buffoon.  He's prove why affirmative action does not work.  He offered some much promise when he was elected and the promptly flushed it down the toilet along with race relations. He turned out to be nothing more that a partisan two bit hack who governed like a banana republic tyrant.
(12-29-2016, 08:40 AM)SFLiberal Wrote:

Vladimir Lenin called libs like you two Useful Idiots and for good reason.  To vote for an egomaniac narcissistic like Barry, not once but twice, really does show that liberalism is a mental disorder.  Obama's resume was that of a community organizer.  He couldn't run a gas station.  The last 8 years have been a failure on all accounts.  All Barry cares about is himself and his mirror.  He's a buffoon.  He's prove why affirmative action does not work.  He offered some much promise when he was elected and the promptly flushed it down the toilet along with race relations. He turned out to be nothing more that a partisan two bit hack who governed like a banana republic tyrant.

Feel better now?